Off-Topic Does God actually exist?

Advertisement

Notice they didn't let their voters vote on it.

And these religious fanatic politicians seeking to force their viewpoints on their constituencies NEVER will

Because it would have failed BIGTIME!! ......just as it did in Kansas

AND

Just as it will EVERYWHERE else it's voted on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Notice they didn't let their voters vote on it.

And these religious fanatic politicians seeking to force their viewpoints on their constituencies NEVER will

Because it would have failed BIGTIME!! ......just as it did in Kansas

Will Indiana be on a see saw now, every few years people are voted out and then in to change their choice laws?

Voters aren't smart enough to have that responsibility if you believe some on here.
Do you understand how democracy works? Voters voted their representatives in office. They pass a bill. Voters can vote them out of office next time if unhappy.

And yes I am concerned that some of the mouth breathers (not necessarily you) on here vote. It’s why our country is in such a deep **** mess right now.

Advertisement
Do you understand how democracy works? Voters voted their representatives in office. They pass a bill. Voters can vote them out of office next time if unhappy.

And yes I am concerned that some of the mouth breathers (not necessarily you) on here vote. It’s why our country is in such a deep **** mess right now.
I agree completely. Think about how a tiny minority of people that are Due East politically, have been inflamed and manipulated to believe even more fairy tales. They want a religious state where Jesus is King. Funny he declined that action when he was here before;)

I agree completely. Think about how a tiny minority of people that are Due East politically, have been inflamed and manipulated to believe even more fairy tales. They want a religious state where Jesus is King. Funny he declined that action when he was here before;)

As opposed to worshipping the Climate god or we face Armageddon in 10 years? Who voted those apostles and prophets of doom into office? They are destroying this country as we speak but yet you are terrified of a very small minority not even in power? Don’t tell me your screen fogs up every time you porst! Thought you were better than that.

Of course I understand how democracy works. I was replying to what another poster had mentioned about what would have happened if the public had the ability to vote on the issue in Indiana. I was simply stating what others have opined on here (and now apparently you share that view).

And as you know, some referenda are actually passed based on public and popular vote. By the way, there are plenty on the other side who I am sure would use the "mouth breather" term to define those on the right as well (you may not want to delve too deeply into the education demographics by party).

It's funny how democracy seems to only get passing grades nowadays depending upon what the results are (from both sides).

Of course I understand how democracy works. I was replying to what another poster had mentioned about what would have happened if the public had the ability to vote on the issue in Indiana. I was simply stating what others have opined on here (and now apparently you share that view).

And as you know, some referenda are actually passed based on public and popular vote. By the way, there are plenty on the other side who I am sure would use the "mouth breather" term to define those on the right as well (you may not want to delve too deeply into the education demographics by party).

It's funny how democracy seems to only get passing grades nowadays depending upon what the results are (from both sides).

Reading that bill it seems pretty in line in terms of what most people would like to see with its standard abortion exceptions. I don’t see an issue with voters there who obviously voted in a conservative legislative body.

I would also suspect those legislators had access to polls and perhaps town halls to get the pulse of their constituents. This is how it is supposed to work and the opposite of executive and judicial fiat that the left seems to favor nowadays since their policies don’t have much public traction.

And speaking of referenda, it’s coming in all likelihood in a big red wave. People are fed up with this woke garbage and gross ineptitude currently on display. It is embarrassing. I recall the Carter years though I was a youth and the current national malaise is pretty reminiscent of that time. Reagan then changed all that.

I can at least say I did not vote in this garbage. Some of you posting now did. I can accept a mistake and admission. But some of you are still doubling down on stupid. Maybe you need a time out this time around.

Advertisement
Reading that bill it seems pretty in line in terms of what most people would like to see with its standard abortion exceptions. I don’t see an issue with voters there who obviously voted in a conservative legislative body.

I would also suspect those legislators had access to polls and perhaps town halls to get the pulse of their constituents. This is how it is supposed to work and the opposite of executive and judicial fiat that the left seems to favor nowadays since their policies don’t have much public traction.

And speaking of referenda, it’s coming in all likelihood in a big red wave. People are fed up with this woke garbage and gross ineptitude currently on display. It is embarrassing. I recall the Carter years though I was a youth and the current national malaise is pretty reminiscent of that time. Reagan then changed all that.

