2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious (aka bored) to see the gap in scores so I took a peak at last years composite final rankings from 247 and looked at the difference in tiers of 5 team blocks

#1 327.65 vs #6 288.43 (39.22 differential)

#6 288.42 vs #11 273.43 (14.99 differential)

#11 273.43 vs #16 255.88 (17.55 differential)

#16 255.88 vs #21 234.22 (21.66 differential)

#21 234.22 vs #26 223.59 (10.63 differential)

#26 223.59 vs #31 212.43 (11.16 differential)

UGA and Bama ran away with it last year. Texas had an elite class but a notch below those two. Then after that there were a bunch of schools, us being one that had top tier classes. The other thing to look at is average. Taint didn’t have a top 3 class but per recruit their class was on the level of the top 2. Also the way 247 runs things, they might as well just get rid of stars, it’s all about the actual rating. A 4 star .89 is way way way different than a .97 4 star. So while Lofton maybe a 4 and Pruitt maybe a 3 there isn’t all that much separating them.

Advertisement
Like i said, because we took all these lower ranked guys so early and are weird with some positions, im not judging it too much on the class rank. Even though we finished 7th last year, there was like 10 point gap between like #3-8 so like 1 player re order the rankings. Give me an elite DL class and fill all our other needs, i will be fine where the class settles. Elite DL class will guarantee top 7 most likely. We must perform on the field then Next cycle we should aim for #1.

Advertisement
Like i said, because we took all these lower ranked guys so early and are weird with some positions, im not judging it too much on the class rank. Even though we finished 7th last year, there was like 10 point gap between like #3-8 so like 1 player re order the rankings. Give me an elite DL class and fill all our other needs, i will be fine where the class settles. Elite DL class will guarantee top 7 most likely. We must perform on the field then Next cycle we should aim for #1.
I respectfully disagree with the second point. A 10-20 point gap is much bigger than it seems when you get that high into the 247 Algo. For instance just talking HS recruits, adding Cormani, Innis, and Hykeem to our 284 score only gets us to 304 and short of Texas’ 306. So yeah, Cormani alone would have gotten us to 4 but a good amount short of 3. To give you an idea at that point he only added 8 points.

An amount of wins does not dictate where the class lands. How bought in/improved the team looks to the naked eye means way more.
With all due respect, you're not making sense to me.

Going 5-7 to 10+ wins will tell you that a team is very bought in. Winning double the amount of games you won the year previous means you didn't just improve, you improved vastly.

May be true, but we can't leave any stone unturned.
View attachment 244103
@JG13 Get your *** back here!

Los Angeles News GIF by Storyful

You know **** well what you did. That's why you were running.

I've got a great spot for you to run to...

Prison Jail GIF by Yevbel

@WaterburyCane good looking out brother

Advertisement
I respectfully disagree with the second point. A 10-20 point gap is much bigger than it seems when you get that high into the 247 Algo. For instance just talking HS recruits, adding Cormani, Innis, and Hykeem to our 284 score only gets us to 304 and short of Texas’ 306. So yeah, Cormani alone would have gotten us to 4 but a good amount short of 3. To give you an idea at that point he only added 8 points.
You have a point but looking at the overall points is only a portion of it in my mind.

Mario is a persuasive salesman who has kept us ostensibly in the game. Every objective factor has been OU.

They've recruited him hard since day 1.

This isn't a convoluted battle with weird excuses from a Heritage kid.

Our biggest sell is early playing time and OU can sell the same.

He's from right there.

We've pulled Shockey and Syii Tucker from that area. That's it.

OU has more recent wins (though not national title).

We have bags. So do they.

I can't think of a single argument where we would be ahead in this recruitment.

It makes no sense, unless we are offering an absolute BALLOON to come here.

I would question strongly why a kid like Jones or Scott or the other DLs would go to OU over us, but Stone? It should be a layup for Venables.

Everything you wrote is either a fact or a reasonable inference. I understand why you believe Stone is all OU. But respectfully you don’t KNOW.

My opinion is based on the fact the kid is already in FL at IMG so he’s perfectly fine living wherever he believes is best for him. I’m sure he knows that he won’t be living in Oklahoma in 3-4 years regardless. His family is clearly good with it too.

Now maybe momma wants him closer to home, is a big OU fan. But history shows they have a plan. So it comes down to which coach and program they feel most comfortable with.

Normally I’d say sure OU is the better program right now. And Venbales is one great DC. But the combination of Mario, JT and Salave’a is no joke either. So I think it’s all about who the kid likes the best. My opinion is it’s team Miami.

Everything you wrote is either a fact or a reasonable inference. I understand why you believe Stone is all OU. But respectfully you don’t KNOW.

My opinion is based on the fact the kid is already in FL at IMG so he’s perfectly fine living wherever he believes is best for him. I’m sure he knows that he won’t be living in Oklahoma in 3-4 years regardless. His family is clearly good with it too.

Now maybe momma wants him closer to home, is a big OU fan. But history shows they have a plan. So it comes down to which coach and program they feel most comfortable with.

Normally I’d say sure OU is the better program right now. And Venbales is one great DC. But the combination of Mario, JT and Salave’a is no joke either. So I think it’s all about who the kid likes the best. My opinion is it’s team Miami.
Exactly he might as well stay in Florida and get some good coaching along with his old teammates

Advertisement

I hope so. We need any and all of the DL targets. I listed the ones I most want, but every one is a take.

A 7-12 ranked class is not good enough without an elite QB or a top 5 average rank per recruit. Sorry. It’s top 5, over 300 composite score we should be aiming for unless we are landing an elite per recruit ranking. Mario has not been a development or scheme coach - he has to recruit at an elite level to win. Maybe that changes with his new coordinators but until then this is my expectation with the resources and money he makes

With all due respect, you're not making sense to me.

Going 5-7 to 10+ wins will tell you that a team is very bought in. Winning double the amount of games you won the year previous means you didn't just improve, you improved vastly.
if only improve w wins. if you keep losing games, you still suck and haven't improved. sorry

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back