Do you think Butch is kicking himself?

LOL. No one will forget what Butch built under some of the worst sanctions to date

I totally agree. The first few years were rough but he finally had us pointed in the right direction as he left. Coker won the 01 NC w/ Davis's recruits. You notice how bad our seasons went after Davis's recruits started drying up and Coker's recruits came in? I will always be forever grateful for what Davis did to rebuild (temporarily) our program.

Advertisement
LOL. No one will forget what Butch built under some of the worst sanctions to date

I totally agree. The first few years were rough but he finally had us pointed in the right direction as he left. Coker won the 01 NC w/ Davis's recruits. You notice how bad our seasons went after Davis's recruits started drying up and Coker's recruits came in? I will always be forever grateful for what Davis did to rebuild (temporarily) our program.

Exactly. He recruited and developed the GOAT team without even being able to field a full scout team or scrimmages. The haters love to say say he didn't win championships and couldn't coach but I would argue the 2000 team was better than 01 after the Washington loss, that's coaching. If the computers didn't ***** him, we would've crushed Oklahoma and he would've won 3 straight titles and probably more. The players he recruited and developed coached themselves to the 01 title.

Absolutely... Same with Howard S. as well .... But I've said 1000 times and will continue to say .. "If Butch never left Miami, there would never be a Nick Saban and Alabama " .... Early 2000 UM teams were so much more dominant in every aspect of the game it'll never be duplicated again ...... But **** happens ... We have Mark Richt now and National Titles will come

No Saban and no return of SEC. Butch would had found way to lose titles, just like JJ did, but The U would have been a mountain in the way of anyone trying to stake a claim on college football. We win 1 out of every 3 with everyone else sharing the other two -- USC, FSU, OSU and SEC.

Advertisement
Back