DL Daylen Russell commits to Miami

View as article
What’s truly sad is that the majority of the porsters here are too dim to have a nuisanced opinion.

Two things can be true at the same time - they missed on a number of top DL and this kid looks like he could be a solid player
Please stop making sense. There is no place for that around here.

Advertisement
What’s truly sad is that the majority of the porsters here are too dim to have a nuisanced opinion.

Two things can be true at the same time - they missed on a number of top DL and this kid looks like he could be a solid player
He’s not.

I have the NJ OL as another questionable take BUT OL is Mario’s thing. If he is in the class, he must see something.

I don’t mind Judd because his senior tape is good and I’m assuming we get two more giving us 4-5 next year.

Well you guys just named my top 3 ?s of the class. I have a couple more, which is disappointing as I thought we were over with that with Mario. But by and large I feel like the class is another deceptively strong one, especially if we close well and add more quality portalers.

I have the NJ OL as another questionable take BUT OL is Mario’s thing. If he is in the class, he must see something.

I don’t mind Judd because his senior tape is good and I’m assuming we get two more giving us 4-5 next year.
I think Minaya is a "body type" recruit. Looks like he's big and mean and the coaches feel they can develop him over 5 years.

No one expects Minaya to contribute for probably 3 seasons.

I think Minaya is a "body type" recruit. Looks like he's big and mean and the coaches feel they can develop him over 5 years.

No one expects Minaya to contribute for probably 3 seasons.
Again, hard to question Mario on OL. Even if he is a miss, I like the others in the class. Same with DL and Russell.

The DBs- we don’t have the top end CB to complete the class.

The QB- numbers are needed no matter Judd. Give me 5 in the room with at least one clear starter for 2024. The other 4 fight for 2/3 position or red shirt. In 2025, Luke plus the 3 that stick around. If we don’t have a good starter by 2025, portal again.

Advertisement
How big is he?

Hold Up Now GIF by ABC Network

I couldn't give much of a flying flamingo tbh, yes we can ***** about the lack of quality at the DT spot, but we're getting someone with the blessing of a DC who just held Palmetto to nine points.

Like, be happy every once in a while.
I like to think it was 3 points technically.
They caught a hail mary with 40 seconds left in the game after my 2 DB's fell into each other. 🤦🏻‍♂️

But thanks 😆

Advertisement
Doesn't matter what position he's playing in high school. College coaches seldom care about that. They're looking for traits... traits that pop on film... traits that they can work with... traits that translate to other positions.

[have to bold this]
I'M NOT SAYING HE'LL BE A PLAYER HERE, BUT I DO SEE THE TRAITS THAT THEY'RE ATTRACTED TO.

After watching his game film I noticed 3 things...
1. Solid punch at the POA. He puts linemen on their a$s. (DT traits)
2. Good short area quickness at times
3. Tenacity

Normally he's probably not a take but considering the current state of our DT recruiting...🤷🏻‍♂️

I'll know more after Friday fellas.

Advertisement
Doesn't matter what position he's playing in high school. College coaches seldom care about that. They're looking for traits... traits that pop on film... traits that they can work with... traits that translate to other positions.

[have to bold this]
I'M NOT SAYING HE'LL BE A PLAYER HERE, BUT I DO SEE THE TRAITS THAT THEY'RE ATTRACTED TO.

3. Tenacity

Normally he's probably not a take but considering the current state of our DT recruiting...🤷🏻‍♂️

This!

Advertisement

[have to bold this]

3. Tenacity

Good luck this week

[have to bold this]

3. Tenacity

This. (all of it, but especially this).

And not too worried about his size. From the looks of it, he'll be maybe 6-2, 280 by the time he hits his redshirt freshman year.

Along that note, I'm wondering if the coaches don't look at this guy and wonder: "Move him to the OL. With that tenacity and leverage he shows, the dude's a natural Center."

Just thinking out loud 🤷‍♀️

This. (all of it, but especially this).

And not too worried about his size. From the looks of it, he'll be maybe 6-2, 280 by the time he hits his redshirt freshman year.

Along that note, I'm wondering if the coaches don't look at this guy and wonder: "Move him to the OL. With that tenacity and leverage he shows, the dude's a natural Center."

Just thinking out loud 🤷‍♀️
We got a natural center already in Nino Brown.
That would be a major disrespect to Russel.

Advertisement
Back