2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t deny that and I’m not saying I have any problem with you or the info that you provide. I also understand there’s going to be trolls that take issue with everything that you say and that’s obviously going to play into wanting to shut them up when the time comes, but the good is going to come with the bad in the aspect that you enjoy the anonymity that other insiders don’t necessarily have.

A lot of national guys might get just as much if not more weirdo hate but can’t really just tell or other guys to suck their **** while logging a prediction when they know they have the better info. Knowing gabby and how much hate he gets as it is, imagine if he acted in that way and ended up being wrong lol
Well yeah but Gaby gets paid for this.

Advertisement
Am I trolling though? If we just missed on Stone today but were otherwise doing fine, well that would be one thing.

Think about all of the DT's and DE's that visited over the summer. We missed on Scott. Missed on Rushing. Then we missed on Stewart. Then we missed on Simmons. But wait... because after that we missed on Kam Franklin. Now we've missed on Stone. So am I actually trolling or does it kind of make sense for fans to be ****ed about how consistently bad our recruiting has been this cycle?

I guess I can give them credit for Rudolph and Lightfoot, they are good players if not elite, and Jones is a good solid addition if he sticks. I'm not saying anything everyone else hasn't been saying for months - UM put it out there that this was going to be an elite DT/DE class and it's turned out to be an Al Golden / Manny Diaz level class at that position. Those guys didn't recruit the defensive line badly, but I could be forgiven for thinking our elite $8 milllion/yr coach would be able to out recruit those guys.

Because being outside the top 5 this year means you have no shot at a natty in the next 3 years. Being outside the top 10 means the playoffs are very doubtful within the next three years. And being behind both FSU and UF is just downright unacceptably bad. And oh yeah, this all coming at a time when conference realignment is a thing and Miami's entire future is at stake.

We can't have these misses.
False.
Natty Winners:
’20- LSU
’17- Clemson

Playoffs:
’23- TCU, Mich
’22- Cincy, Mich
’21- ND, OSU
’20- LSU, OSU
’19- ND
’18- Clemson
’17- UW
’16- MSU, OU
’15- Oregon

Advertisement
I really hope this kid didn’t lie to his momma & family. If he changed his mind last second as a 17 year old under immense pressure-fine.

But if it was a premeditated lie and you did that to mama-that’s grade A bull****.

**** man this could’ve been a great day to all but wrap up this recruiting class. Would have went into the season with a top 10 class, then a good season could’ve helped with more smh

Advertisement

"I can't lie," said Stone, who is the No. 10 player in the nation. "Up until like three o'clock when (Sooners defensive tackles coach Todd) Bates called me, it was Miami. I already had the edit made. My family was all for it. I had a conversation with my mom and I asked her, 'Is it ok if I want to come back home?'

"She didn't really want me to come back home and I was fine making the sacrifice for her, and if it's not ok me coming home, I won't do it. The conversation came down to she wanted me to be happy and make my own decision and this is a big choice for me and I took her words to heart and went with my gut. I feel like I made the right decision."

However, he said even then there was some uncertainty in his mind.

"Honestly, even at the table, I was gonna reach for the Miami hat," he said. "I didn't want to play any games with nobody. I am a genuine person and I try to express my feelings the best way I can. Honestly, I was gonna pick up the Miami hat because I want my family to be happy, but I had to be selfish today. I wanted to go to OU."

Thats one way of saying "I got a nice little bag right before making my decision."

False.
Natty Winners:
’20- LSU
’17- Clemson

Playoffs:
’23- TCU, Mich
’22- Cincy, Mich
’21- ND, OSU
’20- LSU, OSU
’19- ND
’18- Clemson
’17- UW
’16- MSU, OU
’15- Oregon

Great job…The **** dudes come up with on this site.

You'll never convince me Miami isn't cursed

Amen…Reading that 247 piece is so painful as a Canes fan. And then you see the kids holding up UM signs.

