Does Rick resign?

Advertisement
Honestly I think he might die first. He looks ashen, tired. I really hate that man.

Advertisement
No chance...he represents everything this clueless and inept administration wanted....he'll keep the program clean and out of the news in terms of negative press. Any wins he accrues are just gravy.

If/when he leaves here...it will be totally under his own power.

Advertisement
Doesn't matter. Unless Saban, Harbaugh or Meyer come to coach, Miami is dead. Never winning the coastal or the ACC.

Hope you're being sarcastic. So many guys could win here. Richt will even get us competitive again. I just don't see titles under Richt, whereas I can name 10 coaches (that we could've hired) off the top of my head that could win a title at Miami.

Those 10 coaches would have to put in years of work recruiting first before winning a ring. Richt probably doesn't beat out Jimbo ,harbaugh, and Satan for many recruits in next three years. But year four the eighth graders he's been bringing around the program are the one's he gets. Simply by virtue of distance bama and other schools can't be on these middle schoolers with the exception of a handful they target early. Really, look at how schnelly built the program, he went into the inner city and got kids interested in playing for the hometown school and kids talked and got their friends to come. This is where all the community work you read about pays off. Guarantee you'll see Richt attending black churches with the parents of young prospects, and parents and pastors will want the kids to play for a guy they trust and who has been part of the community for years. Can't overstate the impression it makes on parents and young prospects when a multi millionaire White coach from a major college program sits in the pew next to them and sings gospel. Look, I know it sounds corny but it will be the topic of conversation for the church members and community for weeks. It is absolutely impossible for other schools up north to do the same since they just don't have the time to spend every Sunday visiting parents and going to church with them. We have to play the long game in recruiting to win the battles. Whether or not Richt is a genius gameday coach should be irrelevant once he stockpiles enough talent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Doesn't matter. Unless Saban, Harbaugh or Meyer come to coach, Miami is dead. Never winning the coastal or the ACC.

Hope you're being sarcastic. So many guys could win here. Richt will even get us competitive again. I just don't see titles under Richt, whereas I can name 10 coaches (that we could've hired) off the top of my head that could win a title at Miami.

Names please?

Is not one person going to comment on a team that does not quit?Full house packed with Notre Dame fans
and runoff 27 pts.This is a coach players are willing to lay everything on the line,not today or this year,maybe
not even next year but they will be back.
Equally important the U is backing it up with money!

Advertisement
Maybe there are two delusions in the board here. One is that Richt will get it done? The other is that any other head coach would have a meaningful impact on next year's team and record. Saban isn't winning the coastal here next year. Saban likely would be better than 4-4 at this point this year.
I am happy no one around these parts make any decisions for Miami football. For the nay sayers you all have been proven correct the past I don't know, 13 years. Someone asked in another thread, has anyone ever seen a scenario where a coach was fired from one job and then successful in the next? Okay let me ask a question. Has anyone ever seen a school fire its head coach mid season and then come back and fire the new head coach mid season and have success with the new coach? Would firing CMR at end of season get us any closer to winning in the near future?

Is CMR cancer or is he chemotherapy? Either way it sucks in the beginning doesn't it?

The other thing funny about the board is everything is black and white. I mean either CMR is great or he sux. Same for all involved. Real world isn't like that. Real world elite businesses do not fire folks when enough time hasn't been given to fix the problem.

Has CMR been a good HC this year? Has he had enough time to fix the problems? If you say No and yes respectively then I will agree fire CMR.

Advertisement
Back