Don Brown to Michigan

Our fans are Goldenized.. always worried about everything going wrong.. my guess is Richt already knows who the DC is and just cant announce it.

We are spending good money for a DC and Richt had a huge pool of guys to choose from.. we are in good hands.. This "sleeping giant" thing is for real.. We are going to be contenders immediately with this staff.

Let's not make the mistake of deifying Richt. He's the same guy who hired Willie Martinez and Todd Grantham as DCs at UGA. Those two guys are sucker asses.

I'm not gonna rip him unless he hires another *** bum at DC, but this hire is monstrous to the program, and I'm not willing to just "Trust Richt". I'm willing to wait patiently, but I ain't trusting blindly.

He's gotta get this one right. Way more important to UM's future than a recruit here or there that we might miss.

LMAO @ *** bum

Advertisement
As long as it's not Donofrio, I'll give him a chance.

Good DC but..

He fits those northern athletes and that northern type football.. This isn't a "miss".

Coach Richt understands southern athletes and southern type football!

Speed.. Attack not Read... React!

I trust Richt!

BC defense was an attacking aggressive d.....

Advertisement
Good DC but..

He fits those northern athletes and that northern type football.. This isn't a "miss".

I trust Richt!

BC defense was an attacking aggressive d.....

Harbaugh is a savage he runs a 3-4 normally and Don Brown will be bringing in an aggressive 4-3. I think its safe to say Harbaugh is going to bring Michigan back to power. Great hires, and killing it on the recruiting trail including some south Florida recruiting.

Good DC but..

I trust Richt!

This, his style wouldnt fit what we have

And lol at yall already turning on richt
Tell me how Brown's downhill violent attacking 4-3 doesn't fit UM.

I live in northeast so I watched a few BC games. The 43 BC ran was way more "miami" than the 34 Miami ran. BC d was the best d in country and it was cause of Brown.

Advertisement
Justin Wilcox is still out there.....he was a hot name a few years back. What about Josh Conklin at Pitt? Miami's DC position should be heavily coveted.. I mean......you're following D'nofrio.

Wilcox was a fail at USC. Got run out of there. If he can't get it done there then he can't get it done at UM, as they're about as comparable as can be.

Our fans are Goldenized.. always worried about everything going wrong.. my guess is Richt already knows who the DC is and just cant announce it.

We are spending good money for a DC and Richt had a huge pool of guys to choose from.. we are in good hands.. This "sleeping giant" thing is for real.. We are going to be contenders immediately with this staff.

Let's not make the mistake of deifying Richt. He's the same guy who hired Willie Martinez and Todd Grantham as DCs at UGA. Those two guys are sucker asses.

I'm not gonna rip him unless he hires another *** bum at DC, but this hire is monstrous to the program, and I'm not willing to just "Trust Richt". I'm willing to wait patiently, but I ain't trusting blindly.

He's gotta get this one right. Way more important to UM's future than a recruit here or there that we might miss.

Yes, sir, you are exactly right. You and me, brother, are eye to eye < > right now.

Richt has made two straight poor hires at DC (and he **** near refused to fire Martinezm until he was forced), so lets not act like he's infallible. This hire MUST be a HR. This hire is as important as the HC hire

You're hypnotizing me with your genius, Svengali. This dude paid Toad Grantham $1M to be a pile of **** after hanging with the completely inept Martinez for way too long.

Good DC but..

I trust Richt!

This, his style wouldnt fit what we have

And lol at yall already turning on richt
Tell me how Brown's downhill violent attacking 4-3 doesn't fit UM.

I live in northeast so I watched a few BC games. The 43 BC ran was way more "miami" than the 34 Miami ran. BC d was the best d in country and it was cause of Brown.

I don't live in the northeast, and I see it the same way you do. I've been humping Brown's leg for a long time. The dude is a nasty DC. Was my number 1 choice.

people need to relax. richt will hire the guy he wants. nothing u say will change that. just because u may have wanted brown maybe richt didn't for reasons we aren't privy to , like he wants willie martinez as his dc. maybe he has john chavis on speed dial.

richt hasn't said anything and has stated multiple times he planned to wait till after bowl game to make any announcements and it was need to know right now and that it was more important to get the hire right now than to rush into it. i don't know why people are so suprised they still haven't hired a guy yet.

give it time. this guy isn't golden he has won won big and done so in sec. give him a chance to at least hire a guy and i don't know coach a game or 2 before u get all up in arms.

