2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Why doesn’t Oklahoma need to prove it and have a monster season to get studs? They went 6-7 last year and lost 1 billion to 0 against their biggest rival, yet still beat us last year in overall recruiting ranking with a first time HC. They are about to do it again. Their coaching staff doesn’t have a proven track record and our NIL is likely at least comparable. What gives?

Why doesn’t Oklahoma need to prove it and have a monster season to get studs? They went 6-7 last year and lost 1 billion to 0 against their biggest rival, yet still beat us last year in overall recruiting ranking with a first time HC. They are about to do it again. Their coaching staff doesn’t have a proven track record and our NIL is likely at least comparable. What gives?
You Get Me Yes GIF by Tristen J. Winger

Bags aren’t a viable excuse anymore. We’re supposed to be using them on that side of the ball, right?

Either play the game, or stop hyping up about how this D-line class will be best in the country. Every single one of these big behemoths is getting a bag. OU is certainly bag throwing as well as all the usual suspects. It’s what NIL has created.

Let’s see if we quite literally put our money where our mouth is. Jason Taylor may have a gold jacket, but money is still king.

In the end, I expect we will have a borderline elite D-line class and will be cutting some nice, and deserved checks.
There is a difference between "bags" and NIL

Last edited:
Advertisement

Not saying it is or isn’t a valid reason, but you are going to get several responses along the lines of “OU has been in playoffs and several NY6 bowls over the past 5 or so seasons, we aren’t comparable.”

Stop being a mope. This U is all that matters. Kids need us to win a title before they commit here even if they are going somewhere with 6 other 5 stars at the same position in the same position group.

Nuance…. Okie has actually been good in these kids’ lifetime. There are no overall questions about their program. Our program has been on life support for a while now and many legit question if we will ever be back. We have disappointed so many times.

Now to coaching, Venables doesn’t have HC experience but he has been an elite DC for nearly 10 years. They believe in his system. Lebby is a hot new name and creative play caller. Yes they struggled in year one but there is reason to be excited. On the other we let go our two coordinators after just one season and it was a pathetic one, worse than OU’s. It also doesn’t help that Mario doesn’t specialize on any side of the ball when it comes to scheme. Sure we landed Guidry and he maybe a diamond in the rough but he has been around for a while and he didn’t exactly get a chance to show out at a bigger job regardless the extenuating circumstances. Bottom line is he doesn’t have the hype ole psycho Venables does. Then you have Dawson, steady guy but he isn’t exactly a new flavor, like Lebby. Bottom line is that there are way more questions surrounding us than them.

Also need to look at position need. OU did technically finish one spot ahead of us but I believe I saw somewhere that Derrick LeBlanc already transferred to UCf, he was a top 250 overall guy so my guess is if you drop him we actually finish ahead of OU. They hit big on a QB, S, and Edge player. Aside from the QB, Venables is a Defense guy so him getting defense players seems right, same way Mario got the studs on the OL. I think both classes are comparable last year for first time HC.

This year is TBD.

Advertisement
Not saying it is or isn’t a valid reason, but you are going to get several responses along the lines of “OU has been in playoffs and several NY6 bowls over the past 5 or so seasons, we aren’t comparable.”
After 1 min of googling:

Went back to 2010. He'd be 5. Reasonable age to start having impressions from a CFB team.

10 win seasons - OU -10; Miami - 1
Conference titles - OU - 8; Miami - 0
Top 10 Final rank - OU - 9; Miami - 1
CFP appearances - OU - 4; Miami - 0

**List doesn't include several Sugar Bowls**

Different rules for Miami. Been saying it for over a decade. This is not the easy gig it used to be. We have sucked very badly for a long time.

Nuance…. Okie has actually been good in these kids’ lifetime. There are no overall questions about their program. Our program has been on life support for a while now and many legit question if we will ever be back. We have disappointed so many times.

Now to coaching, Venables doesn’t have HC experience but he has been an elite DC for nearly 10 years. They believe in his system. Lebby is a hot new name and creative play caller. Yes they struggled in year one but there is reason to be excited. On the other we let go our two coordinators after just one season and it was a pathetic one, worse than OU’s. It also doesn’t help that Mario doesn’t specialize on any side of the ball when it comes to scheme. Sure we landed Guidry and he maybe a diamond in the rough but he has been around for a while and he didn’t exactly get a chance to show out at a bigger job regardless the extenuating circumstances. Bottom line is he doesn’t have the hype ole psycho Venables does. Then you have Dawson, steady guy but he isn’t exactly a new flavor, like Lebby. Bottom line is that there are way more questions surrounding us than them.
I don’t buy the second part because Mario has a first round QB but that doesn’t work for us…Mario had 3 straight drafts with someone drafted in the top 10..Mario also has proved it in the PAC12 and won it twice and beat Ohio state on the road...and now recruits have lost faith in his ability…but they will believe in what Venables is selling???

Advertisement
I don’t buy the second part because Mario has a first round QB but that doesn’t work for us…Mario had 3 straight drafts with someone drafted in the top 10..Mario also has proved it in the PAC12 and won it twice and beat Ohio state on the road...and now recruits have lost faith in his ability…but they will believe in what Venables is selling???
I think you losing the plot here. Recruits have not lost faith in Mario and that is shown by the fact that he landed a top 7 class going 5-7 last year and looks to land a top 10 class this year. I was just pointing out why Oklahoma has done better than us. We have discussed Mario and QBs/passing schemes ad nauseam on here and why it has worked against him. Perception is reality and it didn’t start when he came here it was already there when he was at Oregon

TRUE AND GOT TROUNCED EVERY TIME.

Not gonna lie it it gives real nuthugger vibes when kids/coaches flip one schools hand sign down, like we’re not creative/good enough to have our own **** so our rival schools cool and unique thing that they do we’re going to just flip it cause we don’t have anything cool and unique about us. Maybe I’m overreacting but it’s always bugged me like get your own **** 😂

Advertisement
OU has a whopping 8 players committed. Its best yall point to UF, which is a more applicable comparison. UF btw only has 2 players from the state of FL in their 17 man class. Hawkins is from WV.

Not gonna lie it it gives real nuthugger vibes when kids/coaches flip one schools hand sign down, like we’re not creative/good enough to have our own **** so our rival schools cool and unique thing that they do we’re going to just flip it cause we don’t have anything cool and unique about us. Maybe I’m overreacting but it’s always bugged me like get your own **** 😂
F them....the moment they flip the U down, I pray their arms & hands become paralyzed immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back