NFL Dolphins draft plan

All the talk is Pitts and Chase will be gone by 6. Doesn't sound like Denver wants to give up much to move up, if at all, and they could just trade with Detroit anyway. Best you can hope for is Sewell now but I still think it's gonna be Waddle.

Najee and Elijah are going 1st round. Likely top 24.

Dyami is getting first round buzz. He does give me Will Fuller vibes but didn't test as well.

Sermon probably goes 2nd round. Phins need a short-yardage back. That's the area where Gaskin really struggled. Herbert runs like Dalvin lite so he could do the job even though he's not a big guy. Kylin Hill is solid all-around. Rhamondre Stevenson is a big back with light feet like a Blount, Lendale White, Eddie Lacy type. He's an elite pass protector too. My sleepers are Trey Ragas and Spencer Brown, 2 big backs that lack speed but run with good vision and footwork in zone schemes.

Advertisement
I will say that Waddle should be a lot better than Ross, Austin, Ruggs, Brown and Reagor.

He's stronger and tougher than all but Ruggs, and he has much more quickness than Ruggs. He is a very talented player.

Here is waddle getting separation from a corner who recently was timed running a 4.25 40.

I will say that Waddle should be a lot better than Ross, Austin, Ruggs, Brown and Reagor.

He's stronger and tougher than all but Ruggs, and he has much more quickness than Ruggs. He is a very talented player.
His play strength and ball skills are much better than Ruggs. Ruggs struggled with contact through the route stem as a rookie and Mayock has said he needs to get stronger.

Waddle is a great player. The issue is value if you take him 6th overall when you can get Elijah Moore, Eskridge, Tylan Wallace, Dyami, etc. later on.

No idea what they are thinking and I love our HC but have little faith in our GM. If indeed they miss out on a target because of the trade back how dumb was it to trade back? I still don't understand trading back so early and when doing so giving up what you just got to move back to a position where you aren't getting your top prospect.

They take either Bama receiver at 6 it shows they screwed up as they aren't ahead of Pitts or Chase. But we got extra picks...Who cares we need impact players who become the best at their position. I know picks are important but it is what you do with those picks and see above where I have no faith in our GM. Yes, I know he gets a lot of pats on the back for all these moves but so far he is living off the Texans trade. The other hit was Howard at CB but other than that very unimpressive.

If they move down again maybe that is why they moved back up to 6. If they take OT then maybe that was the plan. They will tell us it all went according to the plan but we won't know until a book comes out.

Advertisement
No idea what they are thinking and I love our HC but have little faith in our GM. If indeed they miss out on a target because of the trade back how dumb was it to trade back? I still don't understand trading back so early and when doing so giving up what you just got to move back to a position where you aren't getting your top prospect.

They take either Bama receiver at 6 it shows they screwed up as they aren't ahead of Pitts or Chase. But we got extra picks...Who cares we need impact players who become the best at their position. I know picks are important but it is what you do with those picks and see above where I have no faith in our GM. Yes, I know he gets a lot of pats on the back for all these moves but so far he is living off the Texans trade. The other hit was Howard at CB but other than that very unimpressive.

If they move down again maybe that is why they moved back up to 6. If they take OT then maybe that was the plan. They will tell us it all went according to the plan but we won't know until a book comes out.
I think Grier is great at accumulating picks and trades. I think his free agency choices leave a LOT to be desired and his drafting of players is questionable too. It still is too early to say definitively on his drafting as it all really boils down to Tua.

I think Grier is great at accumulating picks and trades. I think his free agency choices leave a LOT to be desired and his drafting of players is questionable too. It still is too early to say definitively on his drafting as it all really boils down to Tua.
Then he is not very good. Like I said, I just don't have faith in him because of his history. He got lucky LT fell in the draft and then again with the trade...Texans beyond dumb so to be fair he isn't the absolute worst. First rounders are for stars and we move up into first round last year for what? I know...Jury still out.

He hit on Howard. His signings in FA not so good and not so here any longer. Tua better be it because if not and NE gets a QB our division prospects will look bleak for years to come and to think we had the 3 and 5 picks in back to back drafts and are then looking for a signal caller?

