Do Diaz and Enos go Conservative on Saturday?

Hurracanes

Your favorite poster’s favorite poster.
Premium
Our Offense is extremely young. Saturday will be Williams first start. Freshmen’s at the Tackle spots. Do we play it safe and try to establish the run or does Diaz throw everything but the kitchen sink at Mullen?

I’ll tell you this, if we play conservative, we lose this game. The pass game has to set up the run and not the other way around. Last year, Florida's Defense was successful against teams that played safe (LSU, Michigan, UGA for most of the game) and conservative against them. They struggled against teams who spread them out and aired it out with tempo. I think Diaz goes (much like our Defense) for the W with an aggressive Offense.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I assume they'll try to win the game OP

Agreed. However, how many times have we seen Coker, Randy, Golden and CMR go conservative with rookie QB’s? If you pay attention to history, it really isn’t that crazy of an idea. We see it all the time.

Going conservative with Williams would be the worst thing to do. OC's that do that are lazy. They can draw up multiple plays with safe reads and outlets to get the QB confidence and keep him from making stupid mistakes. Calling a conservative game just amps up the pressure on the QB even more. Give him the plays to succeed. I'm tired of game managers.

Advertisement
**** no... we’re going to bust them in the mouth.... crazy to me some people here think Florida can come in and push us around.... not at you OP

Diaz strikes me as a guy who will err on the side of violence and chaos. I can’t imagine him going out there sending the message to his team that he’s scared of uf and doesn’t trust them to run the offense or defense. I think he’s going to do what he does and encourage Enos to do the same. Empty your guns.

You gotta coach games like this with your massive **** and balls dragging the ground. Send a message to your guys that you think they’re better than those *****. Don’t be scared like the pvssies on CIS who act like uf is Patriots.

You give your players the idea that you think they’re overmatched and incapable of punching those fcks in the mouth and it’ll be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Diaz is as aggressive as they come defensively, you think they won’t be the same way offensively now that he’s the head coach? He’s going have his team play like they have to in order to win the game

Advertisement
Going conservative with Williams would be the worst thing to do. OC's that do that are lazy. They can draw up multiple plays with safe reads and outlets to get the QB confidence and keep him from making stupid mistakes. Calling a conservative game just amps up the pressure on the QB even more. Give him the plays to succeed. I'm tired of game managers.
I get what you're saying, but game managers are the ones that take what a D gives, or what the O can exploit. Dorsey was a game manager and we stomped teams to death. Just get the ball to your play makers. Call it what you want, but that's all we need. Get the ball to the guy that is open, or make sure your risks are high reward. You can attack the **** out of a team with smart QB play. You don't have to be conservative to be a darn good game manager. Just my two cents.

I do agree, we have no business trying to be conservative.

I hope not. If Diaz wants to win here and get the fans behind him we will try and kill uif at any cost.

Advertisement
In the immortal words of Herm Edward - you play....to win...the game

I can see allowing a drive or two where you are letting Jarren Williams settle in, but there comes a time where you have to be what you are. Get to it.

Fortune favors the bold

Diaz strikes me as a guy who will err on the side of violence and chaos. I can’t imagine him going out there sending the message to his team that he’s scared of uf and doesn’t trust them to run the offense or defense. I think he’s going to do what he does and encourage Enos to do the same. Empty your guns.

You gotta coach games like this with your massive **** and balls dragging the ground. Send a message to your guys that you think they’re better than those *****. Don’t be scared like the pvssies on CIS who act like uf is Patriots.

You give your players the idea that you think they’re overmatched and incapable of punching those fcks in the mouth and it’ll be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

**** yeah brother! I’d run a toss first play & send realous out there leading the way. Say either put that **** Henderson thru the gatorade table or go back home to Georgia

Last edited:
Starting conservative with short, high completion passes is exactly what you'd expect a brand new offense with a first start QB to do. Problem is that we have a defense that can keep us in the game even if we make a mistake going balls deep and an OC/HC who have the testicular tonnage to give it a shot.

Advertisement
Back