Do We Want Anybody From West Virginia?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm catholic & could care less. It's called not being a ***** & letting words hurt you. Everyone should try it.
I think the Catholic part is the least of his issues.
I just find it interesting that grown people are still using the word f*g.
And the interviewer makes a comment about transgender night?
I could care less about some local radio interview in Cinici, but these guys seems like they are stuck in 1992 (when we all used these terms fairly liberally).

What a dumb interview.

I could care less about some local radio interview in Cinici, but these guys seems like they are stuck in 1992 (when we all used these terms fairly liberally).

What a dumb interview.
I think Huggins actually may have been drunk (although he does sound like that normally) and/or for some reason thought they were off the air.

But your larger point stands, this just sounded like a collection of doddering idiots and I say that as a Catholic that wasn't offended at all by this and someone that probably still engages in "meathead" conversations with friends.

Last edited:
I think Huggins actually may have been drunk (although he does sound like that normally) and/or for some reason thought they were off the air.

But your larger point stands, this just sounded like a collection of doddering idiots and I say that as a Catholic that wasn't offended at all by this and someone that probably still engages in "meathead" conversations with friends.
I had not considered your first point t but that does make sense. Huggins is a lot of things but he’s not stupid and he knows that to offend 2 groups, Catholics and homosexuals in 1 slur is just stupid and it was completely unnecessary for the conversation. But the interviewer has no excuse other than being a typical local radio ******* who thinks he is funnier than he really is.

Funny thing about your last comment was when my 20 year old son recently met some of my high school friends I warned him in advance that he would probably hear words like f*g because we used to say that word, typically without much thought or maliciousness. But being drunk is sometimes the case when things we ordinarily say in private are said publicly.

Advertisement
I had not considered your first point t but that does make sense. Huggins is a lot of things but he’s not stupid and he knows that to offend 2 groups, Catholics and homosexuals in 1 slur is just stupid and it was completely unnecessary for the conversation. But the interviewer has no excuse other than being a typical local radio ******* who thinks he is funnier than he really is.

Funny thing about your last comment was when my 20 year old son recently met some of my high school friends I warned him in advance that he would probably hear words like f*g because we used to say that word, typically without much thought or maliciousness. But being drunk is sometimes the case when things we ordinarily say in private are said publicly.
Agree completely. The host is Bill Cunningham. He's been on the air for like 100 years in Ohio and none of this is really surprising based on his track record but he too isn't a moron as I believe he's still a practicing attorney.

I know we might too often default to "Imagine if this was Miami" but imagine if it was L or even Mario. L would probably have a ton of people vouching for his character or maybe just citing age but I guarantee it would have more legs as a national story- disirregardless of how people feel personally about the language.

Can't help thinking with Huggy that alcohol might well have involved.
It definitely sounded like it. I saw him a few years ago at the airport in Orlando. Dude was flying Spirit to some airport in Pennsylvania (I think Latrobe) and wearing giant sweatpants. That alone is either a sign of or justification for boozing.

Agree completely. The host is Bill Cunningham. He's been on the air for like 100 years in Ohio and none of this is really surprising based on his track record but he too isn't a moron as I believe he's still a practicing attorney.

I know we might too often default to "Imagine if this was Miami" but imagine if it was L or even Mario. L would probably have a ton of people vouching for his character or maybe just citing age but I guarantee it would have more legs as a national story- disirregardless of how people feel personally about the language.

I was with you until the bolded part.

There’s a lot of overlap in a Venn diagram that includes morons and practicing lawyers. Sadly.

Advertisement
I was with you until the bolded part.

There’s a lot of overlap in a Venn diagram that includes morons and practicing lawyers. Sadly.
Hahaha. I was actually thinking that as I typed it. I should've said he's not a slackjawed inbred that has no actual comprehension of boundaries or decorum BUT that he's is moronic/craven enough to not care.

I was gonna say the bold

Advertisement
It definitely sounded like it. I saw him a few years ago at the airport in Orlando. Dude was flying Spirit to some airport in Pennsylvania (I think Latrobe) and wearing giant sweatpants. That alone is either a sign of or justification for boozing.
At 70 years old and pushing 4 bills, sot or not, sweatpants or overalls are probably his only 2 choices. But, yeah, either way, I doubt he stuck out much on a Spirit flight to Western Pa.

What a dumb interview.
It’s 2023 saying horrible stuff about Christianity is celebrated by the msm. His issue will be the other one. They’re called the alphabet mafia for a reason.

It’s 2023 saying horrible stuff about Christianity is celebrated by the msm. His issue will be the other one. They’re called the alphabet mafia for a reason.

one Side stuffs it down your throat basically making you think youre not worthy if youre not a bible believer and the other crucifies it (I am not christian) but there is no middle w anything including leaving religion where it belongs (to the person and their own inner beliefs. no one needs it to be megaphoned whether good or bad).

Advertisement
Back