If Tua is their guy then they should have traded back but you don't do it a month or two out. You wait until teams feel their butt cheeks squeezing together and you make sure you either rob them or your player is still there. To be fair, maybe their player is there I don't know and I may be partial since my guys would be Pitts or OL.

Then he is not very good. Like I said, I just don't have faith in him because of his history. He got lucky LT fell in the draft and then again with the trade...Texans beyond dumb so to be fair he isn't the absolute worst. First rounders are for stars and we move up into first round last year for what? I know...Jury still out.

He hit on Howard. His signings in FA not so good and not so here any longer. Tua better be it because if not and NE gets a QB our division prospects will look bleak for years to come and to think we had the 3 and 5 picks in back to back drafts and are then looking for a signal caller?

If Tua is their guy then they should have traded back but you don't do it a month or two out. You wait until teams feel their butt cheeks squeezing together and you make sure you either rob them or your player is still there. To be fair, maybe their player is there I don't know and I may be partial since my guys would be Pitts or OL.
I agree entirely. That Igbinoghene pick was the one that was a big question last year. It is incredible that we have any holes on the OL given the number of draft picks and big FA signings we have invested in it, though Hunt and Kindley look promising. But the number of big FA signings he made last year that were gone a year later is incredible... Lawson, Van Noy, and Flowers. How does that even happen.

After passing on Herbert last year given the way he played, and this years class of QB's, if they decide after another 2 or 3 years that Tua isn't the guy...ouch.

Advertisement
After passing on Herbert last year given the way he played, and this years class of QB's, if they decide after another 2 or 3 years that Tua isn't the guy...ouch.
I get it is sometimes like flipping a coin but Howard? Only real hit thus far? I am GM I go Sewell to save my job. I want an offensive line where you or I could run behind it. QB becomes poster child for a Tide commercial because he is never dirty. Unless of course Pitts is available because he could be that outlet you can't plan for on a defense. Then I look at moving out of 18 for picks or I am finding Parsons. Game changers.

I know Edge but Parsons can do it all and with Edge you have quite a few where everybody is conflicted on which order. Adding Fuller just made WR a lesser priority especially if Williams heals up as he has shown flashes (had him on fantasy squad lol) and you already have Parker.

Ouch was right brother...Loved Tua at Bama hope he pans out.

Isn't that what they did? Robbing the Niners of 2 1sts to move back to 12.

The mistake was moving back up to 6 - and I said that at the time - although I have a feeling the draft goes Lawrence-Wilson-Jones-Lance-Chase then Pitts is there at 6 and the Dolphins look like geniuses. But if that doesn't happen I think there will be players available at 12 that are in the same talent tier as their guy at 6, if not higher.

Advertisement
I would've made the same educated guess as Grier that 4 QBs or 3 QBs and an OT go Top 5. If it doesn't work out, that's really bad luck.

It's insane to me that a team like Atlanta would pass on Fields or Lance.

Advertisement
What don’t you like about waddle? He’s a great player for tua
I don't like the value there. You could have likely gotten him at 9 and not had to give up that extra pick. Alternatively, you could likely trade back and still get him. If the board shakes out 3 qbs, Pitts, Chase in some order, then you go Sewell or trade back if there is a partner.

I would've made the same educated guess as Grier that 4 QBs or 3 QBs and an OT go Top 5. If it doesn't work out, that's really bad luck.

It's insane to me that a team like Atlanta would pass on Fields or Lance.
Or a team like san fran would trade for the #3 pick for two QBs they could have gotten lower down on the board.

Looks like Denver traded for Bridgewater so the trading partners for the fish are dwindling if they wanted to trade down.

Take your tackle and then say that is what you wanted all along!

Looks like Denver traded for Bridgewater so the trading partners for the fish are dwindling if they wanted to trade down.

Take your tackle and then say that is what you wanted all along!
How does a 6th rounder for Bridgewater on a 1year $10mil salary preclude them from targeting a QB? Draft QB, cut Lock, job well done.

This Bridgewater deal could've been delayed until Saturday. I view it as a signal that the Panthers want teams to think they're considering QB to push a lineman down to them, while the Broncos want teams to think they're set at QB so their guy falls to them at 9. Their GM is loath to trade up he comes from the Minnesota pipeline where they only trade down.

Media is treating every team like a giant open book when smokescreens are the name of the game in draft season.

Advertisement
Back