Do we really want our QBs Hit?

Fisher did it last year when there was a QB battle. I think it's smart when you have more than 1 option look for someone to separate themselves. Doesn't mean he has to do full contact every scrimmage. I have no problem with this, it also helps our D tackle a person who will actually try to avoid them. There were a hand full of times our D missed on sacks it's different when you have someone really trying to escape instead of just saying oh he got sacked

Advertisement
If your QB can't handle a slight thump in practice he won't be ready for live action on the road against tough ACC opponents.

This is Football, unless you're a Punter or Kicker, you need to be able handle a little contact.

**** yea , they need to play real football , plus they are playing to hold the clipboard anyway , its Perry's job

in all honesty , they need to compete vs eachother (offense vs defense).. thats what being a miami hurricane is about . let them be dogs , play football , as michael irvin said , his best plays were in practice.

Advertisement
Hitting the QB in practice prepares the QB for taking even bigger hits during a game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Absolutely. It will help them get use to it. It will help coaches evaluate them. It will help the Oline by forcing them to protect them against some mad dog Dlinemen and one crazy Dline coach. Plus we actually have more than one QB now.

How long has it been no contact for the QB? Did Randy run it like that too or just golden? Can't remember.

Obviously the focus here is on the QB but maybe this helps the OL as well?

A little extra motivation for them knowing this **** is for real.

Advertisement
Not sure why OP was downvoted based on this post. Yes, hit them (don't injure them) and find out who rises to the occasion.

May the best QB win the battle.

It'll be controlled hitting, nothing below the waist or kill shots, so that the staff can better see how well the QB's handle passing under pressure, ball protection, their running ability and pocket awareness. On the flip side it will also show who on defense are maintaining the their rush lanes and containment. Lots of benefits to allowing our QB's to get a real test like the Pros do with preseason games. When's the last time a starting pro qb been seriously injured in their 1-2 qtrs of preseason ball? It's a contact sport not a china shop.

Advertisement
If one of these guys can compete and avoid our D then they earn the right to be QB1, this is the best way to get separation and a baller instead of a practice guy. Should be a win for the whole team, our O-line needs to know that our savage D wants to eat and has the green light. Up until now they knew that if they miss an assignment it was okay because no one is going to kill our QB wearing a non contact jersey. Very pumped about this coaching staff!

Fisher did it last year when there was a QB battle. I think it's smart when you have more than 1 option look for someone to separate themselves. Doesn't mean he has to do full contact every scrimmage. I have no problem with this, it also helps our D tackle a person who will actually try to avoid them. There were a hand full of times our D missed on sacks it's different when you have someone really trying to escape instead of just saying oh he got sacked

I think Dabo does it at Clemson too.

Yes. Some kids thrive under pressure, some kids fold. We need to see who is who.

Kyle Wright, Robert Marve and Brad Kaaya all performed significantly worse in live ball when pressured. I remember when Jacory just stayed on the ground after a Va Tech sack, like he wasn't able to handle the pounding any more. Meanwhile, we hit Winston and Francois with everything we had, and they shook it off to win the game (with a lot of help from D Cook).

Jesu Christo, I'm the last guy to give the Tally clowns any credit but if Kaaya had shown a percentage of the toughness and ability to rebound and perform that effing Francois showed that game then his current draft stock would be astronomically higher. We smacked the **** out of that kid that day. Thought for sure we were gonna knock his *** out of the game.

When he came back in after Norton sledgehammered him into the ground, I knew FSU had found their QB. Kaaya was a tough **** out there with that tooth. But his rhythm was off at the outset of the game after that first blind-side sack...

The harder our defense pounds the crap out of our 3 contenders, the better. We have no franchise QB to protect, we need a franchise QB to EMERGE. The only way you get that is trial by fire. When Lawrence Taylor is blitzing downhill, do they play like Tony Eason or Steve Grogan?

Last edited:

I think Dabo does it at Clemson too.

Yeah and like it or not they both know a thing about QBs

Advertisement
Back