Dolphin Locker Room

Yeah he's a very programmed player. He doesn't have much intuitive feel for space or situation. It shows up in areas like reading leverage or being efficient with his movement.
He does appear stiff, but i was thinking more from a leadership point of view. If the guy isn't willing to give it all he's got, how would he expect his team mates to have his back, hence the article on the lack in faith of Tua.

Advertisement
He does appear stiff, but i was thinking more from a leadership point of view. If the guy isn't willing to give it all he's got, how would he expect his team mates to have his back, hence the article on the lack in faith of Tua.
Seems like the concerns have more to do with his level of play, talent limitations and frustration over missing the playoffs.

Given this trend I don't see how the Dolphins can ignore QB this offseason. This is the year where they have the opportunity (draft capital and available talent) to improve the position. You don't want to end up like the Bears with 5 middling years sunk into a limited QB and limited resources to upgrade the position.

Seems like the concerns have more to do with his level of play, talent limitations and frustration over missing the playoffs.

Given this trend I don't see how the Dolphins can ignore QB this offseason. This is the year where they have the opportunity (draft capital and available talent) to improve the position. You don't want to end up like the Bears with 5 middling years sunk into a limited QB and limited resources to upgrade the position.

And then there is this, not sure why Miami would have to take Fields,

And then there is this, not sure why Miami would have to take Fields,

On the ESPN Path to the Draft podcast McShay was adamant that Fields should return to college and isn't ready for the NFL as a rookie. I agree. He has good traits and is on a good development track but there will be major growing pains for him as a rookie.

At this point I think a lot of teams will be valuing Mac Jones above Tua which would depress his trade value. Although the 49ers make sense for Tua considering they have a low-volume pass attack with a lot of defined throws off play action and bootlegs. It would be a lot like Alabama for him with RPOs, screens and crossers.

Chris Simms's breakdown of Tua last year as a prospect.

Spoiler alert: He's prophetic. Dolphins massively fvcked up. To not move on would be a ridiculous doubling down on a guy they massively overreached on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back