Does FSU getting treated like a group of 5 school hurt our recruiting?

This right here.

To everyone who is saying 'what is the point if the season doesn't matter', no one is saying it doesn't we are just saying that other factors should be considered as well. Otherwise why is there even a committee and you could just come up with tie-breaker rules for who gets selected.

Next year the playoff expands to 12 teams and any team that wins a P5 conference is going to get in anyway, but since this year only 4 can get in, the committee needs to make the tough decision of who are the best teams and one of the factors is 'unavailability of key players' of which they have been able to see the impact of for 2 games. If Travis was hurt over the summer instead, missed the first game but came back the 2nd and won every game after that, then I think that would be fair to take into consideration for why they should get in. There are 130+ teams, the answer with a 4 team playoff cannot be simply 'best record'.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
1701640985812.jpeg

Advertisement
They cheat TheU year in and year out.. we should not feel sorry for no school that feels they're cheated

Advertisement
I know it to be true for a fact.
Welp if you know it for a fact guess I can’t argue.

Congrats to the South Carolina and Mississippi State’s of the world for definitely recruiting based on their program and not coat-tailing on their conference’s rep.

Welp if you know it for a fact guess I can’t argue.

Congrats to the South Carolina and Mississippi State’s of the world for definitely recruiting based on their program and not coat-tailing on their conference’s rep.
Coat-tailing doesn't prove that there is conference recruiting, it proves that teams at the bottom of conferences use whatever narrative they can to help them recruit.

How many top 10-15 classes have lower tierd programs landed simply by proxy of being in a P5? The answer is 0.

If conference recruiting were a thing, then Maryland & Wisconsin would benefit from B1G's rep, but yet they don't.

What you're talking is PERCEPTION.

They cheat TheU year in and year out.. we should not feel sorry for no school that feels they're cheated
My question wasn't meant to show any sympathy for FSU in fact I still remember 2000 quite vividly and leaving them out is a helluva payback. It was a question about the current impact of this on recruiting to the ACC (and specifically to us) as the ACC champion was treated as a group of 5 school which may give a recruit the perception you can't get to the playoff on an ACC team. Of course going to a 12 team playoff should eliminate this. In any case this will be answered in 17 days.

Advertisement
My question wasn't meant to show any sympathy for FSU in fact I still remember 2000 quite vividly and leaving them out is a helluva payback. It was a question about the current impact of this on recruiting to the ACC (and specifically to us) as the ACC champion was treated as a group of 5 school which may give a recruit the perception you can't get to the playoff on an ACC team. Of course going to a 12 team playoff should eliminate this. In any case this will be answered in 17 days.
The reason the SEC hates expansion is it is going to expose them. They’ve always been top heavy but the advertising by the NCAA and ESPN has made them immortal

Your question is built on a false premise. Clemson (last I checked, an ACC school) has 6 CFP appearances.

It's also an absurd question, but explaining all the reasons why would be just as absurd an exercise.

No.

They got left out because their offense looked completely different without Travis, and they looked bad against subpar teams. Had they lit up UF they’d be in. Also, they’ve looked suspect all year long.
Alabama looked worse against Auburn than New Mexico State the week before. Oh, and that was with their starting QB.

Advertisement
Back