Advertisement

This is exactly where I stand on the DC issue. I like Richt but his track record in terms of hiring DC's doesn't exactly have me sleeping the sleep of angels. Martinez and Grantham were at best mediocre hires and that is a valid cause for some concern. This hire can't just be some guy. This DC hire must be elite and with the money we are supposedly willing to spend, it **** well better be. I'm not bashing Richt but if he goes out and hires some goofball like Billy Davis then I'm going to go through the facking roof.

This is how guys like Al Golden get hired in the wrong place , you get a bunch of esquires and accountants making football decisions.

They're turned on by what someone did w lesser talent and their Ivy League/white collar backgrounds so it must mean he's really smart and can do it here. You give him nicknames such as "The Don" until then you realize maybe you outsmarted yourself. Maybe this guy just doesn't fit THIS BRAND OF FOOTBALL!

Don Brown is a good DC but hasn't coached a down of football south of Pennylvania. He fits that brand of football! His scheme fits that type of athlete. That means something!

BC is a read and react team , I don't need google.. I've got my eyes and have been watching them nearly 20 years since Big East days . They play the same style of football Al & D'Onofrio wanted run ... Slow the ball down offensively and limit opponents offensive possessions. Prevent the big play and win "money downs".

If your schedule consists of playing Maine, Massachusetts, Howard, Wake Forest, Northern Illinois, Duke and Syracuse (not including his days at UAss and Connecticut) and you can't field a top 10-15 defense then you shouldn't be coaching.. A true DOMINANT defense would've helped win more than 3 games.

**** Even D'Onofrio fielded a "top 15" defense once!

Good coach is Don Brown but give me a coach who's coached this TYPE football before. He fits that northern brand of football! So does Al Golden!

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is how guys like Al Golden get hired in the wrong place , you get a bunch of esquires and accountants making football decisions.

They're turned on by what someone did w lesser talent and their Ivy League/white collar backgrounds so it must mean he's really smart and can do it here. You give him nicknames such as "The Don" until then you realize maybe you outsmarted yourself. Maybe this guy just doesn't fit THIS BRAND OF FOOTBALL!

Don Brown is a good DC but hasn't coached a down of football south of Pennylvania. He fits that brand of football! His scheme fits that type of athlete. That means something!

BC is a read and react team , I don't need google.. I've got my eyes and have been watching them nearly 20 years since Big East days . They play the same style of football Al & D'Onofrio wanted run ... Slow the ball down offensively and limit opponents offensive possessions. Prevent the big play and win "money downs".

If your schedule consists of playing Maine, Massachusetts, Howard, Wake Forest, Northern Illinois, Duke and Syracuse (not including his days at UAss and Connecticut) and you can't field a top 10-15 defense then you shouldn't be coaching.. A true DOMINANT defense would've helped win more than 3 games.

Good coach is Don Brown but give me a coach who's coached this TYPE football before. He fits that northern brand of football! So does Al Golden!

This is probably the least informed post I have read on any Canes board EVER.

Don Browns defensive scheme is more aggressive than any defense we have had hear since the early 1990s. He is a savage of the HIGHEST order.

You have Michigan State and Michigan, two traditional Big 10 power football schools, playing aggressive, down hill, speed based 4-3 defense. While FSU and Miami play 3-4 defenses.

The world is upside down.

This is probably the least informed post I have read on any Canes board EVER.

Don Browns defensive scheme is more aggressive than any defense we have had hear since the early 1990s. He is a savage of the HIGHEST order.

Just becuase you disagree with him doesn't mean he's Ill informed

I won't stake my side of the Don brown argument but it is true that Boston College played a pop Warner schedule this year and you could still can fit the amount of wins on one hand. We will probably get a better idea of how good Don brown is after Michigan

This is why he's making a lateral move to another coordinator spot at a bigger school than a head coaching position I would imagine. I'm not sure he's proved himself yet to everyone

Advertisement
Back