Does Vegas know something we don’t ?

Advertisement
I was actually even more surprised when I saw that Caesars still has Miami listed as the #2 favorite to win the ACC behind Clemson.

Vegas does not care who wins or loses. The original question should be, what do the bettors know that they are making Miami a 4 point favorite.

Vegas does not care who wins or loses. The original question should be, what do the bettors know that they are making Miami a 4 point favorite.
Generally, more than most of the posters here. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was actually even more surprised when I saw that Caesars still has Miami listed as the #2 favorite to win the ACC behind Clemson.
I think that’s more to do with the fact that someone has to win the coastal. And Clemson already has the tiebreaker against wake and ncstate. Those three are the best teams in the ACC. Clemson is on east street mode now

Advertisement
Understandable considering Vegas has Miami as favored to beat NC. Odds are pretty good that the winner of the game this weekend between Miami and NC will win the Coastal and be playing Clemson in the ACC Champ game.

Not always, but usually its harder to operate offense on the road. UNC defense has been trash, and defense travels.

My guess is they're thinking Miami can possess the ball enough to shorten game, and keep UNC offense off the field. Miami has shown the ability to sustain long drives that eat up clock.

Then UNC offense may be not quite as efficient on the road, Steele with 2 weeks to prepare and Miami's DL make it uncomfortable enough for Maye and the UNC offense.

Throw in that UNC's offense typically works like a pebble rolling down hill. Stop it early, eat some clock, score a little, and dont allow them to get rhythm.

Understandable considering Vegas has Miami as favored to beat NC. Odds are pretty good that the winner of the game this weekend between Miami and NC will win the Coastal and be playing Clemson in the ACC Champ game.
I hope we beat UNC, but even if we beat them, I'm certainly not of the mindset that the odds are then in our favor to make it to the ACC Champ game. There's a lot of football to play and as history has shown, there are A LOT of obstacles that we'll need to overcome.

Advertisement
Aren't Vegas lines pretty much set to even out the money bet on each team?

*My impression as a non gambler who would have as much fun throwing money out my car window as I would gambling. And it would be the same result.

Advertisement
I bet $20 on UNC +4.5

I’m drinking either way after
If you regret that decision like I do (I think Mario's dumbass keep-away strategy works, or the coaches actually get inspired for once), rectify your bet during the in-game... Right after some offensive success from UNC, hit that Miami to cover (maybe +3 or something)

Last edited:
If you regret that decision like I do (I think Mario's dumbass keep-away strategy works, or the coaches actually get inspired for once), rectify your bet during the in-game... Right after some offensive success from UNC, hit that Miami to cover (maybe -3 or something)

I’m good.

If Miami covers, my $20 is a sacrifice to the betting gods. Maybe I cash the +4.5 and Miami wins

They don't "know" anything. It's not that complicated. They use power rankings that spit out the lines.

Any poster on this board could use Sagarin's ratings to predict spreads before they come out. Our PREDICTOR rating is 75.40. UNC's is 73.90. Factor in home field and -4 is right where it should be.

Advertisement
You mea

You mean like how they had FSU favored over Wake??....Lol...F Vegas
They made a lot of money on those who picked the Noles tho. That one opened at -3 and somehow jumped all the way to a TD for the Noles before settling back at -6 before kickoff. I expect a lot of people to hammer UNC on this one and then they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. They aren't picking the winner, they are about making money.

Advertisement
Back