Dolphin Locker Room

CaneDawgCrew

Senior
I don't know if this changes the Dolphin thinking on trading for Watson or drafting a QB at #3

I don't like the fact the players, if the articles are true, are coming out as unnamed sources. I was always taught what happens in the locker room is better for chemistry if it stays there.

Advertisement
I don't know if this changes the Dolphin thinking on trading for Watson or drafting a QB at #3

I don't like the fact the players, if the articles are true, are coming out as unnamed sources. I was always taught what happens in the locker room is better for chemistry if it stays there.

well we don't know who the reporter asked (could be a p squad dude for all we know). that being said, tua didn't play well, but I still think its too early to know whether hes good or bad given the skill talent and OC. if Houston wants tua, id give him up for Watson in a heart beat

Players are funny. Sometimes they can't see a good player if it hits them in the face.

I personally don't think tua is the guy for the future but I think it's logical to give him a bit more time.

Advertisement
Doesn't take rocket appliances to notice that FitzMagic is better then Tua, and gives them a better chance at winning.
Their essentially calling out the coach.

It's been proven time and time again, albeit there are outliers, that having a 1st year QB sit for a bit make them better long term.

I just want a good QB , Don't care who it is.... If we can work out a deal for Watson and not have to give up the #3 pick then I'm good with it.... I think that #3 pick should it be Smith will help whoever the QB is more than we can imagine....

Advertisement
LMAO what a difference in stats:

"Tagovailoa totaled 1,814 passing yards, 11 touchdowns and five interceptions in 10 appearances, compared to Fitzpatrick who had 2,091 passing yards and 13 touchdowns in just nine games. "

Fitzpatrick BARELY outplayed Tua statistically. Tua is 21. Fitz is 38.

Players are funny. Sometimes they can't see a good player if it hits them in the face.

I personally don't think tua is the guy for the future but I think it's logical to give him a bit more time.
This is a contradiction and does not make sense in any way.

Why didn't they win more with Fitzpatrick?
Good point. Felt like they get away from the run game with Fitzpatrick and solely just rely on him, lengthens the game.
Meaning with Tua they were trying to protect him and with good reason, don't want that 1st rounder losing his juice.

Good point. Felt like they get away from the run game with Fitzpatrick and solely just rely on him, lengthens the game.
Meaning with Tua they were trying to protect him and with good reason, don't want that 1st rounder losing his juice.
Fitz reminds me of a sixth man, score-first guard in basketball. He can heat up and carry you for a while, but over the course of the season his decision-making leads to a mediocre record.

The hope is that, with better players around him, Tua will be that pass-first PG who protects the ball while spreading it around and making plays.

Advertisement
Doesn't take rocket appliances to notice that FitzMagic is better then Tua, and gives them a better chance at winning.
Their essentially calling out the coach.

It's been proven time and time again, albeit there are outliers, that having a 1st year QB sit for a bit make them better long term.

fitzpatrick takes more chances. they trust tua to be a game manager and not throw the game away, but tua isnt gonna take the same risks fitz does.

This is a contradiction and does not make sense in any way.

Sure it does. See what he’s got in another season - he might be decent. My point is, if you want to get past the doldrums of 8-8/9-7, this ain’t your guy, imo.

Advertisement
I can see what the players are seeing but I dont think putting Fitz in over tua gets them more wins. After Denver, teams knew that running palms coverage and filling the run game with two high coverage was the way to stop this offense and tua just didnt have faith in his players to just read a coverage pre snap and know that where he needs to throw it isnt exactly gonna be open. Which is usually the middle of the field. I also got frustrated with chan not wanting to attack the middle with geseki/RBs/slot. That's why you could see when Fitz came in he could tell what he needed to do from YEARS of experience. And knowing that everything will be relied on anticipation and attacking the middle. He still struggled in the red zone more than tua tho.

Fitz reminds me of a sixth man, score-first guard in basketball. He can heat up and carry you for a while, but over the course of the season his decision-making leads to a mediocre record.

The hope is that, with better players around him, Tua will be that pass-first PG who protects the ball while spreading it around and making plays.
Completely agree. Fitzy is hot and cold, when hes hot hes Brady in prime, when hes cold, it's like watching Rex Grossman.

In that last game against the Bills, with the playoffs on the line, and the dolphins are driving to score and your starting qb slides instead of going all out to score. Players saw that and said, nah, he ain't it.
Yeah he's a very programmed player. He doesn't have much intuitive feel for space or situation. It shows up in areas like reading leverage or being efficient with his movement.

Advertisement
Back