DL Coach search

Good Find. The copy cat is real. I noticed this a few years back when I saw MSU leaving guys on AN ISLAND all game long and DontknowD'frio afraid to let some Miami boys cover players from Kansas.

I highly recommend people read the article. Explains why that 4-3 over (aka the Miami 4-3)is an amazing defense. Every D has an inherent weakness, but the only weakness in the Miami 4-3 is low percentage deep throws that have to be thrown to the outside shoulder between the receiver and the sideline. Few qbs can make that throw consistently.

True Miami 4-3 should eat up the run- the DL should occupy blockers to free up the LBs. 3rd down D should not be an issue at all because everything but the aforementioned deep ball basket catch should be locked down and the man blitz pressure should hurry qb before he has time to throw an accurate deep pass.

I like how Burton coaches his DTs to do exactly what you are supposed to do in a Miami 4-3. This shooting gaps and stunting all over the place of Diaz's D is great for TFLs and sacks but is extremely vulnerable to giving up chunks of yardage.

IMO Burton will get the DTs back to playing like Miami DTs.

Advertisement
Taking time to hire a DL coach might have absolutely nothing to do with “striking out.” If Rick is being honest about all the interest in the position, then it’s best to be prudent and cull through all those candidates.

I want prudence, but I don't want the "awww shucks" candidate either. We need a beast teacher and recruiter here. Again, the trench is everything. Control the trench, and you control the game.

As much **** as I give Diaz, i think his defense would be just fine, flaws and all, if we were a quick strike offense. Its one thing to have a Diaz defense when your offense goes thtough 2 quarter droughts. Its another to have a Diaz defense when your offebse is scoring at will in 2 min spurts.

we need a running game, badly, and the next Dline coach will be just fine. People thought Hartley was dead weight when Richt hired him and now he's the best recruiter in the country.

Advertisement
I highly recommend people read the article. Explains why that 4-3 over (aka the Miami 4-3)is an amazing defense. Every D has an inherent weakness, but the only weakness in the Miami 4-3 is low percentage deep throws that have to be thrown to the outside shoulder between the receiver and the sideline. Few qbs can make that throw consistently.

True Miami 4-3 should eat up the run- the DL should occupy blockers to free up the LBs. 3rd down D should not be an issue at all because everything but the aforementioned deep ball basket catch should be locked down and the man blitz pressure should hurry qb before he has time to throw an accurate deep pass.

I like how Burton coaches his DTs to do exactly what you are supposed to do in a Miami 4-3. This shooting gaps and stunting all over the place of Diaz's D is great for TFLs and sacks but is extremely vulnerable to giving up chunks of yardage.

IMO Burton will get the DTs back to playing like Miami DTs.

I completely agree. Two guy that I always respected from MSU and wouldn't mind having here were Burton and Barnett. The Dline and DB coach. They keep a consistently good product despite the lack of high profile recruits.

One has to respect their ability to assess talent, teach it, and put it in the best position to succeed.

Im fine with Diaz version of the 4-3 but he has to play chess a lot better. He got too predictable of what he wanted to do and when he wanted to do it.

He also needs to trust his talent better. He uses way too much dressing and gimmick. When you got true freshman like Garvin whippin upperclass NFL prospects then you should know you don't need to loop and swoop/zone blitz every **** 3rd down. He needs to play way more man coverage and from THE BEGINNING of the game.

If he continues to wait till halftime to adjust instead of dictating then we will be in for a long year with him because that shats already been exposed.

He let Rudolph and Chryst take him behind the woodshed. They trusted their slow Wisconsin players to make plays against our vaunted Florida speed and they did. Coaches trusting their players is just as important as the talent of the players.

Hes got to know which OC's are going to trust their players and challenge our talented athletes and which coaches will rest on their laurels.

I like how they talked about the presnap alignment of the defense in relation to the line of scrimmage.

It was so hard trying to explain to guys how important presnap positioning is. If you aren't aligned correctly I don't care how good you are, youre going to get whooped.

Far too often we aren't aligned correctly in relation to the formation, LOS, and 1st down line.

I like to place a lot of the blame on the new safeties as we know Diaz system needs some seasoned safeties. We got spoiled with Jnkz and Jrock and didn't realize how much they helped clean up our young linebackers mistakes.

Our DB's inability to get a guy on the ground on third and long were a strong percentage of our third down failure.

Why not hire warren sapp
I'm only asking here,.. But what could we offer him to get him to leave his current position? He seems pretty happy on a boat, and last time I checked (2 days ago) there's not much stress 25 miles out in the Atlantic!!

I'm only asking here,.. But what could we offer him to get him to leave his current position? He seems pretty happy on a boat, and last time I checked (2 days ago) there's not much stress 25 miles out in the Atlantic!!
He's had his fair share of money problems in the recent past and hes currently helping Thomas McIntosh and the other guys get ready for the pros. He has a desire to coach.

I had heard he was working with a couple guys,.. But figured it was something a bit more personal.
Didn't know he has an interest in coaching...That's a bit interesting.

Advertisement
stop.jpg

Why not hire warren sapp

Maybe I'm remembering the Aranda thing differently but it seemed obvious that he was Ritch first choice specially since he waited until Aranda took the lsu job to hire Diaz.

You are correct sir. We came close with Aranda. Richt has some clout and his rep is spotless.

Advertisement
Jon Fabris is a candidate (Per Ivins)

I will bet the house it isn’t Fabris. If Kool couldn’t recruit, I don’t think Fabris is the guy. It would be a huge step down for Miami. Problem is Kool left at the worst possible time. Right before Spring ball for many schools and when the top people are locked in. Do not be surprised if Richt decides not to hire anyone this year unless it is someone he is really happy about. He will go with any in-house options instead.

I will bet the house it isn’t Fabris. If Kool couldn’t recruit, I don’t think Fabris is the guy. It would be a huge step down for Miami. Problem is Kool left at the worst possible time. Right before Spring ball for many schools and when the top people are locked in. Do not be surprised if Richt decides not to hire anyone this year unless it is someone he is really happy about. He will go with any in-house options instead.
Not going to happen. He’s hiring someone before spring ball

Don't be surprised? My level of surprise of winning the powerball would be the same as my level of surprise if Richt doesn't hire someone to coach his defensive line. Actually, I have a better chance of winning the powerball than Miami does of playing this season without hiring a defensive line coach.

Advertisement

Kool left at the worst possible time?
How so?
You want your coaches, especially your elite ones, to leave after NLOI day.
This school lost Schnellenberger, Jimmy Johnson and Butch at pretty inconvenient times and we survived.
As for Richt foregoing the hiring of a DL coach for 2018 season, that is the most ridiculous thing I've read.

Advertisement
Back