Do not try to tell me that Miami is a rebuild...

Posting this video, not to glorify Saban or Bama, but to highlight what’s involved in culture. When @SWFLHurricane gave first hand testimonial about the rigors of the battles at home (practice), former players attesting that practice was harder than game time, all of that have to be re-established. It’s been “Paradise U” for a minute, & the practices have been as such.

When it gets to a point where a 5 star kid is like “oh ish; what did I sign up for?” again, then I’ll feel we hit a corner, and that’s not happening yr 1, imo. Guys have to be re-conditioned both mentally & physically what it means to rep this U.

Bama is the standard. **** the hate. If you a hater at GREATNESS, especially as a Miami fan, then your just projecting the hate we got/get for winning..and yea. Bama has a environment of self accountability with its vastly talented roster. That’s culture that’s been built since 09/10..new team, new faces, even new method..the main thing remains the main this..it’s a process over results standard..and if your not with that your weeded out no matter your baseline talent.

Advertisement
We will be stronger at the end of the year than the beginning.

I think we smoke whoever we play in the bowl unless TVD opts out.

If we make the ACC title game, we WILL win it. Nobody outside the top 5 should scare us except for teams with a great oline that can take advantage of us not having a nose tackle.

But those same teams have to stop TVD with a month of preparation. Good luck with that.
Besides TAMU we have a bunch of cupcakes to beat up on for our team to mesh. I think we should easily make the ACCCG.

It’s the first time in awhile where I see the schedule and can identify some big chance losses, but not much else. I think this should be a 10-2 team. We lose to A&M and Clemson, but I don’t see where the other L is coming on the schedule.

UNC is starting with a new QB and they lost some guys from last year. Game is also in Miami. Duke absolutely sucks and we’ve beat them by a combined score of 95-10 over the past two years. We beat Tech pretty bad last year and that roster isn’t much better. Virginia has a good QB but not much else on that roster. GT lost their star RB and, again, there’s not much on that roster. That’s a game we should’ve put away early last year but Manny Diaz was going to Manny Diaz it. FSU is our main rival and in a rivalry game anything can happen. However, they needed a 4th down miracle last year to beat a terrible Manny Diaz defense. Game is also in Miami and they straight up blow. Then there’s Pitt. Pickett is gone, along with some major talent on their line, and their new QB sucks.

10-2 should be the expectation. 9-3 should be the minimum (assuming we blow a game allá Manny style). 8-4 would be a massive failure with this schedule.
Exactly 100%. Even Clemson looks beatable with DJ at QB, but I am not going to write them off. Even TAMU, if you listen to the porsters here. We should run it up on them. "Terrible corch". "overated players" "never will go above 8-4" etc. In all seriousness though, I agree with everything you said. 10-2 regular season should be expected. A manny style loss to take us to 9 would be a big disappointment and 8 wins is a total failure.

Exactly 100%. Even Clemson looks beatable with DJ at QB, but I am not going to write them off. Even TAMU, if you listen to the porsters here. We should run it up on them. "Terrible corch". "overated players" "never will go above 8-4" etc. In all seriousness though, I agree with everything you said. 10-2 regular season should be expected. A manny style loss to take us to 9 would be a big disappointment and 8 wins is a total failure.
I respect your viewpoint but completely disagree. 10-2 is the ceiling in my opinion. We do not have any difference makers on defense yet and are way too thin in too many places. The front 7 especially is concerning. What good is an explosive offense if your defense can’t get off the field or get a stop to give your offense the ball?

Yes, we were really close to 8+ wins even last year but and this is a huge but… PAST PERFORMANCE IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE RESULTS! Period.

If we get the injury bug (god willing we don’t) the offense can also easily no longer be explosive either.

We don’t have the horses on defense, are too thin on defense, we have the horses on offense but in my opinion too thin on offense (OL).

8-4 is the expectation with 7 wins being a big disappointment. 9-3 can be obtainable and 10-2 is a big happy surprise.

I respect your viewpoint but completely disagree. 10-2 is the ceiling in my opinion. We do not have any difference makers on defense yet and are way too thin in too many places. The front 7 especially is concerning. What good is an explosive offense if your defense can’t get off the field or get a stop to give your offense the ball?

Yes, we were really close to 8+ wins even last year but and this is a huge but… PAST PERFORMANCE IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE RESULTS! Period.

If we get the injury bug (god willing we don’t) the offense can also easily no longer be explosive either.

We don’t have the horses on defense, are too thin on defense, we have the horses on offense but in my opinion too thin on offense (OL).

8-4 is the expectation with 7 wins being a big disappointment. 9-3 can be obtainable and 10-2 is a big happy surprise.
Who are the difference makers on offense for Gt, DUke, UVA, Pitt, UNC, FSU, Bethune cookman, Southern miss, Middle Tenn, and Va Tech that are going going to out perform our offense? If we played in the B1g or the SEC I would agree with you, but with this schedule even our "thin" defense, we are much better than the 10 teams listed above.

Advertisement
6 wins is our floor. You're already setting expectations such that a reasonable year will seem a failure. The truth is that if a coach can do better in his first year than the previous year, that's a win. Sure, Mario is a wizard and all that, but there's still a culture of laziness and entitlement to overcome as well as a problematic roster to fix. ****, people are raving about how he doesn't let the kids loaf around at practice. That's like the easiest thing in the world, yet our coaches haven't done it and we think it's amazing. That's where we're at.

