Do you need mood modifiers to enjoy sports ?

In the.old days when I went to UM, you had to be drunk to watch those teams because they were as bad or worse than some of Radio’s and Golden’s horrors.

Advertisement
I try to stay off the hard alcohol before games because mixed with a good smoke I've been known to dose off right before kickoff or tipoff. Mainly its all beer now(If 4 Lokos are actually beer).

I usually drink but only get buzzed and I’m sober by the end of the game. I did have one game where I got to the point I don’t remember the game or outcome and that was the Louisville bowl game. Not gonna lie I think the drinking gods were taking care of me that day.

Advertisement
I am 38 now but when I was younger I drank and smoked and took pills during games like crazy . Dont remember alot of them now sadly and I won't even talk about UW game in 2001 LOL . But I gave up drinking and all intoxicants beyond what I am prescribed by my doctor 4-5 years ago and I enjoy games much more now . But to each their own , if you want to drink or smoke or shoot H before a game more power to ya . Just dont be an *** and endanger someone else.

2001 UW was an all-timer. I remember firing empty pocket-size bottles of Jack at the UW players as they entered the tunnel at halftime. The fans were letting them have it too, laying it on thick with the insults and profanity. Great times.

2001 UW was an all-timer. I remember firing empty pocket-size bottles of Jack at the UW players as they entered the tunnel at halftime. The fans were letting them have it too, laying it on thick with the insults and profanity. Great times.
Pelting 18 year old kids with liquor bottles? You must be the crown jewel of the family

Advertisement
I took a girl to the Miami/Washington game in 2001 and she got so drunk it made ME quit drinking. At least at public events and heavily. She was so drunk by kickoff she was butchering the national anthem. I told her to stop singing and she said, "Everyone else is!" I said, "Yeah, but they didn't sing, 'Jose Cuervo sing, by LaDawn's burly side.'"
Dude, she was just singing the fourth verse first. Got them out of order. That's all. Could have happened to anybody.

So with all you guys have seen over the years,I'm sure you now know that time I told you all in the old OB urinals lines all lumber stalls the same out the door and couple guys yelled out LOUD HEY DUDES lookie here (3) open ****ers and I saw three 3 foot streams of **** flowing into the sinks.

GOCANES
Everybody ****ed in the sinks at our Rose Bowl game.

Advertisement
There is a middle aged woman, season ticket holder, in my row who just staggers (sometimes with help) back and forth to/from the bathroom all game, every damned game.
She should just get a catheter and a bag. Anyone suggest that to her?

I enjoy them both ways. I stay sober when I’m with the kids. I’m a maniac without them.
What I will say is if it wasn’t for the drunk rowdy fans...there’s no way in **** UM wins 10 games last season. The sober people that just sit down all game aren’t getting the players amped up or screaming so loud the opposing offense can’t hear the play calls. A stadium full of drunk obnoxious fans is always better fort the team than the suit and ties ala Wake Forest types. ****, Richt himself even flat out says he appreciates the fans that “tailgate” prior to the games.

Advertisement
At the Notre Dame game, I was at the 'official tailgate party' about three hours before kickoff. One of the positives of that is the official tailgate has unlimited free alcohol drinks.

I paid $35 to enter.

I probably drank $70 worth of beverages by stadium prices.

I wasnt sloppy at kickoff (food was free too), but I was fired up. That was a special occasion though.

In general, at home I drink a few beers or a few mixed beverages at home. Nothing in excess. Just enough to loosen up a little after driving 70 hrs a week in a semi truck.

Dont NEED alcohol, but I enjoy a bit of it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back