On a side note…All these TV announcements and forced commitments (even in the case of Patterson who flat out said he didn't want to commit)…Are putting kids in some tough spots. Doesn't sound like Stone was ready at all.

Amen…Reading that 247 piece is so painful as a Canes fan. And then you see the kids holding up UM signs.

On a side note…All these TV announcements and forced commitments (even in the case of Patterson who flat out said he didn't want to commit)…Are putting kids in some tough spots. Doesn't sound like Stone was ready at all.
Mario won't stop recruiting him. If we have a better than expected season say 10 wins, I think he and others could flip.

Advertisement
I don’t think Mario is going to give up on either Stone or Franklin, or even Simmons. A good season with a excellent year by the defensive line and he might be able to flip one of them. And what if I OU falters again? Or Texas? Or Ole Miss?

The fat lady has yet to sing for some of these players. And by the same token, a good season may very well be needed for Mario to hold on to some of the commits he does have. I love getting Patterson’s verbal, but I’m not overwhelmed with confidence in keeping him. He seemed forced by his coach to verbal, and while Miami was #1 Paterson still wants to take official visits elsewhere.

Wow…. Unreal man, just unreal
81AD8E61-1B06-47B8-8D62-C50C9B9B17F1.jpeg

Advertisement
That’s part of what I was saying about the anonymity thing. He may get paid for this but that comes with the drawback of it being his livelihood and attaching his name/face to it for all the weirdos to see.
Venables couldn’t let him leave, they would have done anything to keep him home. Mr. Defense who has to trash other squads after his last year and ours simply couldn’t let that happen. We needed him, but I’m proud of Mario for going for the gold despite the odds.

You'll never convince me Miami isn't cursed
After Vince, and our long history before that at DT, it has been tough when bags were dropped with no NIL for the best DTs…but always remember pre-Mario, outside of a few, we were ****ed because our coaches didn’t sell out for the best without fear of losing. I will give Mario that credit…he threw everything at it, and I can live with that.

I think one issue is that if you ever dare say anything that goes against some of these guys you’ll get torn to shreds by them and their ****riders. Then they’ll trot around the board, pulling receipts, trying to clown other insiders/national guys, and working people up about landing these major targets…then these guys go elsewhere and it’s goalpost shifting with other excuses

All while doing things like trolling Miami fans and feeding into a negative perception of things like Patterson to FSU.
Well @Cribby might not wanna explain it to you guys cause what's the point. Normally I wouldn't wanna bother either. But it's crazy how y'all want us to tell y'all about **** then the second something doesn't go through you don't understand nothing. It's just clearly nonsense. Y'all can't have both sides of the coin. If that's what it is then no need to ask for info period on stuff if it's just gonna be doubted. That dude goes far out his way to keep y'all in the loop and honestly he's one of the last ones left whos even still patient enough to tell y'all anything. Theres a reason myself and others just don't bother anymore. I'll tell y'all last night he told us he was on board AGAIN. Tonight all the way up until several minutes before half time we still were of the belief he was coming. It's why all the lil kids in the background had green on and there was the um sign even(I'm sure y'all will simply say that's just him trolling)well if you watched the game you see just leading into half time a kid runs up to him with his phone. He gets a confused look and starts texting. Then he starts talking with Ellis Hobbs and u see he clearly said I don't know what to do or what can I do then he shrugs his shoulders and looks confused as ****. Walks over to the tent to commit and pulls the ou hat while still looking shook and you see the kids and all the adults in the background trying to figure out what happened. Even his family still thought he was coming to us & it's why none of the adults had ou stuff on. But I understand how y'all will view that. @Cribby and I have had words before and we're nowhere near best friends. But we're good and I know what he tells y'all is legit. Be thankful somebody still tries to tell y'all what's going on. Tread lightly cause if you run him off too you gonna be sitting around just praying the bank opens more often. Unfortunately especially when it relates to how nil has changed the game up, things can change multiple times in a heartbeat. That's reality and it's just what it is. But y'all believe what you want and do u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back