Dolphins @ Canes 4 p.m. ACCnX

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why not turn to Walt in the 9th? Was he even there tonight?
Mostly that, but also where has Rafe disappeared to? His first three outings weren’t great, but Gallo has an ERA of 13.50 so it can’t be a performance issue.

dimare is a bum...has always been a bum...and will continue to be a bum

complete waste of money spent on him as our head coach.

i was never a fan of the hire from the beginning, and he massively underperforms every single year.

he needs to go...now.
He donates his salary back to the school so they are getting a free coach essentially. You get what you pay for!

Advertisement
attempted answers seem confusing so seeking clarity: Was there any legit or logical reasons not to have Walters attempt to put out the top of the 9th fire?

attempted answers seem confusing so seeking clarity: Was there any legit or logical reasons not to have Walters attempt to put out the top of the 9th fire?
Not that I can think of. I’d have liked him in to start the inning because you’re not going to have a save situation in extras at home. No obvious reason to save him either since he hadn’t pitched in four days and you’re off tomorrow. Certainly should have had him ready at the first sign that Gallo was predictably in trouble, unless he was just unavailable today for some unknown reason.

My guess is they don’t want to overuse him. Especially with the arm issues this team seems to be having. He goes out yesterday then if we needed him 2 times this weekend and his pitch count is up in any of those outings.

The head down defeated body language from Gino at the end speaks volumes. I have a hard team seeing the season end in a way that wouldn’t require a serious baseball program to fire him.
That's the $64 question - are we anymore?

Advertisement
That's the $64 question - are we anymore?
My $64 would be on no. Watching Gino walk back to the dugout last night, the “so miserable he retires” scenario feels like a non-zero possibility though.

Advertisement
My $64 would be on no. Watching Gino walk back to the dugout last night, the “so miserable he retires” scenario feels like a non-zero possibility though.
I couldn't take it anymore and left when JU went up 6-2, but am sorry to have missed this, as it sounds like last night may have been a turning point. Last season's result is his ceiling and everyone (including him) knows it.

I have to disagree to some extent with Gino wont get fired. This is division I athletics. At some point the fan noise becomes to much for anyone. He did make a regional last year (not good enough trust me I agree since we have looked bad in big games). If he doesnt make anything this year he may get canned or at worst next year would be it.

Is that still to long yes. But at some point the powers that be will say to him (or already have) this is a make or break for you. We need "X" to happen or we have to move on. We appreciate all your family has done but there is a standard here that hasnt been met in to long.

I think if this team goes .500...and there is a very realistic chance that happens Gino will be gone this year.

I couldn't take it anymore and left when JU went up 6-2, but am sorry to have missed this, as it sounds like last night may have been a turning point. Last season's result is his ceiling and everyone (including him) knows it.
You lasted longer than a lot of people. There was a minor exodus around the 5th inning, including some people that have been around the Light forever.

Advertisement
Back