Do we have enough talent to win the Coastal?

Advertisement
Pulp Fiction GIF

Why is Pitt rated that highly?
Lazy ranking.
Most do it.
10-12 of those teams will not even finished ranked.

I'd give them the 17,18, or 19 spot, though.
That's typically reserved for the perceived second best team in the ACC.

Advertisement
We should win it in 2022 because we SHOULD have won it in 2021 with a bum as HC and DC.

While I feel very good about our new HC & the rest of the recent coaching additions, I think we have some major holes that need to be filled via the Portal:

1) DE: we added some great young talent (Kelly & Moss) in this latest class & our Sophomores may emerge but we were very "light in the ***" on pass rushing threats last year. Are the younger players ready to contribute in a big way? I think we still need more experienced pass-rushing threats via the Portal that are ready to make an impact this year.

2) LB: Again, overall some young & fairly unproven talent (to date at the CFB level). Another area where more additions via the Portal are necessary. We need solid D1 thumpers that tackle well. As an aside, I do think Steele will improve the toughness & tackling of the D overall but I don't think that alone (as improved as it will be) will be enough without additional experienced talent for Steele to work with.

3) CB: Need via the Portal.

4) OL: Need via the Portal.

QB: we're elite. TEs: should have a great year between TVD & the emphasis Gattis places on TEs in his offense. WR: If Ladson really delivers big this year, we should have a very good group as Key Smith & the Sophomores should really start emerging. RBs: will be a strong group, if healthy. Should really eat this year with better blocking schemes & greater physicality displayed by the team. ST: Set at Punter & Kicker. As an aside, Special Teams should also benefit from better coaching this year....thank you baby ***** that P@tke is no longer working his magic on ST. :)

The direction the program is heading in is tremendous. Mario totally gets it & couldn't be more invested. He will bring us back to elite status (it's just a matter of how long it takes).

I believe we have to go the MSU route from last year (heavy upgrades via the Portal to our current talent) to win the Coastal & compete at a high level with Clemson in the ACC Championship Game. It's probably a big reason why Mario brought in one of MSU's Portal assistants.

Advertisement
Back