Does Culture Flowe from Geography?

It’s probably been said, but please please roll out the red carpet for Rohan Marley to be in attendance the entire weekend of Flowe’s official visit. Give them alone time so that Rohan can explain to Flowe what it exactly means and feels like to be a Cane and run through that smoke. Flowe loves Rohan Marley.
I loved Marley. That man must’ve been playing linebacker at close to Trajan Bandy’s size.

Advertisement
Question

What is considered Culturally the South?

Would you consider Virginia the South? How about Texas and Oklahoma? What about Missouri, Kentucky, West Virginia?

Anyone care to answer?

Last edited:
Seems like legit interest although his quote comes off more like he’s talking about the City of Miami not necessarily how he feels about UM.

and what is wrong with that? It is a package deal

It’s probably been said, but please please roll out the red carpet for Rohan Marley to be in attendance the entire weekend of Flowe’s official visit. Give them alone time so that Rohan can explain to Flowe what it exactly means and feels like to be a Cane and run through that smoke. Flowe loves Rohan Marley.

He could have hung out with Marley was at Paradise camp this summer.

Advertisement
There was a report that came out last year that talking about Dade County schools are some of the most segregated in the country.

Is that not southern enough for you?

LA, Baltimore, DC, Detroit, Buffalo and Chicago are all other cities where there is a high rate of segregation and I would not consider any of those places southern.

View attachment 89699

Former south kendall eagles, miami palmetto grads, nascar fans, fishermen, hunters, airboaters, gatorchasers, and frog giggers.

grandparents from scotland, west virginia, north carolina.

Whether it is the majority or minority Country is countrywide including Miami

Well........ Yes........... Homestead is probably the last bastion of "Southern" in Dade County. Also, the people living in the Everglades actually call themselves "crackers", but these type of people are as rare as a white tiger in Miami.

Advertisement
Well........ Yes........... Homestead is probably the last bastion of "Southern" in Dade County. Also, the people living in the Everglades actually call themselves "crackers", but these type of people are as rare as a white tiger in Miami.

Miami is culturally like Puerto Rico. Both are technically part of the United States, but Spanish is the dominant language so both places are really more latin american than usa.

Honestly Puerto Rico and Miami should just become their own Caribbean countries. Neither really belong in the US imo

Miami is culturally like Puerto Rico. Both are technically part of the United States, but Spanish is the dominant language so both places are really more latin american than usa.

Honestly Puerto Rico and Miami should just become their own Caribbean countries. Neither really belong in the US imo

I have always considered most of the USA to really be more British than anything else, since the dominant language is English. Honestly, the USA and the UK should just become their own transatlantic country. Neither really belongs in North America imo.

I have always considered most of the USA to really be more British than anything else, since the dominant language is English. Honestly, the USA and the UK should just become their own transatlantic country. Neither really belongs in North America imo.

Language is what makes a people. Language makes culture. You know someone is “southern” because of their dialect and accent.

People who sound alike do so because they talk to one another. Ideas are shared, and cultures are formed.

English is not the dominant language in Miami, just like Puerto Rico. So you have these places that are territorially part of the US, but not culturally. Half the people in these places can’t communicate with the rest of the country. So they are more linked to Latin America

Colonial Americans made it a point to speak with a different accent than the british loyalists and have different meanings for words. Very different cultures at present day.

Thats like saying Mexico and Puerto Rico are the same because they both speak spanish

Advertisement
Language is what makes a people. Language makes culture. You know someone is “southern” because of their dialect and accent.

People who sound alike do so because they talk to one another. Ideas are shared, and cultures are formed.

English is not the dominant language in Miami, just like Puerto Rico. So you have these places that are territorially part of the US, but not culturally. Half the people in these places can’t communicate with the rest of the country. So they are more linked to Latin America
Language is a part of culture. Culture is the expectations of the world around you, ie behavior, attitude, milestones with language being one of them. Just because people speak different languages doesnt mean they arent a part of the same culture.

Colonial Americans made it a point to speak with a different accent than the british loyalists and have different meanings for words. Very different cultures at present day.

Thats like saying Mexico and Puerto Rico are the same because they both speak spanish

Sarcasm and mockery are often missed in any written format, but considering I was writing in a parallel writing style to the buffoonery I was responding to, I honestly would have thought you'd have picked up on it.

Advertisement

Primary language, not "dominant" language.
Be careful, your bigotry is showing.

Advertisement
Back