DL Coach search

GOING to throw a name out

Jess Simpson (Atlanta Falcons)

7 State Titles at Buford HS in Grorgia

Went from HS coach to Georgia St to Falcons D Assistant/DL coach

👀👀👀👀👀👀
Buford not really the pipeline like they used to be. He’s known in Georgia but not sure if this is the right hire for us tbh

Advertisement
GOING to throw a name out

Jess Simpson (Atlanta Falcons)

7 State Titles at Buford HS in Grorgia

Went from HS coach to Georgia St to Falcons D Assistant/DL coach

👀👀👀👀👀👀
I know this guy is a LEGEND here in Georgia. He worked for the Falcons under Dan Quinn who is a really good D Line coach. If he can bring us a player or two from Metro Atlanta, I’m good with the hire.

With his lack of experience coaching a power 5 D line at least we know he will stick around and or not get poached.

Advertisement
He's had his fair share of money problems in the recent past and hes currently helping Thomas McIntosh and the other guys get ready for the pros. He has a desire to coach.
Because he’s probably busy banging hookers. Guys not really somone Richt is going to choose and what credentials does he have as a coach?

Advertisement
Why do you say god no?

We need a proven veteran with P5 experience. Not a glorified HS Coach that was an NFL defensive assistant that coached one year at Georgia State. We are trying to win national championships. Banda and Rumph and the no experience LB coach we promoted are green enough on that side of the ball, now we are going to add someone with no P5 experience and ask him to recruit against Haggins and Sunseri for DL recruits?

I hope this isn’t true but I’m sure plenty will spin it if it is.

I know nothing of this guy but I’ll bet everything I own he gives more of an effort than Kuntogowski on the crootin trail.

That’s nice, and I don’t disagree. But I want the guys we have and will get to be coached up. Recruiting is good and all, but coaching is more important 10/10, especially with the experience already lacking on that side.

Let’s just hold off until this is confirmed true/not true. This could all be for nothing.

Advertisement
We need a proven veteran with P5 experience. Not a glorified HS Coach that was an NFL defensive assistant that coached one year at Georgia State. We are trying to win national championships. Banda and Rumph and the no experience LB coach we promoted are green enough on that side of the ball, now we are going to add someone with no P5 experience and ask him to recruit against Haggins and Sunseri for DL recruits?

I hope this isn’t true but I’m sure plenty will spin it if it is.
You might want to check out clemson d-line coach resume. He coached 3 years at jacksonville state before going to clemson and look what their d-line did last year and look at the monster d-line class they are bringing in. This guy obviously must be good at something if quinn was willing to hire him basically from hs.

You might want to check out clemson d-line coach resume. He coached 3 years at jacksonville state before going to clemson and look what their d-line did last year and look at the monster d-line class they are bringing in. This guy obviously must be good at something if quinn was willing to hire him basically from hs.

Also 10 chips.. i mean thats nothing to sniff at.. guy obviously relates to young people and can coach them up.. recruiting is to be determined but seems like a nice fit

That doesn't mean every coach will follow this path buddy, Jesus. Play the percentages here. Yes, a successful coach came from Jax State, went on to be the DL Coach under arguably the best DC in CFB for a team that was hitting its stride and landing top studs across the DL before he got there. That doesn't mean this hire would be okay. I'd much rather us land a proven guy with a proven track record because the likelihood of him doing well is much higher than a guy that has zero P5 experience, despite what this ONE Clemson coach has done. Understand?

Advertisement

Most of the dudes on this forum want the coaches to have 50 years of coaching experience at the college level before they come to Miami. Terrible thinkers.

Most of the dudes on this forum want the coaches to have 50 years of coaching experience at the college level before they come to Miami. Terrible thinkers.

Lol, really man?
Is wanting a couple of years of P5 experience for a DL coach too much to ask? In addition to our OLB coach we just promoted that also doesn't have ANY experience coaching a group on his own on this level? To go along with our DB coaches that have less than 3 years of coaching a position on this level? All of that = wanting 50 years or coaching experience?

Way to jump

Gimme that cokehead from the Dolphins. He can do either line.

High energy recruiter too.

Lol, really man?
Is wanting a couple of years of P5 experience for a DL coach too much to ask? In addition to our OLB coach we just promoted that also doesn't have ANY experience coaching a group on his own on this level? To go along with our DB coaches that have less than 3 years of coaching a position on this level? All of that = wanting 50 years or coaching experience?

Way to jump

I bet you were one of the guys that trashed the Hartley hire.

Good coaches come from all different paths.

At DL, we desperately need a monster recruiter because of how Kool ****ed us. If this guy can coach in the NFL and recruit, I'd take that.

Advertisement
Back