Off-Topic Does God actually exist?

And I could include multiple votes for a few extra quan. Service, its hard to find good people these days. lol

Advertisement
No, and the fact so many people in this country use made up stories about a big man in the sky to justify a way of living is not only disgusting but hilarious.

got news for you... since no one was around at the beginning all you have is a narrative. Even Science has its own made up story about the "warm little pond" scenario and complex life just popping into existence out of basic chemistry. How hilarious that is is simply a matter of one's perspective.

got news for you... since no one was around at the beginning all you have is a narrative. Even Science has its own made up story about the "warm little pond" scenario and complex life just popping into existence out of basic chemistry. How hilarious that is is simply a matter of one's perspective.
How'd the pond get there?

He exists.

Is currently a coach in the Mavs organization.

Close thread.

But repent first.

Screenshot_20220802-131330_Google.jpg

Advertisement
How'd the pond get there?

and that is not even the start of it... the argument from Fine Tuning I think is one of the better arguments for Theism. A life permitting universe would be a very, very rare occurrence by chance alone. And the current universe is the only one we can observe and looks to have had an absolute beginning.

Advertisement
The universe if full of fortunate goldilocks-perfection to support life - from quantum forces to earth's moon. As far as primordial soup goes, we have no explanation for how basic, primitive ingredients came together to build the the amino acids, nucleic acids etc to become the precursors for life. Whatever you believe, the jury is still out...

Advertisement
The universe if full of fortunate goldilocks-perfection to support life - from quantum forces to earth's moon. As far as primordial soup goes, we have no explanation for how basic, primitive ingredients came together to build the the amino acids, nucleic acids etc to become the precursors for life. Whatever you believe, the jury is still out...

Well, if you do believe our universe is the only one, instead of a metaphysical multiverse, it would be an almost impossible stroke of luck to have the universe we do have. While the jury may still be out I’d rather take a theistic argument to a jury in any court of law under beyond reasonable doubt standards as opposed to what seems an almost incredible naturalistic argument.

Well, if you do believe our universe is the only one, instead of a metaphysical multiverse, it would be an almost impossible stroke of luck to have the universe we do have. While the jury may still be out I’d rather take a theistic argument to a jury in any court of law under beyond reasonable doubt standards as opposed to what seems an almost incredible naturalistic argument.
Absolutely. With my limited intuition, it seems an infinite many-worlds reality would be required for the law of averages to spawn our 'perfect universe', and then amazingly spawn life's precursors. IMO that belief is no more fantastical than intelligent design.

James Tour, in the video above describes how complicated the basic components of life are. Complicated enough that we can not even begin to create them in a lab - but somehow they were 'created' in the primordial soup randomly.

Last edited:
Absolutely. With my limited intuition, it seems an infinite many-worlds reality would be required for the law of averages to spawn our 'perfect universe', and then amazingly spawn life's precursors. IMO that belief is no more fantastical than intelligent design.

James Tour, in the video above describes how complicated the basic components of life are. Complicated enough that we can not even begin to create them in a lab - but somehow they were 'created' in the primordial soup randomly.

Agreed. In my opinion it takes even more faith to believe in the multiverse or to believe that something can come from nothing, or that the universe created itself. Or that mind can come from the mindless, purpose from purposeless , life from the lifeless, etc.

Advertisement
Agreed. In my opinion it takes even more faith to believe in the multiverse or to believe that something can come from nothing, or that the universe created itself. Or that mind can come from the mindless, purpose from purposeless , life from the lifeless, etc.
The probability argument...

The probability argument...

there are multiple arguments one can draw from so it is not a one trick pony:

1. The cosmological argument (i.e. fine tuning which is a form of probability argument)
2. Ontological argument
3. Moral argument
4. Resurrection of Jesus (historical analysis of origins of Christian beliefs)
5. Religious experience (one's own personal interaction)

Not all necessarily in order of importance but one can make a cumulative case using all these or develop a case by taking a deep dive into any of the above.
These are not proofs, of course. They are all probabilistic in nature. These are just cases one can make using some evidences and also be within the bounds of rational argumentation.

Advertisement
Back