I can at least say I did not vote in this garbage. Some of you posting now did. I can accept a mistake and admission. But some of you are still doubling down on stupid. Maybe you need a time out this time around.
Most people are talking about having up to 15 weeks to make a decision on abortion. I'm not sure what polls you are looking at. The new law provides exceptions for when the life of the mother is at risk and for fatal fetal anomalies, up to 20 weeks post-fertilization. After 20 weeks, the mother has to take the baby to term even if it risks the life of the mother?

Obviously, you think the left's view on abortion has public traction since you stated you were against leaving the decision to the voters directly as many of them are "mouth breathers" because they have a differing view than you do.

For your state of mind, I hope the elections go in your favor the next time around. I agree there was a malaise going on for about 6 months now.

However, I for one am hopeful that this good past week is a harbinger of better days ahead (Head of Al Qaeda axed, 7 straight weeks of gas price declines, CHIPS bill passed, over twice as many jobs added in July than expected, 3.5% unemployment rate, US uninsured rate at an all time low, and now the Inflation Act soon to be passed with lower drug prices to come (including insulin cap) and action on climate change).

Most people are talking about having up to 15 weeks to make a decision on abortion. I'm not sure what polls you are looking at. The new law provides exceptions for when the life of the mother is at risk and for fatal fetal anomalies, up to 20 weeks post-fertilization. After 20 weeks, the mother has to take the baby to term even if it risks the life of the mother?

Obviously, you think the left's view on abortion has public traction since you stated you were against leaving the decision to the voters directly as many of them are "mouth breathers" because they have a differing view than you do.

For your state of mind, I hope the elections go in your favor the next time around. I agree there was a malaise going on for about 6 months now.

However, I for one am hopeful that this good past week is a harbinger of better days ahead (Head of Al Qaeda axed, 7 straight weeks of gas price declines, CHIPS bill passed, over twice as many jobs added in July than expected, 3.5% unemployment rate, US uninsured rate at an all time low, and now the Inflation Act soon to be passed with lower drug prices to come (including insulin cap) and action on climate change).

Not sure how those polls are worded. If asked are you ok with abortion for "any reason" up to 15 weeks I wonder if that would change the numbers? Maybe there is a poll out there.

I do think most people are against abortion "on demand". And you may find within that group differences in how many weeks to allow.

Obviously, the bill in question removes the "on demand" criteria. That's it. Though I think the bill doesn't go far enough, imo for reasons I have already have argued ad nauseum, this seems like a compromise which in a democratic republic you live with.

And, yes, the typical voter is stupid. They are misinformed (as constantly exposed on here), easily led, and manipulated. If you want evidence of this just look at who is currently in office and has political power. And despite the sorry state the country is in you still have about 30% that think we are heading in a good direction and would apparently still vote this admin back in power? LOL

And dude, no jobs have been "added". These are job openings being filled again as we continue to recover from the pandemic. Wake up. The economy is NOT growing. We are in recession. We have apparent stagflation. You don't "add" jobs in those conditions!

And to add another tax and spend bill in a recession is worthy of "mouth breather" status. The only way out of the mess this admin has got us in is to STOP spending money we don't have! Raise interest rates making it expensive to borrow, and deregulate the energy industry which is currently choking the economy to death.

And whoopey doo, another terrorist killed. Yet we are trying to work out a nuclear deal with the main sponsor of terrorism in the ME using RUSSIA as a mediator? You got to be kidding me! This is a perfect example of being misinformed and being misled.

Cant drink all day if you don't start early huh?
Sadly those were not early starts . . . those were no sleep let's keep pounding beers early am times. The good news I am happy to report is that I had a Brewsters Millions Cigar moment.

Advertisement

LOL
Sorry I didn't know that OPs had the ability to totally control what others posted on their threads as someone said

If you're a Fascist, that's awesome!! No more disagreements.

Last edited:
This is the question humans have been asking themselves for centuries, and we still have no exact answer to that. But we all will find it out one day.
It’s a matter of personal choice and attitude. I believe humans were granted free will, and we can choose what we want to believe in and how. I attend one of the churches Portland, and I find the message they spread comforting. I’m not a devoted Christian, but I like this religion and choose to believe God does exist. Again, I don’t know how to prove that to you, and I think I don’t want to. You just have to decide this for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back