2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I know Cristobal hates that ****y **** Venables so we may be willing to really do whatever it take$ to land $tone
I so badly want us to put that guy in a locker. Dream scenario is he commits to okie and then flips to us late along with Jackson and the big tight end

Pulling Stone would be Mario’s greatest recruiting achievement to date at Miami, especially given the NIL constraints. We have basically whiffed on all those Florida kids who played for California Power. I’ve heard for a long time we had no shot with Stone or, to a lesser extent, EPL, so kudos to the staff for continuing to fight and apparently (according to the insiders here) making big progress on both those fronts.

After everything I've witnessed I think we get Stone yet Franklin is the one I'm unsure about and would love to add Breyland too

If we walk out of the current bloodbath that is DT recruiting with those three, that erases everything about DT recruiting this cycle. I'm hoping for it

Advertisement
Pulling Stone would be Mario’s greatest recruiting achievement to date at Miami, especially given the NIL constraints. We have basically whiffed on all those Florida kids who played for California Power. I’ve heard for a long time we had no shot with Stone or, to a lesser extent, EPL, so kudos to the staff for continuing to fight and apparently (according to the insiders here) making big progress on both those fronts.
Kid has every reason to pick OU but hasn't. If we were the perceived favorite we'd all likely be nervous right now. Not saying we're landing him but something has felt off so I definitely think we've got a shot where I just don't see it with Franklin.

All I know is this…. The staff continues to “expect one or BOTH between Franklin/Stone”.

If they don’t land one, I don’t wanna see any slurpers coming in here spewing the BS bout “we haven’t been good in 20 years, did you really expect them to pick us?”… don’t pivot!!

They set the expectations, we just hold them to it.

All I know is this…. The staff continues to “expect one or BOTH between Franklin/Stone”.

If they don’t land one, I don’t wanna see any slurpers coming in here spewing the BS bout “we haven’t been good in 20 years, did you really expect them to pick us?”… don’t pivot!!

💯 In recruiting second place doesn’t matter. Either they land some of these DT whales or they’ve failed. No in between.

Advertisement
Just my two cents....if we don't land these whales now, not going to panic. If our season goes well and these whales see Bain, Taylor, Wayne, and Horton feasting...expect them to flip before NSD. Same goes for the Jeremiah Smith's of the world on offense. We have to win to show that the direction of the program is set on winning and development. Zero stress for me either way boys. Gotta win and they will come.

Just my two cents....if we don't land these whales now, not going to panic. If our season goes well and these whales see Bain, Taylor, Wayne, and Horton feasting...expect them to flip before NSD. Same goes for the Jeremiah Smith's of the world on offense. We have to win to show that the direction of the program is set on winning and development. Zero stress for me either way boys. Gotta win and they will come.

Interesting take. Is your avatar a self portrait by any chance?

So it’s not just our fans? Good to know
Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games

Advertisement
That’s because the staff “felt good” about 96 other DTs and only one picked us lol
You can feel good about where you stand with a recruit but still not land the kid. I think sometimes the staff feeling they are in a good position with a kid gets confused with they misread the room and think the kid is definintely picking Miami. Feeling good about where you stand to me means the staff feels the kid has legit interest and is seriously considering Miami. It does not mean they think they will 100% land the kid. Misreading the room is what UF did with Cormani last year talking about today is Cormani Day and acting like it is a foregone conclusion just to have him commit to another school that night.

That being said what D$ said last night is a much more definite statement by the staff that they will land his commitment next week. Now if that is their belief and he chooses OU then that is misreading the room.

Advertisement
Never understood this.

In business its always a good idea to NOT burn bridges when you don't have to.

Being a troll is an 11 out of 10 on the dip**** scale in my book.
To be fair that is some fan putting out a completely non-sensical theory. If Stone truly wanted to go against the predictions he could just pick Miami rather than put out false info that he is heading to Miami to get them to switch their predictions just so he can pick OU and go against the predictions. Typically the simpliest explanation is the correct one.

IMG_7332.gif

1692383661464.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back