Does Richt Make Any Coaching Changes This Off Season

Advertisement
Nobody actually needs to be fired, he just needs to add an official OC, whose main & only job is to call plays.

Also a guy with his own system not richts, not like he did with bobo i dont want that i want a complete overhaul

Didn't see this.

My thoughts exactly.

I concur as well... this scheme is an abomination. I want to see less RPO and 4 verticals ....and more slants, shallow crosses, digs, and rub routes.

My kingdom for an offense that attacks the middle of the field. Doesn't even have to be the deep middle....I'm fine with more short to intermediate routes. What we're currently witnessing is one of the worst constructed offensive schemes in the history of this program.

Nobody actually needs to be fired, he just needs to add an official OC, whose main & only job is to call plays.

Also a guy with his own system not richts, not like he did with bobo i dont want that i want a complete overhaul
I agree 100%...

I want TJ Weist or Sean Lewis.

Wow, I just read up on Lewis. Very impressive stuff. He's on my list now as well.

You could reconfigure the staff like this:

Lewis: Co-OC/QB
Brown: Co-OC/RB
JRicht: TE
Hartley: ST

Lewis would have complete control but Brown wouldn't lose his title. JRicht gets to stay on staff. Hartley can focus strictly on ST.

Last edited:
Lol

If only I had the energy to go find the threads where some of the same posters in this thread were certain that Mark Richt calling plays was the best news, ever!

His system from his FSU days was going to be unstoppable, y'all said.

We'll average 50, and we'll need to because Diaz is a terrible hire, y'all said.

Now, Richt is a bum calling plays and Diaz is da gawd?

As someone else posted ... Let's see how we finish the season before getting too solid in our "opinions".

Based on his history, he does fire assistants, so staff changes are certainly possible.

Not sure about his history of firing assistants in general but he was infamous for keeping Willie Martinez as DC way too long at UGA.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's as stubborn about firing Searles and Jon Richt as he was about firing Martinez.

Lol.

Richt is not firing his son.

Advertisement
Richt was a little pressed against the gun to make several hires in a short period of time. Imo, the only thought out hires were Kul, Diaz, Brown, and Dugans. I think Searels, Rumph, Hartley, and Banda were "no one else" is available hires (although, Rumph has been a pleasant surprise as a coach for the DBs). Do you think Richt makes any staff adjustments next year? Any rumblings or rumors for those who are a bit more connected to the program?

No.

I've always felt a staff should get a temporary pass for year one. Implementing new schemes when some guys don't fit and trying to change the culture takes time. That being said year two we better see improvement by leaps and bounds or heads need to roll.

Lol

If only I had the energy to go find the threads where some of the same posters in this thread were certain that Mark Richt calling plays was the best news, ever!

His system from his FSU days was going to be unstoppable, y'all said.

We'll average 50, and we'll need to because Diaz is a terrible hire, y'all said.

Now, Richt is a bum calling plays and Diaz is da gawd?

As someone else posted ... Let's see how we finish the season before getting too solid in our "opinions".

No kidding, but If you had the energy to do so, those who said whatever would just stick their head in the sand. Lots of know it all posters here who have zero credibility who never hold themselves accountable for what they've said in the past.

While a lot of fanboys were all high fiving and chest bumping about Right's success years ago, I said hold up. My reasoning....it was ancient history and the game has changed. People were quick to hurl inslults my way, as is par for the course for many of the children here. I took a wait and see approach and so far for various reasons, it appears to be a major work in progress with poor results so far.

Back to the original question though. No, there won't be any firings. It's possible a coach may leave for elsewhere, but that would be it. No offense, but dumb f'ing thread.

Advertisement
Whatever anyone says ...Nepotism is never a good idea especially in one of the the higher coaching assistant positions.
But then again, he learned from the best ..

Not making any changes after 1 year. Richt did say out his on mouth when he got the job that anybody not doing their job would be fired. I think he brings everybody back for year 2 but who knows after that.

Absent a big turn around on offense, if he brings his entire O staff back for second year, planes will fly before end of that year. Kul is his one great hire and Manny looks like a decent hire. The rest look like he could get real coaches so he hired them.

Do not think that Coach Richt gives a crap if planes fly, he will return whatever staff he believes helps him build a winner.

You, unfortunately, are probably right. That was Al's attitude too.

Brilliant thread. It's not even November and we are asking questions that not even Richt knows.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd love for John Lilly to replace Hartley.. Nothing personal. He just gives me the creeps. Also little Richt being demoted (bring on a passing game coordinator). Mirabal wouldn't be hard to poach if Searels doesn't work out.

So what do you think about the wiki leaks? How extensive is voter fraud? Is Trump really racist? Does it bother your Obamacare used to be known as Hillarycare? Is all of this Bush's fault?

Advertisement
Back