Don’t Lose Your **** if it Happens

Advertisement
So shame on us for being TRUE Miami fans?
That’s not called being a true fan. You can’t expect perfection from JW or Diaz. They’ll struggle at times and that’s expected since they’re both first timers. You have to look at things logically and understand that it will be a work in progress

Some of the people here are delusional so they’ll expect a first time starter at QB to have a great game and a first time head coach to dominate a top 10 team. Those type of people don’t much about football so there’s no use of even trying with them.

Isn't that what happened at Clemson last year?

And that QB - when measured against our QB, at the same time, same players, same circumstances, same environment - beat out Clemson's QB.

Maybe I don't know football - but I know that. You didn't.

And that QB - when measured against our QB, at the same time, same players, same circumstances, same environment - beat out Clemson's QB.

Well said.

I have a long term view.

Yes, there's every reason to hope expect we kick ***, but I still remember that in Butch Davis' first year here: with a fully loaded (not yet scholarship limited) with Hall of famers, having just played for a shot a the national championship the year prior, we got thumped by UCLA 31-8. (STORY LINK)

The grassy board was in an uproar to get rid of him (a sentiment that became deafening at 5-6 regardless of the logic to consider the crippling sanctions).

Long term view said Davis would get it figured out.

Manny has my long term faith--- but I'd prefer (and BELIEVE!) he starts of a whole lot better than Davis did.

Advertisement
That’s not called being a true fan. You can’t expect perfection from JW or Diaz. They’ll struggle at times and that’s expected since they’re both first timers. You have to look at things logically and understand that it will be a work in progress
No excuses

Just look like a team that looks very little like last season, on O and special teams at least. The only thing that will really set me off is not a loss to UF, but a loss to UF because our O can't do jack crap. We need to see signs that we are headed in the right direction, and that should start tonight.

We were so bad on O, how the **** can we come out and NOT look improved?

I’m just interested to see if this team is going to fight through adversity or fold like last year.
Expect a lot of up-tempo offense from UF to keep our defense tired and on there heels.
If Miami can get quick 3 and outs and score it will reverse there strategy.
We shall see. I have no Idea how the offense will look. But if the defense can lock down the run game it’s going to go Miami’s way.

Butch Davis fanboys??....You mean the Butch fanboys who watched Butch eviscerate a much better Gator team than what Manny is facing??....Lol....
facts

Excuse thread str8 up............theres real fans who will be upset losing to UF its fuqin UF for christs sake its a rival. So this is a thread if we lose whoever gets mad they can accuse them of being UM haters which is so retarded.....people have the right to get mad.

Advertisement

Ok, so this year we’re going to be like Clemson. Anything less is a disappointment, go it.

We always do very good against rivals that talk shiit, especially when the haters (i.e., Finebaum) talkin shiit about us before the game.
We got this!

Ok, so this year we’re going to be like Clemson. Anything less is a disappointment, go it.

There's functional reading comprehension - and then theres that special kind of . . . stupid.

At nowhere did I say we're going to be like Clemson - that's all you - you just pulled it out of urass - and attributed it to me.

I addressed the QB - if you don't recall Jarren coming in to win after Clemson's QB was bombing - that's on you too!

Last edited:
There's functional reading comprehension - and then theres that special kind of . . . stupid.

At nowhere did I say we're going to be like Clemson - that's all you - you just pulled it out of urass - and attributed it to me.

I addressed the QB - if you don't recall Jarren coming in to win after Clemson's QB was bombing - that's on you too!
These are the real trolls dog who r having doubts and excuses right before kickoff. We will know alot of truths today by watching this game.

Advertisement
I’m friends with both of you, I’m sitting this one out. I stand by my assessment of Mullet. That’s just my opinion.

Advertisement

Lol, enjoy the game kid.

Firstly, I want to start off by saying I think we beat the Gators. I know it’s unfathomable to even mention the idea of us losing to some of you. But that being said, this game is obviously not a walk in the park like the usual first game of the season.

*IF* we do lose, DO NOT start calling for Manny’s head and start flying banners. I understand the desire to beat UF, but it will be his first game as HC. The man has won the offseason, and deserves the entirety of the season to convince you he could be the guy.

Manny is a culture fit, the players love him, and he’s smart. THE SKY WILL NOT BE FALLING if we start off 0-1. Do not jump to conclusions saying we’ll go 7-5. Remain optimistic and patient.

Maybe Jarren has a rough first game. Don’t start calling for him to be pulled a la Kosi in UVA.

This is your friendly reminder that if Jarren or Manny don’t meet your ridiculous game 1 expectations, to not lose faith in these guys. It’s a 12 game season.

Now, let’s **** them Gaytes.

Some folks need to read this again.

Advertisement
Back