Do you want to win the coastal and Play Clemson?

Do you want to play Clemson?

• Yes

Votes: 192 86.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 13.1%

• Total voters
People can say things like don't be scared blah blah blah. I care about what is best for the program and it is much better to end the season in a 5 game winning streak and go into off season on a very high note. People gotta remember the early signing period in december and we dont want the last thing recruits see is us getting our head pounded in by Clemson 42-28 ( as i think that is what it would be ) and we want momentum going into the offseason. So No . **** no.

What I want is to win out . We don't do that playing Clemson though they aren't what they have been they still are much better then us.

Advertisement
Even losing to Clemson, they can still end the year on a positive with a win in the bowl game. Regardless, big game experience will help down the road.
If the signing period wasn't in mid December I would say sure . But we need the recruits to have a good taste in their mouth and feel positive .

Advertisement

“ Perhaps the most realistic scenario would be Pittsburgh beating North Carolina and Virginia Tech, and Virginia Tech losing to Wake Forest but beating Virginia. That would tick all the boxes and seems realistic. If that were to happen and the Canes beat Louisville and Duke, they win a 3-team tiebreaker over Pitt and Virginia. You want a cold does of reality? There is a 0.496% chance of that "realistic" scenario happening according to ESPN's FPI.”

/ It was over after GT

// we need to win out and beat the **** out of whatever big12 or sec we get matched up against. That’s the most realistic scenario
Agree it was over when we lost to GT. I get that we're not mathematically eliminated, but we ain't making it to Charlotte. If we hit one of those 3 FGs vs GT or don't allow a 4th and 17 conversion at UNC, we are almost surely in the ACCCG. ******* boils my blood still.

People can say things like don't be scared blah blah blah. I care about what is best for the program and it is much better to end the season in a 5 game winning streak and go into off season on a very high note. People gotta remember the early signing period in december and we dont want the last thing recruits see is us getting our head pounded in by Clemson 42-28 ( as i think that is what it would be ) and we want momentum going into the offseason. So No . **** no.

What I want is to win out . We don't do that playing Clemson though they aren't what they have been they still are much better then us.

So it's better to watch UNC get pounded and have the recruit ask why we lost to UNC?

Advertisement
It wasn't about math. Ever. Re-read the original post. And then read your first few responses. It only became a "math" thing when you realized that you blew it.

My original post:

“ Win 5 straight going into early signing day

We lost to three scrubs and don’t deserve to be in acccg”

I’ve never waivered. We wont be in acccg. We don’t deserve to be. We need to win out

// I look forward to more of your blathering in this thread

Last edited:
My thoughts are that some people are too soft to accept difficult challenges, especially when the odds are stacked against them. That's why 99% of society takes the path of least resistance.

Our goal should be to play Clemson, no matter what the outcome is going to be.

LOL. This post is mockable in so many different ways I'm not even sure where to start. I'm overwhelmed with indecision.

Advertisement
My original post:

“ Win 5 straight going into early signing day

We lost to three scrubs and don’t deserve to be in acccg

I’ve never waivered. We wont be in acccg. We don’t deserve to be. We need to win out

// I look forward to more of your blathering in this thread

You just proved my point, thank you. You started out with a silly claim that we don't deserve to be there. You never made any claim about "math" until you were taking the loss.

Advertisement
What we need to happen to make it to the ACCCG

- UNC to lose one more game. They face Pitt and NCST. The latter is an automatic W, I'd say they also beat pitt.
- Pitt to lose one more game. Faces UNC, VT and BC. Guaranteed to lose one of those games.
- Virginia to lose one more game. Faces GT and VT. Beats GT and is a toss up in the VT game. That series is always unpredictable.
- VT to lose TWO more games. Faces Wake, Pitt, GT, and UVA. They will lose against Wake this week. If they beat Pitt and GT, and UVA beats GT, we are out no matter the outcome.

Translation -- NO ACCCG. We in fact probably finish 4th.

Let's all thank N'Kosi for losing us the GT game and our shot at playing big boy football in December!
no, Kosi wasn't Tom Brady in the playoffs, but I don't remember him missing 29 tackles, 3 FG's and blowing punt coverage

This would be the year to play Clemson. Maybe not our year but they are beatable in the trenches.

Advertisement
Back