Do you need mood modifiers to enjoy sports ?

Depends on whether we're winning or not TBH... LOL

I drank A LOT during the Golden and Shannon years

Last year I did a lot better

Advertisement
Just like at the games, it’s pretty clear there are some people here that can’t handle their intake of mood enhancers. Don’t do it if you can’t handle it.

At the Notre Dame game this past year, there was this dude with a beard that sat near me in the club section.

I’m going to say he was in his late thirties, maybe forties, with a good sized beard. I had never seen him before. Not wearing any colors. Really didn’t pay attention but I think he was there with a couple of other people.

Anyway, barely noticed him, but wasn’t doing much cheering, kind of staring off into space sort of glassy eyed the one time I noticed.

Sometime right after halftime, dude)s just sitting there, and like it’s nothing, just starts spewing into his beard. INTO HIS FŪCKING BEARD. I almost puked myself when I saw that shlt..

And then he just sits there for a minute until the guy next to him tells him to leave. People cleared out of his way, I’ll tell you that.

He was probably a hipster. Those guys ruined beards for normal people.

Just a plain question , I'm not for or against drinking at games or at home it's everyone's free choice.

Question:
Do you need alcohol or any other mood modifiers to enjoy sports ?

My own answer:
NO , for years I did till slowly I was doing things out of character thinking more fun if partaking more ( was a power drinker) , till people saying wow you really were messed up at last weeks game and getting home forgetting things about the game when asked by family , the sleepless nights drinking out of bathroom sink faucet , I saw I was missing the fun and big play highlights in conversation had to watch highlights to see the game I just went to the day before in person seemed wierd.

Finally cutting all that out enjoyed tailgating and focusing on the game flow and plays more just being myself., any way your thoughts on this please.

GOCANES
When I was younger I drank like a fish... it was my mood enhancer of choice. Coke made me grind my teeth, saw it as a waist of money.
Hindsight, drinking too much is a waist. I would spend too much time in the bathroom ****ing and would miss parts of the games. If I would get plastered the game was a blur... good thing I would record all Canes games to see all I missed.
Also, nice ladies don't like drunks, sooner or later alcohol becomes a problem. Stay sober or drink in moderation when dating.
And here's a secret that would work for me... if you get really drunk smoke a doobie... it used to help straighten me up enough to be able to drive home. However, designated drivers or taxis are much safer!

The start of my pregame C-A-N-E-S chant
5c0.png

Advertisement
I've actually never had a drink at a Miami game, games not involving Miami sure, but only a few.
The inability of "adults" to handle their alcohol consumption is something that never fails to amuse me.

I prefer to smoke right after I get parked then I knock back a few beers nothing crazy and eat, then burn again right before we head in makes the walk in great. Usually buy one or two beers inside as well. Typically I do a better job of pacing myself when at the game because I know it’s gonna be a long day and car rides do not agree well with me if I’m really drunk.

The hardest thing about drinking at games is breaking the friggin seal. Once that happens, the floodgates are open and you miss a lot of the game and have to listen to Zacrappy in the ******* anyway 🤮. It’s all about the depends!!!

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Just like at the games, it’s pretty clear there are some people here that can’t handle their intake of mood enhancers. Don’t do it if you can’t handle it.

At the Notre Dame game this past year, there was this dude with a beard that sat near me in the club section.

I’m going to say he was in his late thirties, maybe forties, with a good sized beard. I had never seen him before. Not wearing any colors. Really didn’t pay attention but I think he was there with a couple of other people.

Anyway, barely noticed him, but wasn’t doing much cheering, kind of staring off into space sort of glassy eyed the one time I noticed.

Sometime right after halftime, dude)s just sitting there, and like it’s nothing, just starts spewing into his beard. INTO HIS FŪCKING BEARD. I almost puked myself when I saw that shlt..

And then he just sits there for a minute until the guy next to him tells him to leave. People cleared out of his way, I’ll tell you that.

There is a middle aged woman, season ticket holder, in my row who just staggers (sometimes with help) back and forth to/from the bathroom all game, every damned game.

There is a middle aged woman, season ticket holder, in my row who just staggers (sometimes with help) back and forth to/from the bathroom all game, every damned game.

I hate the fūcking people that keep getting up and down all game. You just want to dope slap them after a while.

I’ll never forget, the Clemson game a few years ago at home when Randy was coach, there where these 2 Clemson chicks that were going to the bathroom every five minutes.

I was already in a bad mood, and these bimbos were making it even worse. I don’t know if they were on their periods, doing lines or whatever, but that shlt got old after about the tenth time.

Pretty sure there's alot of saturday games around the country that you can't even purchase alcohol in the stadium. Gotta take advantage of it. Those VT and ND games don't have that atmosphere without a little bit of juice.

Advertisement
I took a girl to the Miami/Washington game in 2001 and she got so drunk it made ME quit drinking. At least at public events and heavily. She was so drunk by kickoff she was butchering the national anthem. I told her to stop singing and she said, "Everyone else is!" I said, "Yeah, but they didn't sing, 'Jose Cuervo sing, by LaDawn's burly side.'"

Dang, I think I took her mother to a game in tally in the 80s. Blonde?

Advertisement
I went to I THINK the FSU game awhile back drank YACK , JACK and CROWN I'm told , got home the wife said how was the game all I could muster was GREAT went to my room tried to find ESPN to see some high lights of what I went to see, next day still ripped all day , never did it again.

The next weeks game ,I was asked how do you feel. GEEEZ..a week later. That was my last drink of anything 8 years ago.

GOCANES

Hey, your okay until you get home and it’s someone else’s wife at the door. Then you have a problem.

I am 38 now but when I was younger I drank and smoked and took pills during games like crazy . Dont remember alot of them now sadly and I won't even talk about UW game in 2001 LOL . But I gave up drinking and all intoxicants beyond what I am prescribed by my doctor 4-5 years ago and I enjoy games much more now . But to each their own , if you want to drink or smoke or shoot H before a game more power to ya . Just dont be an *** and endanger someone else.

Whatever

If you have to hurl, put your cotdam head between your cotdam legs and spew that shlt on the ground in the space between your legs.

Be polite!

Advertisement
Back