2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats one way to do it- pray JT / Salave’a can earn a rep of being able to develop DTs. Big gamble though - if LT doesn't have a phenomenal year then UM will end up missing on top tier DTs 3 years in a row.

The other way is to hire a DT coach that every recruit and other coaches know is the absolute best in the business at developing DTs and getting them drafted.

One of the two, Salave’a or JT, has to be replaced with either an outstanding recruiter or talent developer (preferably someone good at both jobs like Partridge). But if focusing on recruiting only, would be interesting to see what Ed O could do.
I agree 100% that Joe does not carry any recognition and I too would support a big name Dline coach who can immediately pay dividends. I hate to write this but aside from having some influence with Poly players what does Joe bring to the team? Maybe we will see something this season but Mario needs to find a way to keep his friend and dramatically improve the DT position.

Advertisement
B0B82F20-83FB-4DBA-86C2-C9A1133186C0.jpeg

Saturday was tough!! My Mind , Heart and Gut all felt different things! Now I know why they say never listen to your heart ! Lol

His did you feel about last years class ?

Didn't meet my expectations (top 5 class every year) but it wasn't a total disaster. So I would say last year's class was acceptable but not excellent. If we recruit like we did last year every year, we'll be a top 15 type team, which is a step forward although not as much as I'd like.

Still time on the clock to turn this year's class around as well. Right now it's a trainwreck.

Advertisement
Didn't meet my expectations (top 5 class every year) but it wasn't a total disaster. So I would say last year's class was acceptable but not excellent. If we recruit like we did last year every year, we'll be a top 15 type team, which is a step forward although not as much as I'd like.

Still time on the clock to turn this year's class around as well. Right now it's a trainwreck.
So tell me what top 5 class helped win us 1 of our 5 NC's?

I'll wait

I mean, literally, the last two ships have been with a guy that was nothing but considered a journeyman when he was being recruited. And is still not considered any kind of an elite quarterback.
Regardless of how he was perceived coming out Stetson certainly played elite when it mattered, and when his team needed him.

Georgia doesn't win the National titles without him.

Playoffs:

Georgia scored 34 points

Michigan-20-30/313 yards/3 TDs
3 carries 32 yards

Georgia scored 33 points

Alabama-17-26 224 yards/2 TDs

SEC title game:
Georgia scored 50 points

LSU-23-29/274 yards/4 TDs

Playoffs:
Georgia scored 42 points

Ohio State-23-34/398 yards/3 TDs

Georgia scored 65 points

TCU-18-25/304 yards/4 TDs

UGs should build a statue of lil Stetson outside Sanford Stadium.

In 4 playoff games he averaged 309 yards passing and 3 TDs per game.

So tell me what top 5 class helped win us 1 of our 5 NC's?

I'll wait
if we redid the butch classes with modern recruiting services, you do know they'd likely be higher than they were. we also had development, none of which we have seen so far since

Advertisement

Multiple 5 star players but a train wreck…

Luckily Mario Cristobal has not given up on Stone. Just win.
I’ve voiced my concerns with this class but if there’s one thing I have zero doubt with is Mario giving up on any of these guys until pen meets paper. Will that work here? Don’t know but there’s a high probability it will on one or two of the guys we’ve already missed.

Mario is unquestionably one of the best in season recruiters there is which is likely why he fumbles timeouts as he’s busy sending out “Hey Big Head” text in between plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll help you since your too busy

Look at 1999 which is widely considered one of the best classes we've ever signed.

Yep. Absolutely nothing has changed about recruiting since then. Nothing.

I agree 100% that Joe does not carry any recognition and I too would support a big name Dline coach who can immediately pay dividends. I hate to write this but aside from having some influence with Poly players what does Joe bring to the team? Maybe we will see something this season but Mario needs to find a way to keep his friend and dramatically improve the DT position.
i wouldnt hate to say it. im not sure if joe is the main recruiter on these DTs and i believe JT was Kam's main recruiter and i assume he took the lead here too since didnt Stones family love Taylor? either way, unless joe is an amazing developer of talent, he should moved off field and find an upgrade.

I'll help you since your too busy

Look at 1999 which is widely considered one of the best classes we've ever signed.

Bruh.... I'm gonna help you out, since apparently you've not adjusted to modern times. That 99 class was over 20, **** near 25 years ago. The scene has changed, my dude. The $EC schools and the Clemson's of the world changed all of that, by setting up shop in So. Fla., throwing BIG bags at those coveted recruits, and putting more of that money into their recruiting budget, new facilities, etc.. Look at the last 10 years of NCAA football champions. I guarantee that most if not all of those teams that won the championships, had recruiting classes ranked in the top 5-6, three to four years running. If we're gonna play and WIN vs. the big boys on Saturdays, we're gonna have to WIN vs. the big boys in the living rooms in So. Fla. and around the country. Yes, in our past, we could put together really good classes without worrying about our recruiting rankings, because A..... the recruiting mags simply weren't as thorough back then, because they weren't seeing all the kids, and B. Most of the other schools around the country didn't know all of our little secrets. They only knew about the big names. These ****** (other schools) got ****** (recruiters) posted up in So. Fla. year round now. How you think these other schools be offering jits scholarships when they like 9th grade and ****....? and we don't be knowin nuthin about who the fucc the kid is, on this board, sometimes. This **** is a year round business now. The Santana Moss', and Ray Lewis', and Warren Sapp's wasn't popping up on a lot of national radars, back then. Recruiting publications are MUCH better now. Some kids still fall through the cracks, and get under recruited... but not nearly as many as 20-25 years ago. ****, a board favorite in this discussion.... ED Reed was a **** 3 star. Think about that... probably one of the the best Safety's the game has ever seen.... 3 star. Only D1 offers were Miami, and Tulane. We can't expect Mario or anybody else to turn this **** around, by continuously pulling in top 20-25 classes. That's not gonna get us to where we wanna be. If Mario can stack up 3-4 top 5-7 type classes, byke to byke.... then we cooking with hot oil, and we're own our way back. If not, we'll probably be looking for another coach in 5-6 years. He's already shown that he aint the best in game coach around college football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back