Do we really have the talent?

Advertisement
My take on this is we need the talent on the O-Line and D-Line. We always seem to want the RB and WR's, but always seem to forget about the most important part of a team, and that is the line of scrimmage. Getting these s called stud skill players has gotten us know where. I would rather have a stellar lie and have someone like a Gus run big and hard behind there instead of worrying about 40 times, and their HS highlight reels. Get the line of scrimmage down first, and then go after the big time skill payers.

4 star or no I don't give a ****. We have 10 projected draft picks. 2nd most in the whole country. **** stars

Be care OP I got banned for asking the same question.... The 10 PROJECTED draft picks are these guys only hope....

Advertisement
Be care OP I got banned for asking the same question.... The 10 PROJECTED draft picks are these guys only hope....

I think I'm one of "these guys"...the realists who want to win and are sick of ******* excuses. You must be one of the other guys...Al Golden's ***** boys who want to build Penn State South and take pride in bull**** moral victories.

No you re not realistic at all.... Because if you were you would see that we dont have a roster of talent .... Name the dominate players? How many have performed on a weekly basis? Sure we have enough talent to win more then 6 but obliviously not enough to beat teams decisively and play games a full 4 quarters .....and miss me with the internet thugging, your name calling doesnt mean nothing on line ............

We have more than enough taken to be at least 8-4. At this point just get me to Charlotte, not Shreveport

Where is the middle ground? Miami has talent to have a season like GT. And once your in the title game u can pull a upset. Golden has never upset any teams. He loses when they are even comparable and now getting trounced by PITT and UVA. The only reason these clowns are saying we don't have talent is because they wanna blame the cloud or Randy. More deflection from Golden crew. 6-6 no excuses. Period

Advertisement
You're forgetting the part about South Florida kids ROUTINELY out performing their recruiting ranking. I'm not going into the list, because you already know the examples.

The reality is that we, with like 2 or 3 bounces in our direction, had FSU dead to rights this year. We didn't lose because of talent.

We didn't lose to Louisiville, Nebraska, GT, etc because of talent.

We probably aren't talented enough to run the table, which you have to do out of the ACC to win a national title.

But we have enough talent to be in the Top 10 conversation. Ole Miss is not more talented than us. TCU is not more talented than us. Michigan State is not more talented than us.

And we would only strengthen our position if a greater percentage of the "head nodder" class filler kids we took were the underrated South Florida / State of Miami kids like Tony Jones...

We did lose the Louisville game because of talent. Did you not see there D over the last two years.. Man for man better than ours.. We are better than them and everybody else defensively in one spot.. MLB Perryman ..

Doesn't this completely go against your stupid argument since we have more "blue-chippers" than Louisville.

You're forgetting the part about South Florida kids ROUTINELY out performing their recruiting ranking. I'm not going into the list, because you already know the examples.

The reality is that we, with like 2 or 3 bounces in our direction, had FSU dead to rights this year. We didn't lose because of talent.

We probably aren't talented enough to run the table, which you have to do out of the ACC to win a national title.

But we have enough talent to be in the Top 10 conversation. Ole Miss is not more talented than us. TCU is not more talented than us. Michigan State is not more talented than us.

And we would only strengthen our position if a greater percentage of the "head nodder" class filler kids we took were the underrated South Florida / State of Miami kids like Tony Jones...
We lost to FSU because of talent, sorry. Ramsey, Winston, Cook were the difference.

I'm not saying we are not under performing based on our talent. Just saying that it's not good enough.

Not entirely true. First half, Coley was in front of FSU's defense and their staff was one play behind. Halftime adjustments got them one play in front and Coley never got back in front. Their offense had bad day but Al's defense is a stationary target, so eventually Cook and Winston had their way. Noles have slightly better talent but vastly superior coaching. We never got top rate recruiting classes but had better coaching and kids with more "want".

We did lose the Louisville game because of talent. Did you not see there D over the last two years.. Man for man better than ours.. We are better than them and everybody else defensively in one spot.. MLB Perryman ..

Doesn't this completely go against your stupid argument since we have more "blue-chippers" than Louisville.

We have perceived Blue-Chippers. let's just start with defense.. Perryman's a baller.. who else would you call a Blue-Chipper or played like one. Holliman leads ACC in interceptions.. at Safety who do we have. They have Gaines (at Corner) and we have??? We recruited Keith Brown and he went to Louisville, Lorenzo Mauldin is better than any rush LB we have PERIOD. Bryant Dubose is better than Chick, James Burgess is better than Armbrister, Terell Floyd and Holliman better than our pair of safeties..

We maybe more talented on offense but that's minimized cause we were forced to go with a Freshman QB. But again isnt defense our problem. So to my point L-ville is more talented than we are (defensively)

Advertisement
We have the talent to at least at the worst. Win 9-10 games a season. Underperformance is an understatement at this point.

Advertisement
Back