2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to put into words how much this kid could change the perception and the make up of this class as a whole. Saturday might be the biggest swing in momentum of Mario’s tenure thus far.
Write up below is about Keyvon Thibodeaux choosing Oregon.

"The truth? Obviously, the development," Thibodeaux said. "Obviously, everything that came with Oregon. Obviously, the momentum that he had coaching. But the real truth of the matter is that I think when you can take it back to the last in-home visit — I remember it was him and (then-defensive line) coach Joe (Salave'a) and (then-safeties) coach (Keith) Heyward, they're all at my house. And I like to let my mom — my mom is very wise. And most moms are. I wouldn't just give it to her. And she had a great talk with them and with coach Cristobal, and my mom always gets a good feel. One thing she's always good at is calling out BS. She can see it right from the gate.

"So she really felt like she trusted Cristobal with the process and she really felt that he believed in what he was saying. Not necessarily that he was trying to sell her a dream, but that he really believed in, which made her see it and which made her believe it — which also made me believe in it. And honestly, when people ask me, like, if I can go back and if I could do it again, would I have gone somewhere else — and I tell them the same answer, no. I feel like my life was written the way it was purposely. I feel like God really brought — He just aligned it perfectly, and it wouldn't have played out any different."

When Mario landed Thibodeax at Oregon it changed the perception and made them a recruiting force Nationally.

Stone could have the same impact. This kid is THAT important to Miami.

But he's just as important to Oklahoma. Not a state thats producing big time 5 stars every cycle. They can't afford to miss.

Venables and Mario both want and need this one bad.

Advertisement
Agree. Make no mistake, OU and everyone involved in this recruitment from their end is just as nervous as we are. They know they cant miss on this kid. Optics would be horrible.
Bingo. All the nerves are getting stirred up too soon. Gives Oklahoma too much time to figure it out. If the news about him being truly torn went under the radar for a few more days I'd say it was about 75% Miami.

Still lean 55% for Miami but we've given Oklahoma too much time to find out what our offer is and to iron another one out behind the scenes. Still doubt they top it plus Mario has momma and little bro gift wrapped, signed, sealed, and ready for delivery.

Advertisement
The way I see it is that if the money is close, he’s going to OU.
I don't know a lot from OU's side to confirm or deny but in terms of real NIL $ and not factoring in bags or upping their offer within the last week..

Not that close. At least 20% or close to 25% difference when you account for state income taxes in Oklahoma.

I don't know a lot from OU's side to confirm or deny but in terms of real NIL $ and not factoring in bags or upping their offer within the last week..

Not that close. At least 20% or close to 25% difference when you account for state income taxes in Oklahoma.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Advertisement
Bingo. All the nerves are getting stirred up too soon. Gives Oklahoma too much time to figure it out. If the news about him being truly torn went under the radar for a few more days I'd say it was about 75% Miami.

Still lean 55% for Miami but we've given Oklahoma too much time to find out what our offer is and to iron another one out behind the scenes. Still doubt they top it plus Mario has momma and little bro gift wrapped, signed, sealed, and ready for delivery.

OK was told by his mom he was undecided and strongly considering Miami. There was no secret to conceal.

OK was told by his mom he was undecided and strongly considering Miami. There was no secret to conceal.
I feel like in this NIL era there is nothing to hide when it comes to monetary offers and warm feelings towards other teams. The players camp (family/agent etc) has no reason to keep it under wraps as it only hurts their negotiating leverage. Coming down the home stretch you want to see everyones best offer and make them beat each other.

A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Organized Crime Car GIF by Law & Order

Advertisement

I work with a Sooner, he says OU doesn't have the NIL like most places. All their money is old money already allocated to scholarships etc.... Dont think they can match a big miami offer.

Advertisement
Just be thankful that he never played a down for FSU.
Meh. He ran away scared and self-sabotaged his way out of Tally once he realized that he'd be facing Butch designed defenses every year.

Jokes aside, F the Noles but on this one I'm actually more glad that things didn't work out for him at Notre Dame. Moss being as public as he's been for the last 20 years and getting brainwashed and spewing their b-s propaganda would somehow be even more nauseating longterm than him having been a Nole for a couple of years during the start of Butch's rebuild..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back