Do we finish Top 10 in the 2019 recruiting rankings?

Gooner#44

Recruit
Banned
We were 19 last I looked but if we add Bogle, MAR, Tyrique, Neal, McIntosh, a few more we should slide into the lower half of the Top 10.

Advertisement
I'd expect to get a bump up the rankings during the season as several of our players move from 3* to 4*. I think a lot of us agree that we have at least 4-5 players that should move up as the season goes on. Add to that a few key commits and we're sitting in the top 10

Advertisement
If we get Neal and Stevenson and still finish outside the top 10 it is still a success. If we finish outside the w/o those guys its a failure. Hard to believe we are struggling to be in the top 10 with the season we just had.

For those on this board with actual connections to currently or recently recruited players, how important is/was it to them to join top 5 or 10 rated recruiting classes?

Note, I am not starting a thread to ask how important it IS to get top 5 or 10 recruiting classes.

Advertisement
With our strategy of locking down South Florida, I 100% doubt we will ever actually be top 5 in the recruiting rankings. No matter what, with this recruiting strategy we're going to be getting quite a bit of 3 stars that are underrated. Thats just how it is.

When we start getting ALL the elite south Florida targets, thats when we will get a top 5 class. However thats extremely difficult to do when EVERY top school comes here to get the elite talent.

Now, will we finish top 10? Probably. Top 15? Definitely. Does it matter? No.

Advertisement
I'd expect to get a bump up the rankings during the season as several of our players move from 3* to 4*. I think a lot of us agree that we have at least 4-5 players that should move up as the season goes on. Add to that a few key commits and we're sitting in the top 10
That’s not gonna happen at the scale that ppl on here expect.

Advertisement
I think that the big difference right now is that teams above us have already hit on most of their top targets while we haven’t. However top 10 is definitely posible.

Richt has never finished below 12 and his average is somewhere around 7 or 8. So my answer would be yes.

Advertisement
Back