2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
From @Geo305 recruiting space

David Stone
  • Was strongly considering reclassifying. That's not happening now.
  • The ONE consistent in this recruitment was Miami and not OK
  • MSU faded away
  • Oklahoma (Family has concerns with OK)
  • Could be committing in July

Last edited:

David Stone
  • MSU faded away
  • Oklahoma (Family has concerns)

Who’s got a creative name a la “The Killer B’s” for when we sign Stewart, Stone, Simmons, and Scott?

Advertisement

David Stone
  • MSU faded away
  • Oklahoma (Family has concerns)

What are the OU concerns?

Advertisement
Oh wow, thanks for the info. Not used to being on that end of the situation.
We're living a parallel universe where parents want their kids out of Oklahoma and Alabama.

1686926934198.png

Advertisement
Reminds me of the Karlaftis recruitment when he went to Purdue. His sister was already there and many said that was a big reason.
However, can’t compare staffs and can’t compare the new way the officials are being done.

Also, I believe Karlaftis majored in engineering and Purdue is pretty **** good when it comes to that major.

I went to UM with, and was friendly with, Matt Karlaftis (he was in another fraternity that mine was friendly with). When Matt passed away, the entire family moved to Indiana, which is where the mother was from. So it's about more than just "his sister was already there", his entire family was there.

And, yes, Matt was an engineer at UM and George followed in his footsteps at Purdue.

Seems like fam has concerns about him leaving home. Which if true, why send him to IMG?
He has what his mother would consider bad influences here in OKC (think cousins/child hood friends with certain affiliations) - we’ve done our best to mitigate that by bringing on Gerald mccoy as basically his own personal recruiting line to the stone family (they’re from the same area in east OKC)

Advertisement
He has what his mother would consider bad influences here in OKC (think cousins/child hood friends with certain affiliations) - we’ve done our best to mitigate that by bringing on Gerald mccoy as basically his own personal recruiting line to the stone family (they’re from the same area in east OKC)
It would be reeeeeeeeeaaaalllly nice for us to benefit from that set of circumstances for a change....

It would be reeeeeeeeeaaaalllly nice for us to benefit from that set of circumstances for a change....
That’s the ongoing joke for us about this recruitment is that his mom is sending her kid to Miami to keep him away from bad influences lmao 😂 recruiting is a trip. It makes sense in this case though because he’s a smart kid, he’s not gonna seek out trouble in Miami, but he may have a tough time telling cousins/friends no and they live 20 minutes way

I do feel compelled to share with you guys theirs a lot of buzz in sooner land that they’re going to try to get him to shut it down this weekend - don’t shoot the messenger, this is just me being transparent - I personally don’t buy it because to stone attention has been everything, but that smoke is certainly out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back