Put it this way, for at least 10 years one of my goals at the start of every season has been to see Miami look like they belong in a game with a top teas and with one exception I've been disappointed. This sh*t isn't nearly as easy as you think.
These are the keys. Yes i want us to look like we belong against top teams and compete but I also want us to look like we belong against ******* Duke, GT, and finally beat both Virginia teams on the regular.

We have more talent always, can we please finally show that we have more talent?

It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better one day, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.
The might be true, the problem was Manny didn't tend to the O-line which better be a rebuild.

Who are the difference makers on offense for Gt, DUke, UVA, Pitt, UNC, FSU, Bethune cookman, Southern miss, Middle Tenn, and Va Tech that are going going to out perform our offense? If we played in the B1g or the SEC I would agree with you, but with this schedule even our "thin" defense, we are much better than the 10 teams listed above.
When was the last time we didn’t have more talent than 10 teams on our schedule???

Just because we have more talent on offense than 10 teams on our schedule does not mean we will live up to that. Teams always show up ready to play us and they don’t need to out perform our offense, all they would need is a couple of key stops and maybe a lucky bounce. There are hundreds of examples where Team A’s offense completely out gains Team B’s by a large margin but special teams and dumb turnovers are the thing that win for team B.

If we look on paper, yes, we should win 10 games but we don’t live on paper, we live in the real world.

It takes time for things to truly change (I.e mindset and culture) Mario hasn’t been here long enough for that to take hold completely.

If we go 8-4, win the Coastal, and win our bowl game and are “total failures” according to you. Who is the total failure? Mario or the players?

When was the last time we didn’t have more talent than 10 teams on our schedule???

Just because we have more talent on offense than 10 teams on our schedule does not mean we will live up to that. Teams always show up ready to play us and they don’t need to out perform our offense, all they would need is a couple of key stops and maybe a lucky bounce. There are hundreds of examples where Team A’s offense completely out gains Team B’s by a large margin but special teams and dumb turnovers are the thing that win for team B.

If we look on paper, yes, we should win 10 games but we don’t live on paper, we live in the real world.

It takes time for things to truly change (I.e mindset and culture) Mario hasn’t been here long enough for that to take hold completely.

If we go 8-4, win the Coastal, and win our bowl game and are “total failures” according to you. Who is the total failure? Mario or the players?

Depends on how we lose.

Play sound, fundamental football and lose on some bad breaks to a team that was ready to play? I can live with that while we build.

Advertisement

When was the last time we had a competent coaching staff? A competent coaching staff gets 10 regular season wins this year.

It depends on how the losses happen for me to place blame.

Agree. Look, there are only so many 5 * players, there are only so many 4* players. We get our share. It's all about development. We have not developed guys period. This will change. I think we have a staff that can get it done now.

We get hyped over 4 stars/high 3 star athletes..news to some it’s NOT much of a separation between that talent baseline. Do y’all selves a favor and pay attention to other teams other than Miami from time to time
!!!!!!!!!

Agree. Look, there are only so many 5 * players, there are only so many 4* players. We get our share. It's all about development. We have not developed guys period. This will change. I think we have a staff that can get it done now.
Yup. We need to recruit better, but the single best thing we can do is develop the talent we already have better. We’ve got 10 wins worth of talent, they just need development and focus. provide that and the wins will come, followed by more talent.

Advertisement
It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better one day, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.
Our typical hires would have definitely approached this as a rebuild Mario changes the whole dynamic related to expectations. One Mario class compared to what we have been used to is night and day. Transfer portal addistions plus two classes could equal something special.

A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.
Winning the coastal is realistic imho....

UNC toughest game and it is at home.

Advertisement
Interesting discussion, I think it's a rebuild...

But not a 5 year one...

Mario in my view is fighting and working like heck to make sure it's no more than a year or two, where he gets UM in position to challenge for more than just Coastal titles.

I mean, what Butch Davis walked into with NCAA sanctions and such, now THAT was a rebuild

Winning the coastal is realistic imho....

UNC toughest game and it is at home.
I wasn’t saying that it wasn’t, I was trying to caution fans back in November from setting the bar too high & potentially disappointing themselves.

The lava is out of the Volcano now lol, it’s too late to turn back, the bar is set...

I wasn’t saying that it wasn’t, I was trying to caution fans back in November from setting the bar too high & potentially disappointing themselves.

The lava is out of the Volcano now lol, it’s too late to turn back, the bar is set...
Fair enough....

With the way Mario is rebuilding the OL TVD might put up 50 a game at this point....lol

Posting this video, not to glorify Saban or Bama, but to highlight what’s involved in culture. When @SWFLHurricane gave first hand testimonial about the rigors of the battles at home (practice), former players attesting that practice was harder than game time, all of that have to be re-established. It’s been “Paradise U” for a minute, & the practices have been as such.

When it gets to a point where a 5 star kid is like “oh ish; what did I sign up for?” again, then I’ll feel we hit a corner, and that’s not happening yr 1, imo. Guys have to be re-conditioned both mentally & physically what it means to rep this U.

there's a huge difference between an experience that is 'fun' and one that is 'rewarding'.

Playing at a real elite program is 'rewarding' but not necessarily always fun. And programs that are 'fun' aren't always 'rewarding'

My biggest issue with Manny is that he wanted this program to be fun all the time

Advertisement
Back