2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
the ball knowers/true crootin followers here at Oklahoma have no idea where this kid ends up. We don’t trust the thought process that he’s necessarily an OU lean, if that’s even true he’s ours to lose. Problem with stone is the kid actually could have a fantastic career in marketing, he knows how to drive engagement with the absolute best social media account managers.

Advertisement
You can clearly see the strategy Cristobal is using in recruiting these DL. And for me its taking root, if you listen their interviews. Whats the strategy? " All yall come play together" which is why they had them OV together. Stewart, Simmons, Stone, Breland. Who gonna stop yall? show me the OL. JT is key to that, this is a Hall of Famer, you are not guessing if he knows what he is talking about in regards to DL. These kids interview, always have some variation of, i can trust them with my development, or favorite part of the visit was the coaches. Im no insider but it wouldnt shock me if they all committed here.

Case in point of what i mean

Also check out Stone's exit interview....i can trust them with my development. Its not alot about how nice the weather is and all the pum pum walking around.

Also never forget they are gonna join Wayne, Bain and Collins for atleast 2 years and Kelly for atleast 1.

Last edited:
You can clearly see the strategy Cristobal is using in recruiting these DL. And for me its taking root, if you listen their interviews. Whats the strategy? " All yall come play together" which is why they had them OV together. Stewart, Simmons, Stone, Breland. Who gonna stop yall? show me the OL. JT is key to that, this is a Hall of Famer, you are not guessing if he knows what he is talking about in regards to DL. These kids interview, always have some variation of, i can trust them with my development, or favorite part of the visit was the coaches. Im no insider but it wouldnt shock me if they all committed here.

Case in point of what i mean

Also check out Stone's exit interview....i can trust them with my development. Its not alot about how nice the weather is and all the pum pum walking around.

Also never forget they are gonna join Wayne, Bain and Collins for atleast 2 years and Kelly for atleast 1.

The part that sticks out is the comment about nice weather. The allure of playing in an international metropolis like Miami has to be a secondary feature. We want football players first and foremost. People rag on country bumpkin campuses but that shouldn’t matter to the football elite, as they should care about football first and foremost.

People go to Bama because they will prepare them for the league. That’s what we need to be and that is the player we need to sign. Not the guy that wants to be in South Beach because those guys that prioritize that first usually don’t care as much on why they have a scholly. We need to cement that first and when we are on equal footing there then we turn to secondary features such as Miami living as benefits.

Now there are situations where Miami living can be used as a primary football focused positive attribute. Living in Miami will better prepare you for the league. In our glory years, GMs liked Miami players because they were already privy to the distractions and experiences of NFL life because they lived in a city.

The part that sticks out is the comment about nice weather. The allure of playing in an international metropolis like Miami has to be a secondary feature. We want football players first and foremost. People rag on country bumpkin campuses but that shouldn’t matter to the football elite, as they should care about football first and foremost.

People go to Bama because they will prepare them for the league. That’s what we need to be and that is the player we need to sign. Not the guy that wants to be in South Beach because those guys that prioritize that first usually don’t care as much on why they have a scholly. We need to cement that first and when we are on equal footing there then we turn to secondary features such as Miami living as benefits.

Now there are situations where Miami living can be used as a primary football focused positive attribute. Living in Miami will better prepare you for the league. In our glory years, GMs liked Miami players because they were already privy to the distractions and experiences of NFL life because they lived in a city.
Agree with all of this but imagine if we got things rolling like Bama in the development department and on top of all that its Miami v Tuscaloosa weather, opportunities, life after football, etc.

Also agree with @DMoney that we need to focus on city kids. Rednecks gonna redneck.

Advertisement
Agree with all of this but imagine if we got things rolling like Bama in the development department and on top of all that its Miami v Tuscaloosa weather, opportunities, life after football, etc.

Also agree with @DMoney that we need to focus on city kids. Rednecks gonna redneck.
That’s what I meant though. First and foremost you make it about football. Then when all things are equal you win out because it’s Miami vs Tuscaloosa. Still it needs to be secondary not primary, football first.

Advertisement
Stone says Miami OV is one of his favorite overall visits.

Family loves Miami. It’s their favorite. He has a good feel for how he will be used - really enjoys sitting with JT. Has learned a lot about what he needs to know to be successful in the future.

Says he knows where Miami sits with him In Relation to other schools but declined to tell that.

Says he and the staff have the best relationship and with a class like 2023 they would for sure be set up for success

Stone says Miami OV is one of his favorite overall visits.

Family loves Miami. It’s their favorite. He has a good feel for how he will be used - really enjoys sitting with JT. Has learned a lot about what he needs to know to be successful in the future.

Says he knows where Miami sits with him In Relation to other schools but declined to tell that.

Says he and the staff have the best relationship and with a class like 2023 they would for sure be set up for success
I want to get excited about this kid with the way he talks about us and then having the Mario/JT recruiting effort and the NIL that I know is going to be a good offer but this kid is a very good talker. He's tough to get a legit read on and knows how to market himself during the recruiting season lol. Hope I'm just reading to much into it.

Advertisement
This kid is going to OU. I admire our staff for trying but he’s a known silent.
1686600979412.gif

What the ****… is a “known silent”? If it’s KNOWN, then can he be a “silent”?

the ball knowers/true crootin followers here at Oklahoma have no idea where this kid ends up. We don’t trust the thought process that he’s necessarily an OU lean, if that’s even true he’s ours to lose. Problem with stone is the kid actually could have a fantastic career in marketing, he knows how to drive engagement with the absolute best social media account managers.
Appreciate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back