Does D’Eriq King have a chance to get drafted as a QB

sitzee

Freshman
Does King have any chance of being drafted as a QB? And if not, would he come back for another year of college ball and try to to prove he belongs in the NFL as a QB?

Advertisement
Yes, he does. But probably as a mid-late round gadget player who comes in a few plays a game for some trickeration and serves as a backup. I could see him backing up Russell Wilson or some situation like that.

Advertisement
Yes, he does. But probably as a mid-late round gadget player who comes in a few plays a game for some trickeration and serves as a backup. I could see him backing up Russell Wilson or some situation like that.
Russell Wilson/Height

5′ 11″

Image result for russell wilson height

I read that King is at best 5-9.

Those -3 inches are very difficult to overcome in the NFL where defensive players all average over 6.

Down side is he's like 23/24 years old and is projecting as a slot receiver.

Upside is next year heisman is wide open, no other stud qbs that I can think of (lawrence and osu qb will be gone) and I think overall we return alot and should be better offensively. The OLine and receivers should be better which should make his numbers be better and maybe people think he has a shot to be a QB?

Advertisement
We heard about a dozen times tyesterday that King wanted to come to Miami to win a championship. We've also heard he's set on playing quarterback. It's not impossible to see him coming back to further his goals.

Advertisement
His inaccuracy on deep balls outside the hashes and inability to effectively work the middle of the field due to his height would make me pass on him, personally.

The windows in the NFL are TIGHT. I don’t think King is accurate enough to make a squad at QB.

I think his best chance is to stay another year and put up some ridiculous stats. The Oline should be better plus I think he needed this year to knock the rust off seeing how he sat out the entire year basically last year. Give him two years of great qb play and he will definitely increase his draft stock.

Advertisement
His inaccuracy on deep balls outside the hashes and inability to effectively work the middle of the field due to his height would make me pass on him, personally.

The windows in the NFL are TIGHT. I don’t think King is accurate enough to make a squad at QB.
While I rail about how inaccurate King is, does anyone have a gif/tweet of the dime he dropped to Wiggins on the sideline? I haven’t seen anyone mention that throw. What a thing of beauty.

As stated in another thread I think he should stay.
He could play himself into a 1st rounder in 2022.
This year there's just way too many QBs ahead of him.

Advertisement
Back