DL Daylen Russell commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
He is 6’1 270. IF he is a stand up DE then we are F’d. Lightfoot, Wayne, Kelly, McConathy are the standup rush ends. This kid is at best a 5T(Bain/Mesidor).
Nah hes too small just look at his highlights from this year. Every single play but 1 hes playing standup DE. He is no where near a Bain or Mesidor lol. I wish it works out but i dont see it.

I watched him for the Palmetto vs Clearwater academy game and hes solid but just isnt a DT. Go look up Aaron Donald and Calijah Kancey high school highlights and evem though they were undersized they still played the DT position and most of their highlights came from the DT position. This kid most of his highlights are at DE.

Usl Championship Soccer GIF by Oakland Roots SC
On demand. Just proved my point

No one is coping. Literally no one. All that was said was that the kid is better than the rankings suggest. That's it.

Jesus ******* Christ, get some happiness into your life...
Our fanbase is so bad that most would rather be miserable just to prove a point as opposed to being openminded.

running out of material. Try harder

Advertisement
What’s truly sad is that the majority of the porsters here are too dim to have a nuisanced opinion.

Two things can be true at the same time - they missed on a number of top DL and this kid looks like he could be a solid player

Advertisement
Nah hes too small just look at his highlights from this year. Every single play but 1 hes playing standup DE. He is no where near a Bain or Mesidor lol. I wish it works out but i dont see it.

I watched him for the Palmetto vs Clearwater academy game and hes solid but just isnt a DT. Go look up Aaron Donald and Calijah Kancey high school highlights and evem though they were undersized they still played the DT position and most of their highlights came from the DT position. This kid most of his highlights are at DE.

you are saying we are taking a 6’1 270# standup De that doesn’t have a motor and has no chance at playing with his hand in the ground. I’m saying they are taking him to move him inside. He is already questionable about work ethic so no way he drops 30lbs of fat and adds 20lbs of muscle to be a 6’1 260lb rush end. How many 6’1 rush ends do you know that are good?

My issues with Russell are exactly what @skyman stated. Motor as a DT is questionable. He also doesn’t have his hand in the ground a ton and even is standing straight up at snaps(questionable fitness which speaks to approach to game year round). He plays rush end but will never be a rush end here. Can he translate from stand up rush end to 5T or 3T?
Yea he played End the entire game..

Does this kid wear #9?

If so, he's an animal.
yup, forgot if you were coaching at western this year? I woulda tagged you, their front 4 is strength of their D.. Between the bookends and one of their DT who goin to FIU I think..

Yeah no lol.

Y’all have fun though. All our 3-stars are 5-stars on here, just like under Manny and Richt and Golden and Shannon.
Cmon man, I am a star ***** as much a Mario (probably one of few thing I can say I like about him, lol), I laugh at the south florida 3 star is really a 5 star
meme on here, I was just commenting on a game I attended to support another player and we had a committed player there, (Jose Leon jr. is a DAWG!!!!)

My issues with him is people keep calling him a DT, there is no way in god's green earth this guy can play DT at the college level he is too small, he is a standup DE all the way idc what anyone says he is not a DT lol
yea he played standup DE all game, I dont remember any reps inside..

Yea he played End the entire game..

yup, forgot if you were coaching at western this year? I woulda tagged you, their front 4 is strength of their D.. Between the bookends and one of their DT who goin to FIU I think..

Cmon man, I am a star ***** as much a Mario (probably one of few thing I can say I like about him, lol), I laugh at the south florida 3 star is really a 5 star
meme on here, I was just commenting on a game I attended to support another player and we had a committed player there, (Jose Leon jr. is a DAWG!!!!)

yea he played standup DE all game, I dont remember any reps inside..
He has played DT some but it isn’t pretty because he stands up at the snap. Things that can be corrected but motor and work ethic are needed for him to be able to make that transition.

Advertisement
My issues with Russell are exactly what @skyman stated. Motor as a DT is questionable. He also doesn’t have his hand in the ground a ton and even is standing straight up at snaps(questionable fitness which speaks to approach to game year round). He plays rush end but will never be a rush end here. Can he translate from stand up rush end to 5T or 3T?
Im in the same thinking.

Dont know what you will get with him. Hes the 1 kid int he class I definite dont like the take from jump. Hes not a Bain...hes a guy that i think depending on development could play up to a Deen type level or Gore. A guy in the interior that will be around 6'1 1'2 that can get up to 280-290..that you can slant and move around.

I watched him vs Homestead as we had to play them last week first rd playoffs...n he was just "ok" against them...didnt see a high motor...made a few plays though. S&C and development will be important with him...**** get his lumps because the interior of our ol will be huge **** learn quickly lol

Advertisement
Im in the same thinking.

Dont know what you will get with him. Hes the 1 kid int he class I definite dont like the take from jump. Hes not a Bain...hes a guy that i think depending on development could play up to a Deen type level or Gore. A guy in the interior that will be around 6'1 1'2 that can get up to 280-290..that you can slant and move around.

I watched him vs Homestead as we had to play them last week first rd playoffs...n he was just "ok" against them...didnt see a high motor...made a few plays though. S&C and development will be important with him...**** get his lumps because the interior of our ol will be huge **** learn quickly lol
I have the NJ OL as another questionable take BUT OL is Mario’s thing. If he is in the class, he must see something.

I don’t mind Judd because his senior tape is good and I’m assuming we get two more giving us 4-5 next year.

Last edited:
Let it all play out. He hasn’t grown much this year as they likely protected him to. Lots of fish they are still after. **** 4 stud DL on campus today alone that they want to flip. Gotta win and as K9 says, not look methodical all f*cking day

Advertisement
Back