Does Golden get a pass if we beat FSU?

Some of you are nuts. Beating fsu is a huge step for this program not only because it's fsu which is obvious but because it's the number 2 team in the country and they are the hot program in Florida. No it doesn't erase the other losses but it's a major step in the right direction. If they run the table after that they would be able to sell that to recruits and close the recruiting cycle strong.

Nobody is debating that it would be a major step in the right direction. Beating FSU doesn't give you a pass when you still don't win the ACC, or even your division, though.

Advertisement
As much as I want a new HC (mostly because I hate dorito), he will get a pass unless they stumble hard down the stretch. Administration will give him a pass because they are playing a true freshman at qb and see the promise that Kaaya has and would want this staff building upon what he has done so far. If only the team was playing like this from the beginning....

I don't know about a pass, but if this Miami bunch, with it's goofy coaching staff, with a patchwork offensive line, freshmans QB, and a handful of guys on defense whose names I don't even know beat the defending National Champions, I may break a leg climbing back on the bandwagon as it rolls by. This one is big.

WTACCCOGTFO - thought that was the slogan for 2014? I will be crazy happy if we beat F$U, and it will be a start, but more work to be done after F$U

Some of you are nuts. Beating fsu is a huge step for this program not only because it's fsu which is obvious but because it's the number 2 team in the country and they are the hot program in Florida. No it doesn't erase the other losses but it's a major step in the right direction. If they run the table after that they would be able to sell that to recruits and close the recruiting cycle strong.

Nobody is debating that it would be a major step in the right direction. Beating FSU doesn't give you a pass when you still don't win the ACC, or even your division, though.

Golden uses a term "trending up" aka improvement.

It isn't trending up to have a 5-3 record in the ACC (3 years in a row).

It isn't trending up to not win the Coastal.

It isn't trending up to not win 10 games before the bowl game.

This game, due to early losses, is EXTREMELY important to show we're "trending up." Unfortunately he needs to win against FSU and win out because of the early losses. 2 weeks to prepare, game is at home...show us we're "trending up."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back