Does Richt Make Any Coaching Changes This Off Season

It's October. While units are underperforming, do you really think you'll hear anything now?

Ppl talk, period. ****, the NBA season barely started and you had anonymous tips about the Warriors playing like snitches last year from a "close source." That's what ppl do, they talk. Furthermore, I asked If anyone thought coaching changes would be made, which would imply YOUR OPINION.

Any rumblings or rumors for those who are a bit more connected to the program?

I'm sorry, that does not look like you want someone's opinion. Do whatever the **** you want, I don't care, but I think it's a dumb question to ask now.

Are you close to the program? Then if not, mind your business. That question wasn't directed towards you. And for a person who doesn't care, you sure got a lot to say.

Advertisement
Richt was a little pressed against the gun to make several hires in a short period of time. Imo, the only thought out hires were Kul, Diaz, Brown, and Dugans. I think Searels, Rumph, Hartley, and Banda were "no one else" is available hires (although, Rumph has been a pleasant surprise as a coach for the DBs). Do you think Richt makes any staff adjustments next year? Any rumblings or rumors for those who are a bit more connected to the program?

I disagree with some of this. Diaz was jumping on the table for Banda from everything i read and was adamant he be on staff. It also seemed like Richt was very high on Hartley from his time at UGA. With Hartley, it seemed more of a matter of coaching position bc Richt REALLY wanted Lilly to come with him.

I also think Dugans was a backup plan to McClendon. Searles seemed to be stictly a comfort level guy....someone Richt worked with before. And for Rumph, it had to be a strategic thing.....comfort level from recruiting plus Miami ties and NFL experience.

Not making any changes after 1 year. Richt did say out his on mouth when he got the job that anybody not doing their job would be fired. I think he brings everybody back for year 2 but who knows after that.

Absent a big turn around on offense, if he brings his entire O staff back for second year, planes will fly before end of that year. Kul is his one great hire and Manny looks like a decent hire. The rest look like he could get real coaches so he hired them.

Not making any changes after 1 year. Richt did say out his on mouth when he got the job that anybody not doing their job would be fired. I think he brings everybody back for year 2 but who knows after that.

Absent a big turn around on offense, if he brings his entire O staff back for second year, planes will fly before end of that year. Kul is his one great hire and Manny looks like a decent hire. The rest look like he could get real coaches so he hired them.

Do not think that Coach Richt gives a crap if planes fly, he will return whatever staff he believes helps him build a winner.

It's October. While units are underperforming, do you really think you'll hear anything now?

Ppl talk, period. ****, the NBA season barely started and you had anonymous tips about the Warriors playing like snitches last year from a "close source." That's what ppl do, they talk. Furthermore, I asked If anyone thought coaching changes would be made, which would imply YOUR OPINION.

I'm sorry, that does not look like you want someone's opinion. Do whatever the **** you want, I don't care, but I think it's a dumb question to ask now.

Are you close to the program? Then if not, mind your business. That question wasn't directed towards you. And for a person who doesn't care, you sure got a lot to say.

I'm closer than Matt Porter

Last edited:
Advertisement
Richt was a little pressed against the gun to make several hires in a short period of time. Imo, the only thought out hires were Kul, Diaz, Brown, and Dugans. I think Searels, Rumph, Hartley, and Banda were "no one else" is available hires (although, Rumph has been a pleasant surprise as a coach for the DBs). Do you think Richt makes any staff adjustments next year? Any rumblings or rumors for those who are a bit more connected to the program?

I disagree with some of this. Diaz was jumping on the table for Banda from everything i read and was adamant he be on staff. It also seemed like Richt was very high on Hartley from his time at UGA. With Hartley, it seemed more of a matter of coaching position bc Richt REALLY wanted Lilly to come with him.

I also think Dugans was a backup plan to McClendon. Searles seemed to be stictly a comfort level guy....someone Richt worked with before. And for Rumph, it had to be a strategic thing.....comfort level from recruiting plus Miami ties and NFL experience.

Not sure about the others but Diaz was at best Richt's 2nd choice for DC after Aranda. (Who hasn't done very well so far at LSU lol.) Searles was actually one of Richt's most popular hires. (Along with Kool.)

Sometimes things don't go as expected. Diaz has been a pleasant surprise while Searles has been a massive disappointment.

Last edited:
Based on his history, he does fire assistants, so staff changes are certainly possible.

Not sure about his history of firing assistants in general but he was infamous for keeping Willie Martinez as DC way too long at UGA.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's as stubborn about firing Searles and Jon Richt as he was about firing Martinez.

Last edited:
No, but then again my team was coached by Golden for 5 years so that's what I know.

Advertisement
I wouldn't be surprised if he kept everyone. Coaches are confident people and they tend to think that if things aren't working they can fix them. I think he'll give everyone more time, but what do I know?

Saban fired some assistants including his OC after laying an egg his 1st year at Bama. The Tide went from 7-6 (including the La Monroe game) to 12-2.

I'm closer than Matt Porter

Touche. Lol

Advertisement
Nobody actually needs to be fired, he just needs to add an official OC, whose main & only job is to call plays.

Advertisement
If he doesn't hire a dedicated OC banners will be flying in the near future. No ifs, ands, or buts...he needs to give up play calling duties.

Nobody actually needs to be fired, he just needs to add an official OC, whose main & only job is to call plays.

I'd go further than that. He needs to let his OC create the scheme as well.

I'm not convinced Richt's scheme can be successful, even with someone else calling the plays.

Advertisement
Back