Does Richt Make Any Coaching Changes This Off Season

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
Richt was a little pressed against the gun to make several hires in a short period of time. Imo, the only thought out hires were Kul, Diaz, Brown, and Dugans. I think Searels, Rumph, Hartley, and Banda were "no one else" is available hires (although, Rumph has been a pleasant surprise as a coach for the DBs). Do you think Richt makes any staff adjustments next year? Any rumblings or rumors for those who are a bit more connected to the program?

Advertisement
It's October. While units are underperforming, do you really think you'll hear anything now?

I'm guessing Richt is a little more patient than "fans" on a Canes message board and will actually wait until the end of the season to evaluate performance. We still have a long way to go.

It's October. While units are underperforming, do you really think you'll hear anything now?

Ppl talk, period. ****, the NBA season barely started and you had anonymous tips about the Warriors playing like snitches last year from a "close source." That's what ppl do, they talk. Furthermore, I asked If anyone thought coaching changes would be made, which would imply YOUR OPINION.

Advertisement
Not making any changes after 1 year. Richt did say out his on mouth when he got the job that anybody not doing their job would be fired. I think he brings everybody back for year 2 but who knows after that.

Advertisement

Ppl talk, period. ****, the NBA season barely started and you had anonymous tips about the Warriors playing like snitches last year from a "close source." That's what ppl do, they talk. Furthermore, I asked If anyone thought coaching changes would be made, which would imply YOUR OPINION.

Any rumblings or rumors for those who are a bit more connected to the program?

I'm sorry, that does not look like you want someone's opinion. Do whatever the **** you want, I don't care, but I think it's a dumb question to ask now.

Advertisement
Hopefully he fires both Searles and Jon Richt. I still am appalled he gave his 25 year old son with no coaching experience and only FCS playing experience a job on his staff. Jeff Bowden at least was his his 40s when Bobby hired him not his 20s.

Advertisement
I get that people are frustrated with the offense, but despite the disappointment of the past few games, talk of staff changes is premature, no? I know it's not likely, but what happens if we win the next 6 games, including the bowl, so we finish 10-3, and in doing so, our offense starts to look much more efficient and effective? Are people really going to want staff changes at that point? I am concerned about our offensive scheme, playcalling, OL play, etc, just like many others, but if we were to finish this season strong and show improvement, why make changes?

Keeping an ineffective coach around too long is never a good idea, but stability when there is success is definitely preferable to constant changes in the coaching staff. I hope that we see Richt continue to improve and evolve as an OC as the season goes on so that there is no need for more staff changes.

Hopefully he fires both Searles and Jon Richt. I still am appalled he gave his 25 year old son with no coaching experience and only FCS playing experience a job on his staff. Jeff Bowden at least was his his 40s when Bobby hired him not his 20s.

I'm a big richt supporter but yeah, there's really no defending that. It's different if your a dominant program for years and have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to nepotism. No one would complain if Sabans son was on his staff.

But that's not the case, we can't waste a spot on the staff for a 25 year old who seems to have only gotten his previous jobs due to nepotism as well....it's ridiculous.

Advertisement
Back