Doesn't look like Gilbert Frierson will be transferring

Advertisement
Always good to have depth but im really excited about Chase Smith. Maybe chase will add weight and strength and move to a traditional LB spot?

He’s going to play nickel and will drop some weight. He’s staying

Very good news. I don't know if it was Patke making him bulk up. But he was not as effective in the 2021 season as he was in 2020. Kid has real talent. I hope we see it on full display in 2022.

Advertisement
L
No he didn't. He thought about transferring since mid season when him and Manny got into an argument. Because of his brothers relationship with Mario he still considered transferring but he never once tested the waters to see if anyone wanted him. I know of 4 different spots that want him and 2 of them are sec squads with some pockets. He didn't want to leave his girl and his mom's.
Well, I know one Sec West team that “wanted him ”. Whatever that means.

Last edited:
You must run a blitz heavy package on Madden lol/

Gil can help in the box, the slot, Boundary..

He has man coverage ability and he's over 215 pounds. That's a pretty diverse skill-set.

Sure he can play anywhere, but where does it help the most? Probably box defender covering 'backs and 'ends.

On the other hand, just imagine, Tyrique and Gil playing corner in a base-3 defense. Both can cover, play the ball, and tackle!

The above is an excellent example of why the DC hire is so crucial. The right DC will be able to get the most out of the defense using what we have now. Defensively we have a lot of holes and poor depth but we also have some very solid to excellent players that we can build on and around like Leonard Taylor, Chase Smith, James Williams, Avantae Williams, Kamren Kinchens, Wesley Bissiante, Gil Frierson, Keontra Smith and Tyrique Stevenson. An intelligent DC will know how to use the unique skillset of each player in combination with alignment and personel groupings in order to maximize the potential of the defense.

Advertisement
No he didn't. He thought about transferring since mid season when him and Manny got into an argument. Because of his brothers relationship with Mario he still considered transferring but he never once tested the waters to see if anyone wanted him. I know of 4 different spots that want him and 2 of them are sec squads with some pockets. He didn't want to leave his girl and his mom's.
He did test the waters and talked to ol miss. How far it got I don’t know, but he definitely had conversations. It’s not an attack on the kid. Everyone has the right to see what’s out there. Doesn’t sound like it was ever more than flirting according to you. Anyone would have done the same thing, if they didn’t think playing here next season was guaranteed to be in their best interest. College football is on notice that free agency is here and it’s real.

Last edited:
He did test the waters and talked to ol miss. How far it got I don’t know, but he definitely had conversations. It’s not an attack on the kid. Everyone has the right to see what’s out there. Doesn’t sound like it was ever more than flirting according to you. Anyone would have done the same thing, if they didn’t think playing here next season was guarante to be in their best interest. College football is on notice that free agency is here and it’s real.
Of course he did and it wasn’t some big secret.

We all know know how the game is played , it’s rarely the players himself , so maybe our definition of “ looking around“ may be different than some people lol. But like I said it was no secret he was thinking about transferring and that’s not just from Miami’s side. I guess those staff members elsewhere had an epiphany to realize that or a dream lol. It’s not even a big deal , but whatever. I can care less if somebody disagrees with it or not.

Last edited:
Oh sh*t, he probably never thought of that. I bet he just blew his whole wad, now we're screwed.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

One of my favorite Canes I love his swagger. Where does he fit in the “multiple” defense?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back