Do Diaz and Enos go Conservative on Saturday?

Honestly I was hoping the defense wouldn’t be TOO aggressive at times. Knowing when to allow 5 in 3rd and 15 is what made our defense take the next step

Advertisement
Honestly I was hoping the defense wouldn’t be TOO aggressive at times. Knowing when to allow 5 in 3rd and 15 is what made our defense take the next step
^^^ This right here. They can be as aggressive as they want as long as they don't allow any runners to break containment.

Diaz strikes me as a guy who will err on the side of violence and chaos. I can’t imagine him going out there sending the message to his team that he’s scared of uf and doesn’t trust them to run the offense or defense. I think he’s going to do what he does and encourage Enos to do the same. Empty your guns.

You gotta coach games like this with your massive **** and balls dragging the ground. Send a message to your guys that you think they’re better than those *****. Don’t be scared like the pvssies on CIS who act like uf is Patriots.

You give your players the idea that you think they’re overmatched and incapable of punching those fcks in the mouth and it’ll be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Exactly!

Plus - not only does Manny send a message of confidence to HIS team - he sends a message of chaos to UF.

AND. And Manny sends a great big message to recruits on a singular, national stage: Miami going full berserk and having fun doing so.

Diaz strikes me as a guy who will err on the side of violence and chaos. I can’t imagine him going out there sending the message to his team that he’s scared of uf and doesn’t trust them to run the offense or defense. I think he’s going to do what he does and encourage Enos to do the same. Empty your guns.

You gotta coach games like this with your massive **** and balls dragging the ground. Send a message to your guys that you think they’re better than those *****. Don’t be scared like the pvssies on CIS who act like uf is Patriots.

You give your players the idea that you think they’re overmatched and incapable of punching those fcks in the mouth and it’ll be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Agree, friend. Enos does not strike me as a cowering coach who plays it safe for fear of mistakes like previous regimes. Besides, I think he has more confidence in his offense's abilities and talent in the passing game than in the running game. I think a healthy dose of misdirections (boots, rollouts, etc.) to give Jarren easy throwing lanes to guys like Jordan/Mallory/Dallas/Thomas/KJ is what's in store for the first half. That means screens, rollouts, slants, crossers, jet sweeps, etc. Simple things that can seem complex/confusing to a defense but pretty simple reads for a QB.

Also, Baker strikes me as a guy who doesn't give a fug and is aggressive as **** as well.

They're gonna bring a bag of tricks and avoid being predictable. Call it what you want.

Advertisement
Our Offense is extremely young. Saturday will be Williams first start. Freshmen’s at the Tackle spots. Do we play it safe and try to establish the run or does Diaz throw everything but the kitchen sink at Mullen?

I’ll tell you this, if we play conservative, we lose this game. The pass game has to set up the run and not the other way around. Last year, Florida's Defense was successful against teams that played safe (LSU, Michigan, UGA for most of the game) and conservative against them. They struggled against teams who spread them out and aired it out with tempo. I think Diaz goes (much like our Defense) for the W with an aggressive Offense.

Thoughts?

I don't think Enos came here to run a conservative game & it sure doesn't seem like Diaz's MO either, so I'll go with a big Negative, Ghost rider

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have yet to see a competitive football game where a team has gone conservative and has won. We have to throw the kitchen sink at UF on Saturday. Nothing else will do.

Outside of the tackles and QB, the offense isn't that young. The 2018 offensive class was one of the best in the country and they are in year 2 and most got major burn last year. Time for them to show out!

Advertisement
Agreed. However, how many times have we seen Coker, Randy, Golden and CMR go conservative with rookie QB’s? If you pay attention to history, it really isn’t that crazy of an idea. We see it all the time.

I’ve never seen them go conservative with rookie QBs... their offense was just trash so it looked that way.

Diaz wanted to hire an OC with the same aggressive mentality as him and that person is Dan Enos.

Florida getting blown out and I can’t wait for us to expose CJ Henderson like we did David Amerson.

I’ve never seen them go conservative with rookie QBs... their offense was just trash so it looked that way.

Diaz wanted to hire an OC with the same aggressive mentality as him and that person is Dan Enos.

Florida getting blown out and I can’t wait for us to expose CJ Henderson like we did David Amerson.

Go watch Kaaya vs. Louisville. Marve/Harris vs. Florida. Wright vs. FSU. I can go on but I know who I’m talking to...

Go watch Kaaya vs. Louisville. Marve/Harris vs. Florida. Wright vs. FSU. I can go on but I know who I’m talking to...

Lol you do know who you’re talking to which is why you should know by now to be careful bc I’m always right... most of the time.

regarding your pseudo facts... Al Golden’s entire philosophy is based on being conservative... show me a game where we played a different offensive style against a weaker team than we did against a team better than us under him??

- Kaaya was scared in every game he played in, we weren’t conservative against Louisville that was our offensive style combined with the fact that we were soft.

- That 2008 Florida team was one of the more talented teams in cfb history.. how was going conservative or “aggressive” going to help us?

Advertisement
Back