2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You have to be aware of the differences between the two though. Stone is a legit 3 tech dt. He's got the build to play anything you ask of him. He's also been developed for several years at a high school that is essentially a factory for sports development. Taylor has the build of a nostetackle. He's got short arms but as some of us pointed out initially in his recruitment he has a martial arts background. He has elite hand placement but it's gonna take some time to develope him. Several years later now(some time)you're seeing Taylor for what he is. His footwork and motor and hand placement are all on point. Traditionally speaking lineman take a year or two to come into their own as is because it's such a physical position. Kids coming out of MOST high schools going against kids who have been in college for multiple years, strength & conditioning & nutrition have a huge leg up.
Yep. I’m aware of the differences. And, I chose my words carefully. Specifically, because I think Stone has a good chance of *immediately* replacing Taylor’s *current* role. For those who’ve been around here a while, they know I generally believe - and did a long post showing the evidence - DTs generally (there are exceptions I’ve previously covered) take 3 years to show who they are at the college level. Stone’s noticeable advanced stage - in comparison - would be disproportionately valuable for us. That’s why we’ll pay him what he’s worth to us.

EDIT: can see this will apparently be interpreted as him starting and getting a full slate of snaps next season. That’s not the intended message. Just that I believe he can contribute 3T snaps sooner.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back