Does UNC beat Miami without TEZ Walker..

?What do you think?

I'm not so sure they do. Just think the NCAA's decision and timing is a little sus

I know it doesn't matter, I just wonder what your opinion is?
He didnt look much different then the cats who ran past us from Middle Tenn State.

Advertisement
But what about when that boss has hired the wrong people multiple times? AND/OR doesn’t have his employees in position to succeed? What usually happens to that boss?
You right. But if your job is to park cars and the employee just lets someone back into another car how was the supposed to prevent that? Theres only so many trainings you can do for parking. Just playing devil's advocate here.

I think we beat them without Tez… none of their other receivers seemed to be making any plays that I remember.

Would have allowed more bodies to load up the box to stop the run.

Having said that that TVD pick, botched snap fumble, and terrible flags on Guidry still don’t make me say anything confidently. We definitely helped in getting that loss we deserved to get

If we have just a bad 3rd quarter we could have won..not even a great quarter just dont be completely terrible and its a real game in the 4th

We had a bad snap turnover, bad pick, then they rush 3 and still get a sack, then we miss a open guy on 4th n 10. And the defense got cooked ,all this in one quarter

We played well enough in the first half and the 4th its just was too late cause the 3rd was completely terrible in every way. Then in the 4th with 7min left down 2 scores, one stop maybe **** get interesting? Nope they break a 60 yard run

Advertisement
The only reason for that is maybe they assumed Carolina was gonna run it to get into FG range. If not I don’t get it. When you’re in a 2nd and 30 spot, your goal immediately changes to getting into FG range. Maybe a run or a short pass to get some back. At best they’re back into the 3rd and 20 range. At worst it’s 3rd and 30.

My entire point is, they don’t take that deep shot if he accepts the penalty.
They are getting 5-15 yards on the replay of 2nd down regardless with a screen, draw or something low risk since we’ll be in soft coverage. I don’t mind the call. Gives them one less chance for us to pick up a cheap hold, PI, PF, or UC. We shouldn’t have to sweat 3rd and 20.

?What do you think?

I'm not so sure they do. Just think the NCAA's decision and timing is a little sus

Walker didn't help Miami's cause and was definitely their go-to.... more concerned with three legit turnovers (not counting game-ending hail mary).

The Parrish fumble was brutal on the heels of Chaney last week... and Van Dyke with a brutal and untimely second half pick.

Miami was up 21-17 at the half and then the wheels fell off for the Heels' 24-0 run that put the game out of reach.

Yes.
They beat us.

Why?
We were -3 on TO margin vs (what now is) the #10 team in the country, at their place.
How often do top-10 teams lose at home at +3?

The game would have been closer though.
You just don’t take away a player with that talent and not expect it to affect a team.

They are getting 5-15 yards on the replay of 2nd down regardless with a screen, draw or something low risk since we’ll be in soft coverage. I don’t mind the call. Gives them one less chance for us to pick up a cheap hold, PI, PF, or UC. We shouldn’t have to sweat 3rd and 20.
You always back your opponent up out of FG range.

Advertisement
We can’t have it both ways. We can’t criticize the NCAA and talk about how much of a joke they are, but then criticize the fact they finally got something right just because it was against us. Honest question: If we had already played UNC and they decided right before the ACC championship to allow him to play against the Noles would we still be upset? No, we’d probably be happy. We need to stop making excuses and actually stop the other team’s star instead of wishing he didn’t play.

S-O-L-I-D G-O-L-D 😂😂😂

😂😂😂

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

We can’t have it both ways. We can’t criticize the NCAA and talk about how much of a joke they are, but then criticize the fact they finally got something right just because it was against us. Honest question: If we had already played UNC and they decided right before the ACC championship to allow him to play against the Noles would we still be upset? No, we’d probably be happy. We need to stop making excuses and actually stop the other team’s star instead of wishing he didn’t play.
I think cuse has more of a narrative than us. he played thew eek before. it wasn't like he was cleared the night before our game. fans just want to find every little thing to figure out why we lost but the obvious reasons (turnovers, lack of coaching adjustments, poor clock management and offensive game plan imo).

?What do you think?

I’ve thought that too. I suspect that if Miami was 5-0 going into UNC, that Walker would not have been cleared. Instead a 4-1 Canes squad that is now unlikely to make the playoffs gets its second loss to the Walker infused Tarheels. Now the ACC will likely have an undefeated FSU vs an undefeated UNC. Win for the conference.

Advertisement
I’ve thought that too. I suspect that if Miami was 5-0 going into UNC, that Walker would not have been cleared. Instead a 4-1 Canes squad that is now unlikely to make the playoffs gets its second loss to the Walker infused Tarheels. Now the ACC will likely have an undefeated FSU vs an undefeated UNC. Win for the conference.
he was cleared for the Cuse game the week before (we played at night against GT while Unc played earlier im pretty sure). how would the NCAA know miami would find a way to lose to a bad gt team before they cleared walker to play against Cuse. do you guys just run w a narrative bc we can't fathom that Maribro isnt a game day tactician. HE WAS CLEARED NO MATTER OUR RECORD. he wasn't playing in his first game. it was his second game

Advertisement
he was cleared for the Cuse game the week before (we played at night against GT while Unc played earlier im pretty sure). how would the NCAA know miami would find a way to lose to a bad gt team before they cleared walker to play against Cuse. do you guys just run w a narrative bc we can't fathom that Maribro isnt a game day tactician. HE WAS CLEARED NO MATTER OUR RECORD. he wasn't playing in his first game. it was his second game
Ah. Didn’t know that.

Imagine being a Canes fan and wanting to handicap the other team to win. We were more talented and less disciplined that's why we took a L. We tried making an example outta Keontra and it didn't work. We need to treat players like Kam the same. Not saying they need a full on benching but they need accountability. Football is about two things KYA and DYJ

Let’s keep it real:

1) The GT player che@ted at the end of the game. He knew Chaney was down but made a desperation rip at the ball after he was down & was probably thinking: “I can’t believe the refs actually fell for that.”

2) Looks very much to me like dem good ole Southern boys “bent” the rules at minimum re TW’s eligibility. After all, the NCAA did rule him ineligible after their first review. Magically, some additional info was then presented that changed their viewpoint. Does not feel right to me. Everyone should have to play by the same rules for the sport to have integrity.

None of the above changes the fact that we should have played more fundamentally sound football to beat both teams. They may want to consider changing the name of the conference to the Always Cheating Conference though. Can’t trust dem good ole boys. Just like when Southern Belles say “Bless you” (hint: it doesn’t really mean that)!
Let’s keep it real:

1) The GT player che@ted at the end of the game. He knew Chaney was down but made a desperation rip at the ball after he was down & was probably thinking: “I can’t believe the refs actually fell for that.”

Advertisement
Back