2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
All I know is this…. The staff continues to “expect one or BOTH between Franklin/Stone”.

If they don’t land one, I don’t wanna see any slurpers coming in here spewing the BS bout “we haven’t been good in 20 years, did you really expect them to pick us?”… don’t pivot!!

They set the expectations, we just hold them to it.
Come NSD we need to keep Jones and land one of Stone, Breland, Franklin. That is my stance. That would absolutely be an elite haul. Literally it’d almost guarantee we have a top 3 DLine haul in the country this cycle - if not higher

All I know is this…. The staff continues to “expect one or BOTH between Franklin/Stone”.

If they don’t land one, I don’t wanna see any slurpers coming in here spewing the BS bout “we haven’t been good in 20 years, did you really expect them to pick us?”… don’t pivot!!

They set the expectations, we just hold them to it.

Mario’s salary set the expectations.

Advertisement
Mario’s salary set the expectations.
Mario is an elite recruiter and will win the relationship battles when all else is equal, he’s relentless - but you need the same financial backing on the trail.

Hypothetically speaking, what if Miami hired someone like Herman (at say 4Ms) would he not have top 10 classes yearly if that extra 4Ms of Mario’s salary was laundered into collective?

Realistically, nothing tells me no.

Come NSD we need to keep Jones and land one of Stone, Breland, Franklin. That is my stance. That would absolutely be an elite haul. Literally it’d almost guarantee we have a top 3 DLine haul in the country this cycle - if not higher
I do admire you dying on this hill. It’s impressive.

Went from “its only spring”, to “wait until summer” (I was this same guy) to “Everyone is committing in August don’t worry” now it’s “Come NSD”…

When NSD rolls around and Miami has a middle tier class (by expectation standards) you’ll prob be saying “Don’t worry 2025 is loaded”.

Advertisement
Guys, we ******?!
Season 4 No GIF

I do admire you dying on this hill. It’s impressive.

Went from “its only spring”, to “wait until summer” (I was this same guy) to “Everyone is committing in August don’t worry” now it’s “Come NSD”…

When NSD rolls around and Miami has a middle tier class (by expectation standards) you’ll prob be saying “Don’t worry 2025 is loaded”.
Because if we land someone and they don’t stick until NSD I don’t count that as a win…obviously. I’m not assigning full W/L in ******* August. And I never have been. I do agree it wouldn’t be a good sign if we don’t land any of these commitments in August. But that’s because come NSD it reduces the probability we flip one.

Personally I am just more concerned about actually Winning games this year. We do that and Idgaf if we only get the 12th class this year. It’s quite simple. I’m going to bet on Mario to recruit very well long-term.

Advertisement
We should work on flipping Jackson, how we lost a Poly DT to those bums in Norman is beyond me.

Can only help with Stone.
Jackson was an absolute kick in the nuts. That’s when I started to get seriously concerned about what was happening.

He’s not the whale so to speak but he’s exactly what we need on our DL. We land a couple elites and him and that’s a monster class. Say Stone/Jones/Jackson for example or a group that resembles that

Advertisement
Mario is an elite recruiter and will win the relationship battles when all else is equal, he’s relentless - but you need the same financial backing on the trail.

Hypothetically speaking, what if Miami hired someone like Herman (at say 4Ms) would he not have top 10 classes yearly if that extra 4Ms of Mario’s salary was laundered into collective?

Realistically, nothing tells me no.

I’m with you. The elite recruiter **** is nonsense in this era. Mario is not a great football coach, all things considered. Spending that kind of coin on him because of his recruiting reputation probably was not the smartest move. But we’re here now, so let’s hope it works out.

After everything I've witnessed I think we get Stone yet Franklin is the one I'm unsure about and would love to add Breyland too

If we walk out of the current bloodbath that is DT recruiting with those three, that erases everything about DT recruiting this cycle. I'm hoping for it
Good to know our fan base would settle for what you could make a case as the best three DT recruits in the country (Stone/Breyland/Franklin) and another stud in Jones. Hoping and asking for all four is ridiculous. Would be thrilled to add one of Stone/Breyland/Franklin with Jones. I think Breyland is the best DT recruit in the country based on film this year so hoping its him. Pair him or Stone/Franklin with Jones and a project and the DEs we have committed already in this class and that should do enough to erase the doubt about DL, be reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back