Does the voting committee learn a lesson?

Advertisement
I thought even if Mich or OSU were beastly u had to give it to Penn state period even if they sucked. The giant were a wildcarn at 9-7 people complained n said one n done and they won the Superbowl. Win ur conference should be automatic bid period even if u lucked into it

Then nobody would schedule hard OOC games....just play a bunch of scrubs and get ready for Conference....sounds like high school to me

Penn State looks good... Should not have been *. Need to win your conference?
Seems clear that if you don't at least play for your conference title, you shouldn't be eligible to be in the playoffs.

How does skipping the hardest game of the year make you qualified for a championhsip?

Advertisement
6 team playoff, 5 P5 teams & an at-large bid, 1 & 2 seeds get a bye... Just like the NFL.

8 team playoff would be awful.

Like it.
You know when the season starts YOU MUST WIN your conference to get in. No crying if you don't.
You're fortunate if you're chosen as the at-large.

I thought even if Mich or OSU were beastly u had to give it to Penn state period even if they sucked. The giant were a wildcarn at 9-7 people complained n said one n done and they won the Superbowl. Win ur conference should be automatic bid period even if u lucked into it

Then nobody would schedule hard OOC games....just play a bunch of scrubs and get ready for Conference....sounds like high school to me

To the contrary. Winning your conference doesn't guarantee a spot. But losing it should foreclose it. Out of conference games can only help in that equation. They don't harm you in conference. And they help position you relative to other teams from a SOS perspective.

That's where the at-large team(s) come-in.

A team giving up 52 points looks good? All those years Golden was here I thought crap defense was bad thing to have

Once again, someone spoke too soon.
I hear coaches are now monitoring CIS posts during games, hoping not to receive the CIS kiss of death.
Reports have come out that Franklin pulled his guys aside when they were up by 14 in the fourth. He just told his guys: "it's over....we got no shot".

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seems clear that if you don't at least play for your conference title, you shouldn't be eligible to be in the playoffs.

How does skipping the hardest game of the year make you qualified for a championhsip?

The conference championship isn't the hardest game of the year in many cases - for example, Alabama's toughest opponent was not Florida this year. Same for Clemson with Virginia Tech.

The year that all power 5 champions go undefeated and one gets snubbed is the year the playoffs get extended to more teams. Until then, the process as it stands currently is fine.

The conference championship isn't the hardest game of the year in many cases - for example, Alabama's toughest opponent was not Florida this year. Same for Clemson with Virginia Tech.
It's a game you'd expect to be the hardest or one of them going into every year. A d it comes at the end of the year so no chance to recover from a loss in the rankings. If the CC doesn't matter why even play in it? Lose in it and you're out.

Real issue is that the B1G was hailed as the best conference but they have been exposed in these bowl games. Wisky only top team to win and they played a group of 5 team in their bowl.

Last edited:
Advertisement
6 team playoff, 5 P5 teams & an at-large bid, 1 & 2 seeds get a bye... Just like the NFL.

8 team playoff would be awful.

This with the stipulation your a conference champion for the P5 and the at large be a Group of 5 (like to exclude BIG practice dummies the MAC, but too political to do it)

If your P5, you have your shot, win your conferance championship. OOC issue? Did you look at UDub's OOC? The CFP still selected them (yes, throwing a bone to the CFP enabler Mark Emmert was a factor, but not too much of one)

Group of 5? Play a lot of P5 OOC and winning your conference should matter (unless you are the MAC)

Advertisement
What difference does it make when one team is allowed to be run like a pro franchise and therefore wins just about every **** year?

Top 3 teams in ACC(3-0): FSU, Clem, VT, all won
Top 3 Teams in Big 10(0-3): Mich, OSU, Penn, all loss
Top 3 teams in SEC(2-1): Bama/UF won, Aub loss
Top 3 Teams in Pac 12(1-2): Colorado blown out, USC won
Top 3 Teams in Big 12(2-1): WV loss, Oklahoma/Okie State won

Big 10 is only conference without a win from their top 3 teams lol..Unless you want to count Wisconsin instead of Michigan...and they only beat Western Michigan.

Advertisement
Back