Do we really want our QBs Hit?

does not need to be every practice or every scrimmage but it does need to be done to really see what you have when the bullets fly for real

Advertisement
Fisher did it last year when there was a QB battle. I think it's smart when you have more than 1 option look for someone to separate themselves. Doesn't mean he has to do full contact every scrimmage. I have no problem with this, it also helps our D tackle a person who will actually try to avoid them. There were a hand full of times our D missed on sacks it's different when you have someone really trying to escape instead of just saying oh he got sacked

i read that article brock posted and some other guy report on it and it said he has done it ever year he's been the head corch

As long as it's managed appropriately, it's fine. I'm sure our coaches will use an abundance of common sense. As someone mentioned previously, nothing below the waist, especially nothing around the knees. That's the main thing. Obviously, no helmet to helmet.

Yes. Some kids thrive under pressure, some kids fold. We need to see who is who.

Kyle Wright, Robert Marve and Brad Kaaya all performed significantly worse in live ball when pressured. I remember when Jacory just stayed on the ground after a Va Tech sack, like he wasn't able to handle the pounding any more. Meanwhile, we hit Winston and Francois with everything we had, and they shook it off to win the game (with a lot of help from D Cook).

Jesu Christo, I'm the last guy to give the Tally clowns any credit but if Kaaya had shown a percentage of the toughness and ability to rebound and perform that effing Francois showed that game then his current draft stock would be astronomically higher. We smacked the **** out of that kid that day. Thought for sure we were gonna knock his *** out of the game.

When he came back in after Norton sledgehammered him into the ground, I knew FSU had found their QB. Kaaya was a tough **** out there with that tooth. But his rhythm was off at the outset of the game after that first blind-side sack...

The harder our defense pounds the crap out of our 3 contenders, the better. We have no franchise QB to protect, we need a franchise QB to EMERGE. The only way you get that is trial by fire. When Lawrence Taylor is blitzing downhill, do they play like Tony Eason or Steve Grogan?

[MENTION=2485]grover[/MENTION], you like the Pats?

Saying Kaaya isnt tough? Didn't he just survive three years of one of the worst OLs in recent memory? How many drives did he miss bc of injury?

....and we are really going to compare him to Kyle Wright + Robert Marve?!

If whoever wins the QB job this year has a freshman season like Kaaya's freshman season (or Soph or Junior), then we will be in the conversation for a national title.

Marve and Wright....goodness

Advertisement
Love the idea and honestly, its been too long. Practice should always be harder than games at Miami...

Saying Kaaya isnt tough? Didn't he just survive three years of one of the worst OLs in recent memory? How many drives did he miss bc of injury?

....and we are really going to compare him to Kyle Wright + Robert Marve?!

If whoever wins the QB job this year has a freshman season like Kaaya's freshman season (or Soph or Junior), then we will be in the conversation for a national title.

Marve and Wright....goodness

Wasn't it Kaaya that got one shot macro'd against Clemson? Lulz at questioning kaayas toughness.. he was limited and didnt meet people's expectations but to say or suggest he wasnt tough is ridiculous.. I think if he were soft, his coach and teammates would be the first to notice and would have opted for some one else as to lead them on the field.. anyway, since there is no clear cut starter, YES, throw them all into the fiery pit

@grover, you like the Pats?

Not particularly. I don't really follow a pro team anymore. Stuck living in Boston right now so the Pats are top of mind. I was a huge LT fan growing up, and that Super Bowl always stuck with me on how a defense can unhinge a QB's confidence.

@grover, you like the Pats?

Not particularly. I don't really follow a pro team anymore. Stuck living in Boston right now so the Pats are top of mind. I was a huge LT fan growing up, and that Super Bowl always stuck with me on how a defense can unhinge a QB's confidence.

The only Superbowls LT played in were against the Broncos and Bills. The Pats Eason/Grogan superbowl was against the Bears in 85.

Advertisement
Do you want the defense to tackle? Do you want the oline to block? Do you want the receivers to run their routs right and catch the ball? Do you want the kickers to kick the ball? The Christlike thing to do would be to "Do unto the practices, as you would unto the games themselves."

It was a suicide mission for Allison. It's one thing to go live with the first string o line but completely different behind our second string. Our second string d line is light years ahead of our second string o line

It was a suicide mission for Allison. It's one thing to go live with the first string o line but completely different behind our second string. Our second string d line is light years ahead of our second string o line

Capt. Jack approves of this message.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back