Do not try to tell me that Miami is a rebuild...

If we can add a few high quality OL, a couple good LBs, and a couple of true CBs I agree. I really think we are close. Need quality coaches to get these guys playing consistently at a high level.

Advertisement
A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.
Great advice, not just for football, for life… set the bar low enough, you Cant help but to overachieve!

A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.
Well stated, some serious holes on the roster that may not all be fixable via the portal.

Advertisement
We still need consecutive bowl and division wins to start locking down S. Fl. These kids won’t be sold until they witness a turnaround.

It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.
With no OL.

Unless they can be coached up... entirely possible of course... it dampens what our Canes have at other positions.

Advertisement
Very telling that the majority of our biggest holes and needs are on Manuela's defense. The offense is far from perfect, but most of the big glaring holes are on the defensive side of the ball.
Portal needs:

OL - At least 2, maybe 3 if a bad decision is made
DT - At least 1
DE - At least 2
LB - At least 2, depending on the defense we play
CB - At least 2, depending on decisions made

A lot of needs.

Some of it can be done, but gonna need some luck, too.

I like TVD as much as the next guy but it's fair to say his play has been inconsistent. It's just too early to say any of that. Either way, agree there's lots of raw material to work with in the QB room.

Am I saying he's the best QB in America today? Nah. But it's an easy projection to see where is is most likely to be after an offseason of off-season reps, more coaching, and the confidence of being the man. I mean, RIGHT NOW, after being pressed into starting without any 1st team reps he's got over a 61% completion percentage, a 3-1 QB/INT ratio, 159 rating, a bunch of 300 yard (and even a 400 yard) games, and as importantly, he just has it.

Just watch. Kid is going to have a monster 2022. Come back and call me out. Easy, easy projection.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment

This is nonsense.

Playoff in year one with Mario baby!! 🇨🇺🇨🇺🇨🇺🇨🇺

Advertisement

Dang man, I read this after ordering my "15-0, Mari0" shirt from DymeLyf...lol

It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.
As for as talent, we should have a ACC championship level roster in 2 seasons. We are gonna get a recruiting bounce no matter what. Better coach, and more money poured into the staff and recruiting. Then you see we have the Portal to plug holes. We need more talent in the front 7 and CB and on the OL.

In saying all that there is a rebuild that needs to happen....in the players, the staff and the fans mentality. The dumb penalties, the missed assignments, the toughness and other things. That's a bigger rebuild than personnel.

fill in any gaping holes.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Temper your expectations to anyone that comes on board.
If you can’t see the deficiencies then just chill. Can we be better? Absolutely.
But let’s not ask for a playoff appearance in 22.

Who has asked for a playoff appearance in year 1? Has anyone? I said we have a real good shot at 10 wins. Out of a 13-14 game schedule. I would have said 11 but we have @TAMU and @Clemson on the sked. I don't think 10 wins is setting the bar that high with a 13-14 game sked. ****, if Manny had won 9 games THIS year half the board would be saying we underachieved. Tell me I am wrong. And if you do, go back and look at this board pre-season.

Last edited:

LFG.

Go Canes.
It is a rebuild lol

Get a few linemen, backers, and db's and you're set. There are some players already there who will probably be pretty good with competent coaches as well.
That's basically a new D.

The Portal helps you plug one or two gaps but to rely on transfers for what amounts to a brand new defense is unrealistic.

LFG.

Go Canes.
I agree it’s not barren but this is at max, best case scenario a 9, 10 with a bowl win team. Maybe wins the coastal but the d line is bare, LBs are well awful, CBS are gonna be young. The O line is still a mess. This roster is good enough to beat the NCST and Pitts of the world but not the guys outside of the ACC. Now year 2 when you can really get a solid recruiting class and transfer class, Miami could be a top 15 team.

Advertisement
Back