2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
No telling what Bates told him on phone, but Stone is OU's Bain.

They simply can't afford to lose a life long sooner, so I'm sure Bates told him whatever he needed to to secure the commit.

@DMoney has said wherever Stone commits, it won't be over until NSD.

We got a top 15 class let's go ball, have a good season, and see if we can crack top 10.

Another reason why I couldn't be a College HC.

If a 17/18 year old disrespected me like this I wouldn't **** on them if they were on fire. Meanwhile we're meant to continue recruiting him and position ourselves to be the first in line should he ever transfer.
I get what you’re saying, but in this new transfer portal era, coaches have to think long term. You never know if, 1-2 years down the road the kid may get frustrated with his current situation and if you’re on good terms with him you may be able to catch him on the flip side.

Not much for congratulating losing but Mario almost closed the deal on a heavy OU lean. Unfortunately inability to recruit the key positions consistently could ruin him as it did all former coaches here.

Advertisement
This season is so important for Mario and Miami.

He gets some high school players that signed developed and drafted high, win some awards, etc he has that to sell.

Show a high level passing attack, with TVD having a big bounce back season, to rid himself of the narrrative about offense and QB's that surround him.

A good season will also be enticing to potential portals who want a chance to win in their last season or 2 at the college level.
Specifically thinking QB, DT, and DB maybe.

1693138116564.gif

"I can't lie," said Stone, who is the No. 10 player in the nation. "Up until like three o'clock when (Sooners defensive tackles coach Todd) Bates called me, it was Miami. I already had the edit made. My family was all for it. I had a conversation with my mom and I asked her, 'Is it ok if I want to come back home?'

"She didn't really want me to come back home and I was fine making the sacrifice for her, and if it's not ok me coming home, I won't do it. The conversation came down to she wanted me to be happy and make my own decision and this is a big choice for me and I took her words to heart and went with my gut. I feel like I made the right decision."

However, he said even then there was some uncertainty in his mind.

"Honestly, even at the table, I was gonna reach for the Miami hat," he said. "I didn't want to play any games with nobody. I am a genuine person and I try to express my feelings the best way I can. Honestly, I was gonna pick up the Miami hat because I want my family to be happy, but I had to be selfish today. I wanted to go to OU."

This Team and this sport will put your soul and sanity to the test. Sebastian should marry Lucy at this point.

need our nil crew to get fam a new home in Miami so he can get his wish

Last edited:
Advertisement
How would you feel about saying goodbye to Joe and making Coach O the new DL coach? The way he’s hanging around the program lately he’s practically on the staff already. I know he has some “off the field” issues at times but I the trade off is worth it.
I would be absolutely fine with that but ultimately I seriously doubt if he would mesh with Mario or if the Admin would want to hire him based on those "off the field" issues. Other than that I think coach O is an excellent DL coach and we could do a lot worse. The guy won a national title as the HC for LSU in 2019 so I would take him as a position coach in his area of expertise as long as I felt that he wouldn't negatively affect the staff chemistry or become a distraction for hitting frat party keggers and banging sorority chicks.

To be frank, this is what I had expected Mario to do from the jump. The DL coach is of paramount importance when it comes to attracting top tier talent and in order to compete at an elite level we must have elite DTs. Mario knew this better than anyone as he has stated on numerous occasions that a team must be built from the trenches outward.

Completely agree. Him and Mirabal are pulling their weight on the OL side. Big Joe seems like a nice guy and he does help us with the Poly players. Helped getting the Mauigoa brothers last year. Although he’s 1/3 this cycle. I love Jones and hoping we keep him. However, we’re not going to reach that next level unless we pick it up getting the studs at that area. We can’t continue to just bandaid the area with a sprinkle of adequate role players via the portal.

Advertisement

"I can't lie," said Stone, who is the No. 10 player in the nation. "Up until like three o'clock when (Sooners defensive tackles coach Todd) Bates called me, it was Miami. I already had the edit made. My family was all for it. I had a conversation with my mom and I asked her, 'Is it ok if I want to come back home?'

"She didn't really want me to come back home and I was fine making the sacrifice for her, and if it's not ok me coming home, I won't do it. The conversation came down to she wanted me to be happy and make my own decision and this is a big choice for me and I took her words to heart and went with my gut. I feel like I made the right decision."

However, he said even then there was some uncertainty in his mind.

"Honestly, even at the table, I was gonna reach for the Miami hat," he said. "I didn't want to play any games with nobody. I am a genuine person and I try to express my feelings the best way I can. Honestly, I was gonna pick up the Miami hat because I want my family to be happy, but I had to be selfish today. I wanted to go to OU."

Ugh that has to be so annoying for Mario and the staff. Need OU to suck and for us to be good.

Advertisement
Statistically less than 10% (it might be 5% actually) of all recruits actually flip once committed, despite they fact we know many we can point to.

history as a general rule isn’t on our side though from your lips to the recruiting gods ears🙏

Yep, unfortunately that’s the narrative that’s being pushed by some on this site so there’s going to be some disappointed individuals come December.

Well @Cribby might not wanna explain it to you guys cause what's the point. Normally I wouldn't wanna bother either. But it's crazy how y'all want us to tell y'all about **** then the second something doesn't go through you don't understand nothing. It's just clearly nonsense. Y'all can't have both sides of the coin. If that's what it is then no need to ask for info period on stuff if it's just gonna be doubted. That dude goes far out his way to keep y'all in the loop and honestly he's one of the last ones left whos even still patient enough to tell y'all anything. Theres a reason myself and others just don't bother anymore. I'll tell y'all last night he told us he was on board AGAIN. Tonight all the way up until several minutes before half time we still were of the belief he was coming. It's why all the lil kids in the background had green on and there was the um sign even(I'm sure y'all will simply say that's just him trolling)well if you watched the game you see just leading into half time a kid runs up to him with his phone. He gets a confused look and starts texting. Then he starts talking with Ellis Hobbs and u see he clearly said I don't know what to do or what can I do then he shrugs his shoulders and looks confused as ****. Walks over to the tent to commit and pulls the ou hat while still looking shook and you see the kids and all the adults in the background trying to figure out what happened. Even his family still thought he was coming to us & it's why none of the adults had ou stuff on. But I understand how y'all will view that. @Cribby and I have had words before and we're nowhere near best friends. But we're good and I know what he tells y'all is legit. Be thankful somebody still tries to tell y'all what's going on. Tread lightly cause if you run him off too you gonna be sitting around just praying the bank opens more often. Unfortunately especially when it relates to how nil has changed the game up, things can change multiple times in a heartbeat. That's reality and it's just what it is. But y'all believe what you want and do u.
This should just be pinned to the top of the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back