2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
You land those 3 with Lightfoot, Rudolph and Russell and that’s better than last years OL class. I would love for it to happen but I’m not holding it against them if they don’t. Land 1 of Stone/Breland while keeping our current DL class intact and that’s a top 3 DL class come ESD. Add another eval DT to that and its mission accomplished for me.

Stone/Jones is a great DT class. Unsure how Russell translates to the next level as he looks like he's a tweener much like Bain was but not nearly the prospect. Lightfoot is a really solid pickup. To round out this class, I'd love one more DT especially given how we will probably lose 6 DTs and we'd only have 2-3 returning DTs.

Advertisement
In 2022 the deal was the 8th or 9th highest in cfb in terms of annual salary. That's considerably higher the mid contract. Yes a couple guys have got new contracts since then (Kiffin, Freeze) and pushed him out of the top 10, but lets not try to shift blame and say the school wasn't willing to pay a top 10 salary, so we get what we paid for. UM paid a competitive rate for a top coach and Cristobal hasnt performed.
He's only been here one season. Let him work before we say he hasn't performed.

Stone/Jones is a great DT class. Unsure how Russell translates to the next level as he looks like he's a tweener much like Bain was but not nearly the prospect. Lightfoot is a really solid pickup. To round out this class, I'd love one more DT especially given how we will probably lose 6 DTs and we'd only have 2-3 returning DTs.
Yeah I threw Russell in there only because he’s committed as I’m not a fan. Hopefully I’m wrong on him. Definitely need another DT to that class whether it’s a HS or portal guy.

Yeah I threw Russell in there only because he’s committed as I’m not a fan. Hopefully I’m wrong on him. Definitely need another DT to that class whether it’s a HS or portal guy.

We will definitely go after some portal DL - we can't afford not to. We might lose 9 DL this year which means we'll have to go DL portaling for the next 2 years (maybe 2-3 DL per cycle).

Advertisement
So they are preparing themselves for a letdown, while we have already been fully prepared for a letdown. This will be interesting.
Well he did talk about taking an OV in season to Bama….

step brothers dale GIF

Don’t forget the Michigan flip Rudolph

Advertisement
$8m puts him as 12th highest paid today btw, in case you didn't know where he was relatively. And obviously it's a long-term deal.
But while Stone is important, it's still important to say that what we actually need is 2 Elite/top/great DTs to sign here on NSD. That's what actually gets judged - imo not whether Stone picks us In August. Whether that is Stone and Jones - that would be my preference - or Breland and Jones, or maybe someone else...

Also for me Landing Stone would eliminate any perceived 'Storm' for recruiting except at CB and QB. QB can be calmed by getting a top portal guy. CB... idk it's not looking so hot.
Agreed though Ellis Robinson is definitely still in play for us

Jones/Stone/Breland are the 3 most impressive guys I’ve seen (just in my opinion)

If we got two of those that would be some epic stuff. I had hoped like you are saying to round it out with someone like Jayden Jackson but not sure who else we are after there. Mario’s board expanded a lot during the season last year and it wasn’t bums so who knows

Advertisement
Jones/Stone/Breland are the 3 most impressive guys I’ve seen (just in my opinion)

If we got two of those that would be some epic stuff. I had hoped like you are saying to round it out with someone like Jayden Jackson but not sure who else we are after there. Mario’s board expanded a lot during the season last year and it wasn’t bums so who knows
If Stone comes, you would have to bet on Jayden Jackson following him.

Advertisement
I just don’t like being in this position to begin with. It’s not just that we’re struggling to recruit elite DT’s right now even with the boatload of money being offered, it’s that you promised other elite recruits that they’d be playing next to equally talented players.

Lightfoot gonna bolt to OSU if we don’t close on Stone or Breland. Who knows what Artavius is thinking, especially with the money FSU is throwing around to a kid from a small town.

We need this. Bad. I mean we have playing time, money and the family on our side. What would the excuse be then?

I just don’t like being in this position to begin with. It’s not just that we’re struggling to recruit elite DT’s right now even with the boatload of money being offered, it’s that you promised other elite recruits that they’d be playing next to equally talented players.

Lightfoot gonna bolt to OSU if we don’t close on Stone or Breland. Who knows what Artavius is thinking, especially with the money FSU is throwing around to a kid from a small town.

We need this. Bad. I mean we have playing time, money and the family on our side. What would the excuse be then?
Also I’d like to know why Salavea sucks so badly as a recruiter. He seems to be a passionate guy and affable does he just not put in the work as these other DL coaches do?

Breland is more likely than Stone to make a decision based strictly on money. We can steal him from Oregon with an outsized offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back